Chapter 43

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 43 - 

 

Meanwhile, a cool breeze came... and something landed on Taeyeon's feet.

"Unnie, look what I found."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Taeyeon bent down and picked it up. 

"Isn't this the picture Yoohyun drew? I remember Ms Park showed it to me at the orphanage." Yoohyun's mother asked. "Deh." Taeyeon nodded slightly as she held onto the drawing. "But I remember Yoohyun didn't bring it with her here." Yoohyun's mother added.

Taeyeon looked up. "Me neither." 

Then how did this drawing ended up here??

Taeyeon looked at Yoohyun. "Yoohyun, where did you find this?" Taeyeon asked. Yoohyun smiled and pointed to a corner. "Huskie found it!! Over there!" Taeyeon turned to where Yoohyun pointed to. And right around the corner, a familiar figure appeared.

Taeyeon dropped the drawing. 


It has been 5 years since they last met..

She never thought of meeting him again..

But how did he ended up here?


"Baekhyun oppa?!!" 

Yoohyun shouted excitedly and ran towards that figure. She welcomed him with a huge hug. "Baekhyun oppa?" Yoohyun's mother muttered. She picked up the drawing from the ground and looked at it. "Ahh I got it. This young man is the one in the picture with you and Yoohyun. Yoohyun mentioned him a few times to me." Yoohyun's mother smiled. "Did you two plan to come here at the same time?" she asked. But Taeyeon didn't reply. Taeyeon just kept quiet. And her eyes were glued to what she is watching in front of her..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hi, it's been a long time."

Husky but gentle, his voice still sounded the same. This is their first greeting after 5 years. Wearing a dark suit with a trenchcoat, his hair is neatly trimmed and combed back. Nothing much has changed on him, except for the maturity. Taeyeon's eyes felt warm as small tears started to form in them. Holding back her emotions, Taeyeon tried to greet... but nothing came out from .

Baekhyun was about to continue, but he noticed Yoohyun and the other lady was watching them. Baekhyun realized he hadn't formally greet yet, and quickly bowed to Yoohyun's mother. "Hi, I'm sorry to interrupt. I'm Baekhyun from Seoul. I got this address and thought it might lead me to....erm... Yoohyun, so I just came uninvited."

Yoohyun's mother smiled, "It's fine. It's a pleasant surprise that Yoohyun's two biggest saviors are here at the same time. I guess this is a special day for all of us." She bent down and wrapped Yoohyun into her arms. "Yoohyun, let's leave oppa and unnie alone for now." She suggested. Yoohyun shook her head. "No umma, I want to stay with them." Yoohyun grabbed both Taeyeon and Baekhyun hands tightly. "Be good. Let's leave them here and we go prepare a sumptuous dinner for them." Yoohyun's mother suggested. She then stood up and turned to Taeyeon and Baekhyun. "It's such a happy day. May I have the honor to keep both of you for dinner?" she asked. Taeyeon hesitated while Baekhyun looked at her. Both of them felt a grip in their hands. "Unnie, Oppa. Please stay." Yoohyun pleaded.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Watching Yoohyun and her mother leaving, it was left with only both of them. It was entering evening, and the temperature dropped drastically. Taeyeon held her arms for warmth as the wind blew against them.

"Take my coat." Baekhyun noticed and offered his coat. But Taeyeon stood back, "I am fine, thanks." she rejected. Seeing her once again after so long, Baekhyun couldn't break his glare on her. He still remember the blonde tip short hair she used to keep back then. It was cute and it suited her so much. But right now, standing in front of him, this brunette hair Taeyeon is speechlessly gorgeous. 

Baekhyun lifted the drawing in his hands, and smiled. "I was wondering where this address could lead me to. Thank god, it brought me to where I wanted." Baekhyun said. Taeyeon looked up. "This address?" she asked. "Wasn't Ms Park the one who gave you Yoohyun's address?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Ms Park wasn't around when I visited the orphanage. I just happen to notice the sketch and this address.."

Taeyeon's brows knitted as she hear it.

"It's fated, isn't it?" Baekhyun asked. "Even heaven is on my side this time." Baekhyun said as he glued his glare into Taeyeon's eyes. But Taeyeon look away. "You drew this sketch, right?" Baekhyun asked. But Taeyeon didn't reply. "If it wasn't for this sketch, I would probably never find you." He said. "Do you know Sehun and I has been searching for you. Why didn't you look for us all these time??" 

Taeyeon lifted her eyes, but she stayed wordless.

Baekhyun took another step forward. But Taeyeon kept their distance. "I gotta go. I guess Yoohyun's mother might need help in the kitchen." 

Without turning back, Taeyeon walked away.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taeyeon-shi."

