Chapter 38

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 38 - 


"No one would believe me if I said I hardly lunch with you more than 2 times a week.."

Sehun briefly commented as he cuts his sirloin steak skillfully with the silver culteries. "I mean considering we are working in the same company." Sehun smirked and looked cross the table. "Are you really that busy?? You are making me, the CEO looking really bad, you know." Sehun jokingly added. Baekhyun simply shrugged and smiled. "You should be happy that you have a hardworking employee like me.." 

Sehun let out another laugh. "Not bad. Glad to know that you still joke." He placed down his culteries and took a sip on the expensive red wine. "Seems like you like Pusan alot huh.." Sehun asked. "I heard that you are considering taking another project assignment over there." He asked. Baekhyun looked up and wiped his mouth with the napkin. He nodded. "I'm still considering." Baekhyun said. "It's a great opportunity and I had good experience when I was there a couple of years ago."

Sehun nodded slightly in response. "I hope that's the real reason.." he commented. Baekhyun looked at Sehun for a second before resuming his meal. "Let's drop the topic." he said. "We are making Chanyeol bored." Baekhyun added as the two turned their heads to Chanyeol who has been oddly quiet today.

"What's wrong with you today?" Sehun asked Chanyeol. "Is our topic killing your mood?" Sehun added. Chanyeol roll his tougue in his mouth,,, thinking whether he should tell his friends. He hesitated. Chanyeol knew Sehun has been looking for her over the years. But Chanyeol is aware of what happened 5 years ago. That girl who almost ruined his best friends' life. She played with Sehun's feeling and used him to get revenge for her brother. And she made Baekhyun fell in love with her and almost got his two friends fell out over her. Now finally their lifes have resumed back to normal, is it a good idea to announce that she is back?? Besides, what if he made a mistake? What if it wasn't Taeyeon that he saw the other day??

"Errm,,, I'm fine. Just tired probably." Chanyeol replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Walking along the familiar streets, Taeyeon looked ahead at the familiar cafe. That cafe was filled with her laughters, tears and memories. She wanted to take one last look before her departure. After pondering if she should enter the cafe, Taeyeon changed her mind.

As she turned around to walk away, a slim figure blocked her way.

"Kim Tae Yeon"

A voice called her name in full.


"Really. It's you. I thought I made a mistake that day. But it's really you." 

"I thought I will never see you again in my entire life. Looks like it's my own wishful thinking."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Taeyeon looked straight at the lady. She is dressed in an expensive dress, with a luxury clutch lying on her laps. Her long black hair is neatly tied up. Both of them are now seated in Cafe Monte. Taeyeon never thought her revisit to Monte would be like this. Definitely not with this accompany. In the first place, Taeyeon never dreamt of meeting her again. But it all happened.

"Why did you return?" The lady started in a calm tone. She looked up and expecting an answer from Taeyeon. But no word came out from Taeyeon. "Do you think you can get away by just keeping quiet? You knew very well what you did 5 years ago. I can't believe you still have the cheek to come back.." 

Meanwhile, a waitress interrupted them.

"Ms Oh, here's your ice latte."

"Mrs Byun, call me Mrs Byun."

"Sorry, Mrs Byun. Your ice latte."

Taeyeon's lifted her eyes. Yes, the woman who is sitting right across her now, is none other than the rightful and lawful Mrs Byun, Krystal Byun.


"Look. I don't have a lot of patience." Krystal said as she sipped on her latte. "I will go straight to the point." she said. "It took us the entire family a lot of hard time to finally forget everything. It took us so long to finally get back to our usual life and erase you from our memories. So I'm warning you. LEAVE US ALONE." Having said that, Krystal threw some cash on the table and stood up to leave.

"Wait.." Taeyeon stopped her.

"What do you want?" Krystal turned around and asked. "Nothing." Taeyeon replied. "What do you mean nothing?" Krystal asked with a crooked brow. "I didn't come back for anything." Taeyeon finally speaked up. "And I know I deserve no forgiveness from anyone. But I do still owe you and your family an apology... I'm sorry."

Krystal's brows knitted. "Sorry??" 

She stormed towards Taeyeon and placed a strong hit on her cheek. "Sorry?!" Krystal roared. "Do you know you have ruined the most beautiful day of my life?!" Krystal let out loud. "Do you know you almost had my brother and the man I love killed?!" Krystal cried. "Sorry ain't going to make up for everything you did!! Don't even dream about that!!"

The tight slap got everyone's attention in Cafe Monte. The crowd looked towards the both of them. Holding on to her sore cheek, Taeyeon did not retaliate. She simply stood up and wanted to leave. But Krystal stopped her and pulled Taeyeon closer..

"I guess you'd like to know this." Krystal took Taeyeon's hand to feel her abdomen. "I'm 2-months pregnant. I'm now carrying Byun's heir in me. Don't you dare to try anything funny. And if I were you, I will leave this place for good. And never ever come back.."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~