Chapter 29

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 29 - 


As he blew on the wound, Baekhyun's eyes met with Taeyeon's.

They looked at each other for seconds,

Baekhyun gently leaned forward... their lips touched.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The warm lips took all her fears and worries away. Taeyeon's heart skipped for the very first time. She has never felt this way. It wasn't her first kiss, but it felt like one.

"Mianhae.." 

Gently pushing Taeyeon away from his embrace, Baekhyun withdrew from the kiss. Opening her eyes, Taeyeon saw a pair of eyes. Filled with remorse, guilt and perhaps regrets.

Is this how Baekhyun feel after kissing her? 
Just guilts and regrets? 


Even though it's just a kiss, it's betrayal. Baekhyun who once sweared that he will not allow anyone to hurt Sehun, but he ended up being the one who betrayed his best friend.

"I'm sorry.." Baekhyun apologized once more. "I shouldn't have, it's a mistak..." Before he could finish this sentence, Taeyeon cuts him. "What do you mean by sorry?" That question got Baekhyun. He doesn't know what to say besides apologizing. Baekhyun maybe smart and all. He is always clear-minded and very mindful in whatever he do. But every time when he is with Taeyeon, something else took control over his mind. 

Taeyeon turned away and tried to open the car door to walk out. But she was stopped by Baekhyun. "Where are you going?" He reaches for Taeyeon's hands on the door. "Back to where I belong." She replied in an unusual calm tone. "Midtown?" Baekhyun asked. "No way... You not going back to your so-called brother. I won't allow that!" 


Just moments ago, Taeyeon was terribly hurt by the brother she respected the most. And now, the man who has stolen her heart, hurt her once more by apologizing for his kiss. 

Of course Taeyeon knew what she did with Baekhyun was wrong. She knew that's cheating. But it's not just that. Every single thing that she is doing now is a huge mistake. She has forgotten what she is here for. She has forgotten about Jiyong oppa's revenge. She has forgotten what she promised Jiyong oppa. Her vision got blurred along the way. She is taking the wrong sides now. This man right here... he is a rival, not a friend. And Sehun, he is not her boyfriend for real...he is the son of an arch enemy!


Taeyeon turned to look at Baekhyun. "I'm telling you this one last time. Stay out of my business." She tried to release her hands from Baekhyun, but he still refuse to let go. 


"No.."

"I can't let you go just like this." 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

It was day break. 

The morning sun falls on Baekhyun's face. His eyes cracked opened. The first thing he did was to turn to the passenger seat to find Taeyeon. But she is not around. Knitting his brows, Baekhyun alighted from the car and walked around the morning Han River looking for Taeyeon. 

But there is no sight of her.


Last night, Taeyeon didn't leave afterall. Though she wanted to, there is nowhere she could go. She couldn't return to Mid-Town until Jiyong oppa recover from his drunkard state. She couldn't go to Sehun with her clothes torned like that. Besides, Baekhyun didn't allow her to leave too. He couldn't allow her to return to her brother. But he had no idea where he could bring her to. He just knew he has to stay by her side.  

Both of them ended up spending the night in the car. But they didn't speak a word since their last conversation. They just stayed together in silence...... until they fell asleep.


While Baekhyun kept looking around the Han River, a text received on his cellphone:

I'm gone. Don't worry. I promise I won't let anyone hurt me. Thanks for staying with me the entire night. You are right. Everything is a mistake like you said. Forget about what happened. Forget about what you saw last night. Forget about the kiss. Let's just pretend nothing happened and get back to our own lives. As for Jiyong oppa, promise me you keep this from Sehun for the time being. I'll find a chance to talk to him. And..... I guess I haven't said this.... Congratulations to you and Krystal. Congrats... Really.

- TY


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


- The same morning ..... - 


The doorbell to Sehun's house rang. It was a Saturday morning and Sehun's sleep was ruined by the unexpected guest. Running fingers through his morning hair, Sehun dragged his feet to the door.
 

"Taeyeon...?"

Sehun's pissed face instantly turned into a grin. "What brings you here so early?" A pleasant surprise flashed across his face finding Taeyeon behind the door. Showing her the way into the house, Sehun helped her with her bag. "Why didn't you call? I can go fetch you..." 

Just then, a sudden backhug surprised Sehun. Smirking at the initiative Taeyeon is taking, "Wh...what is this for?" Sehun gently placed his hands over Taeyeon's on his chest.

"Let's live together..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short chapter... but do stay tuned for what's going to happen next.

<3<3<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~