Yoohyun's mother woke Taeyeon from her thoughts. "Why are you in daze? You will cut your fingers like this." she said as she removed the knife and chopping board from Taeyeon. "Is everything okay?" Yoohyun's mother asked. "Deh, I am fine.." Taeyeon nodded her head slightly, 

Yoohyun's mother smiled. "I am a woman too. You can't hide from me." she said. Taeyeon looked at her with a little surprised. "What..?" Taeyeon asked. "That young man, Baekhyun-shi. Is everything okay between the two of you?" she asked. "You seem to be alittle out of sort since he came. If I'm right, he is not here for Yoohyun, but you. Am I right?"

Taeyeon quickly shook her head. "No. You got it wrong. He is.... just a friend. I had no idea that he will be here too." Taeyeon explained. "Jinjia?" Yoohyun's mother doubted. "Perhaps it's fate that brings you two together here." she added. Taeyeon shook her head slightly. "It's not like this..." Taeyeon muttered as she looked up at Yoohyun's mother. "He is a married man." Taeyeon said firmly. Yoohyun's mother lifted her eyes. "Oh, I see. Ahh~ that explains the bride in the drawing. I am sorry that I made a mistake." she said. "I know I shouldn't be saying this. But it's a pity. You two look good together." 


Over dinner, it was Yoohyun who did almost all the talking. Sharing about her life in the orphanage before she came to Canada, and also about her new family. Her foster parents played a good host and served Taeyeon and Baekhyun with a feast and wine. It was turning dark when Taeyeon realized she has to go before it gets too late. "It's late. I shouldn't hold you up." Taeyeon said as she picked up her coat. "Let me see you back." Baekhyun quickly offered. But Taeyeon hesitated. "Erm.." Yoohyun's mother interrupted. "Well, you can't really get a transport at his hour. Besides, Canada's spring is cold at night." she said. " Wny not both of you stay over tonight? We have rooms anyway. Besides, Yoohyun will be very pleased if you can stay.."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Looking at the beautiful lights across the yard, Taeyeon couldn't fall asleep. Both Baekhyun and Taeyeon obliged when Yoohyun's mother kept them for the night. For Taeyeon, she couldn't reject because Yoohyun persuaded her. As for Baekhyun, he didn't even arrange for an accomodation before he came. 

Taeyeon wasn't sure the real reason why Baekhyun is here. Did he came for Yoohyun? Or did he came because there is a slim chance that she is here? Taeyeon never told anyone she is coming to Canada, not even Ms Park who gave her the address. Lifting up Yoohyun's drawing, Taeyeon run her fingers through the sketch that she casually drew when she last visited the orphanage. She left the address on the sketch without much thoughts. Who would expect that sketch and the address would bring Baekhyun here?


"It's nice, isn't it?" 

A voice from behind interrupted her thoughts. Taeyeon took by surprised and turned around. Seeing Baekhyun walking towards her, Taeyeon discreetly hid the drawing behind her. "Those lights are beautiful, aren't they?" Baekhyun asked as he stopped in front of Taeyeon. 

Stretching his arms, he reached for the drawing behind Taeyeon. 

"So this is with you. I thought I lost it." Baekhyun smirked as he took it from Taeyeon. "I asked Yoohyun, she said I can keep this picture. As a momento." Baekhyun smiled. Uncertain about the smile on him, Taeyeon was confused. How can he possibly behave like nothing happened? How can he not even mention a word about what happened 5 years ago? How can he still smile to her like this? 

There were so many questions in Taeyeon's mind. She wanted to know his purpose of coming to Canada. She wanted to know what happened after that gunshot 5 years ago. She wanted to know how's life for him for the past few years. She wanted to know... but who is she to ask him all that??

 

"Don't you want to know..?" 

Baekhyun broke their silence. The smile on his face diminished as he puts on a serious tone. "You have been quiet since we met. Don't you have anything to talk to me? Or to ask me?" He asked. "Don't you want to know why I am here? Don't you want to know why I came all the way across the globe to this place?" 

Taeyeon looked up. Once again, just like in the past, it's as if he could read her mind.

"How?" Taeyeon finally asked. "How did you end up here?" she asked. Baekhyun took a small step forward. "The sketch you drew." he said. Taeyeon's brow furrowed. "Just by that address?" she asked. "Although the address on the sketch says nothing, I got a feeling it will lead me to you."

Baekhyun took another step forward.  

"Why do you want to look for me?" Taeyeon stepped back. "After what I did to you and Sehun. And after what Jiyong oppa did to you.." Taeyeon stopped at the attempt of mentioning the gunshot 5 years ago. Taeyeon can never forget what happened. For so many years, it was stucked in her head. There wasn't a single moment that she could put that ordeal behind her mind. And there wasn't a single second that she could forget that Jiyong almost killed Baekhyun.


"I'm sorry." Taeyeon muttered. 

Looking up, she said it straight to Baekhyun. "This is what I owed you." she said. Baekhyun shook his head. "An apology?" he asked. "An apology for what? For hiding your true feelings because you had to help in your brother's revenge? Or an apology for not waiting for me to wake up before you left?" 

Taeyeon looked up in surprised.

"Sehun told me everything." Baekhyun said. "I know you were at the hospital that night when I was shot. You waited until the doctor announced that I was out of danger before you left." he added. "But why? Why didn't you wait for me to wake up? Why didn't you give me a chance to talk to you before you go?" 

Taeyeon shrinked and stepped back. "It's late. Let's go back into the house." Taeyeon tried to avoid the topic and leave. But she was stopped by Baekhyun. "How much longer do you want to hide from me? You have hid for 5 years. How much longer do you want to do this?"

Taeyeon stopped her feet.

 Without saying another word, Baekhyun stepped forward and wrapped Taeyeon into his arms from behind. "There is no way I'm letting you go this time." he said firmly. Taeyeon tried to free herself from him, but Baekhyun won't let go. 

Baekhyun turned her around and held her right hand to place it on his lower chest, the spot where he got shot by G-dragon. Taeyeon eyes reddened as she felt the scar underneath his shirt. A complete silence filled the atmosphere. Tears started to flow down on Taeyeon's cheek as she touched on the scar.

 

"Did.. Did it hurt...alot?"

Taeyeon asked the question that she had wanted to ask for 5 years. And she finally asked it today. Baekhyun shifted her hands up to his chest. "Deh, it hurt alot. But it was nothing compared to here.. my heart. It hurts alot each time at the thought that I will never see you again."

Taeyeon looked up and their eyes met.

"Do you know who's the person I wanted to see most when I recover my conciousness?" Baekhyun asked. 

"It's you."


Hearing that, Taeyeon released herself from the hug. "No, this is not right." she said as she took a huge step behind. "Baekhyun, we can't do this." Taeyeon shook her head. Baekhyun closed the gap between them. "I know what you are worrying about.." Baekhyun raised his hands and looked at his watch. He smiled.

"As of now, we can do whatever we what."

Without waiting for Taeyeon to respond, Baekhyun pressed his lips onto hers. Taeyeon tried to withdraw but Baekhyun didn't allow. Taeyeon gradually obliged and allow their kiss to carry on. Their wrap around each other tightens as their kiss gets deeper. 

The kiss was late for 5 years.

It went on until Taeyeon gently pushed Baekhyun away.

Resting their foreheads together, Baekhyun raised his hands to wipe off the tears left on Taeyeon's cheek. "Do you know I had been wanting to do this since a long time ago?" He smiled. "A long time ago?" Taeyeon asked. "Remember the first time we kissed? At midtown when we were trying to hide from the beasts?" Baekhyun asked. "Back then, I knew I loved you."

Taeyeon looked down. "But...." Baekhyun placed his fingers on Taeyeon's lips to stop her.

"There is one more thing I haven't tell you." Baekhyun said. "What Krystal told you that day, it was nothing but a lie." Taeyeon lifted her eyes. "Lie? She is not..." she asked. Baekhyun nodded. "Of course she is not carrying my child. We are not having that kind of relationship, I swear. She lied because she was afraid that she will lose me." He said. "But the fact is she never had me. Everything is my fault. I shouldn't have gone with the marriage. I should be more firm and shouldn't give in to my father. I have hurt Krystal enough and I can't do that anymore. It's time to end it and as of now, we are officially divorced." 

Taeyeon's eyes widened. "You what? Divorced?"

Baekhyun nodded. "I have been wanting to search for you. But I can't. Krystal won't agree to our divorcement when I brought it up to her 3 years ago. And it didn't seem right if I look for you before our divorcement realized." Baekhyun sighed. "So I waited. Until today. That's why I am here. To look for you. To look for the love I have lost for 5 years."

Taeyeon bit her lips, and looked at Baekhyun. "But after what I did, and what Jiyong oppa did to you.." she said. Baekhyun smiled. "What I suffered is just an external wound. But what Sehun suffered is an internal wound. You used his feelings and broke his heart. But he has forgiven you and let go. So if Sehun can empathize and forgive you. Why can't I do the same and forgive your Jiyong Oppa. Besides, it's our parents who did him wrong in the first place. Most importantly, I can't lie to myself anymore. It's a fact that you are the one I love. We have wasted 5 years and that's enough."

Taeyeon eyes reddened at the heard of Baekhyun's words.

"You are foolish. What if you can't find me? What if that address leads you to nowhere?" Taeyeon said. But Baekhyun shook his head. "No, it won't. I know it will lead me to you. Even if it doesn't, I will never stop looki..."

Baekhyun stopped.

This time, it was Taeyeon who stopped him with her lips..

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END