Chapter 30

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 30 -
 

Smirking at the initiative Taeyeon is taking,

Sehun gently placed his hands over Taeyeon's on his chest.

"Let's live together..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Lying on the bed, Taeyeon couldn't sleep. Watching the man sleeping beside her, she stared at him blankly. Sharp nose, long lashes, perfect jawlines, milky skin..Sehun is really good-looking, even when he's asleep.

"But what did he see in me?"

Taeyeon asked herself as she watch him sleeping.

It's their first night living together. Taeyeon sensed how thrill Sehun was when she initiated the idea of staying together. But what Sehun didn't know was the real reason behind it.



- Flashback -


"I'm sorry..."

The first thing that greeted Taeyeon when she stepped into the house once again. Now that it's not as dark as last night, Taeyeon can see clearly what's around the house. The bottles are still on the ground. The broken one stained with her blood is still intact. On the table.... she found drugs.

Taeyeon knew it. She knew G-dragon wasn't just drunk. He was high on drugs. That was why he totally became another person last night. Turning her head around, Taeyeon found him sitting on the couch. That same couch where he tried to force himself on her last night. 

"I'm sorry. I wasn't in the right mind. I was totally out of control last night." G-D started blaming himself. "I would never forgive myself if I really did it to you..." He buried his head into his hands. "Hate me if you want to.." He said "If you decided to leave me and leave this whole thing... Oppa won't stop you."

Taeyeon watched him quietly. Those blood-shot eyes. His tears. His revealing veins when he strained his neck as he blamed on himself.

In her heart, Taeyeon never blamed G-dragon. But no doubt, what he did to her last night was hurtful, even though she could tell it was under the influence of drugs. Taeyeon had so much respect for him. She gave him 100% trust. And she's willing to give up everything just to fulfill his goals. Everything.


"You are free to go, Taeyeon."
"Oppa won't force you anymore."
"Just go. Before I do anything to hurt you again."

Taeyeon didn't respond.

She quietly bent down to pick up the bottles. One by one, until she cleared them all.


"have the passcode to Oh's office." Taeyeon suddenly said it.
"I saw the safe. If I'm not wrong, half of the evidences are in it."

G-dragon looked up at her in disbelief. Without saying another word, Taeyeon turned around and walked into her room. Minutes later, she exited from her room with changed clothes and with a bag.  "I'm leaving here for a short while." She said.  "Where are you going?" G-dragon noticed her bag.

"Give me some time."

"I promise I will get you the other half of the evidences."


- Flashback Ends - 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

- Weeks Later - 


It's Sunday morning and Sehun's house came two guests.

Opening the doors with just a pair of pajama pants on, Sehun found his two best friends behind the doors. It has been a while since they visited him. Chanyeol was away from town, and Baekhyun has been busy with his wedding preparation.

"Hey bro, it's been awhile." Chanyeol greeted Sehun with his signature smile. "Aren't you cold? Topless and wearing just this thin pair of pants?" Chanyeol jokingly asked as he entered with Baekhyun following behind him. Sehun just smile and brought the two into his house.


"What brings you two here?" Sehun asked as he briefly picked up a pullover and wore it. "Baekhyun couldn't decide which Tux to pick for his wedding." Chanyeol said. "I know you always has great taste when it comes fashion, so I pulled him here."

Chanyeol brought out the catalogue and placed it infront of Sehun. Sehun took and browse it through. "Are you the one getting married or Baekhyun?" Sehun asked as he looked at Baekhyun who has been quiet since he entered the house. "You seem to be more eager and excited than the groom-to-be". Sehun said with smirk.

Chanyeol laughed it out.

"Hey, say something... groom-to-be." Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun who's sitting beside him. But Baekhyun simply shrugged. "I have no preference." He said. Sehun closed the catalogue and placed it down. "But I'm sure Krystal has preference. Why don't you discuss it with her? I'm sure she knows what to pick for you." Sehun said. "Besides, you are always good-looking. I'm sure you will look good in anything." He added.

 

During their conversation, Chanyeol's attention was shifted to footsteps coming from behind. He turned around and surprised to find that the three of them aren't alone. "Oh my...." His eyes widened. 

"Taeyeon-shi is here too..?" Chanyeol muttered out. Wearing just an oversize man's top over her petite body, Taeyeon walked out while brushing her hair through with her fingers. Chanyeol brows raised when he saw her appearance. The rest turned their heads to her direction as well.


"I'm sorry. I didn't know we have guests." Taeyeon commented as she join them. "We??" Chanyeol mouthed as his brows lifted even more. Sehun just responded with a smirk. "Annyeong, Chanyeol, Baekhyun. How are you guys doing?" Taeyeon greeted with a small smile.

Baekhyun brows knitted looking at how Taeyeon greeted them naturally and pretended nothing happened. Browsing slightly on her, she's wearing Sehun's shirt and looked like she just walked out from bed. Baekhyun got the sign. He could tell she spent a night there.

"Erm you guys carry on. I'll go make some snacks and tea for you." Taeyon excused herself and walked into the kitchen. The second she walked away, Chanyeol jumped beside Sehun excitedly. "I think I got it!" Chanyeol teased. "Both you hooked up last night... didn't you?" He asked.  Sehun gave a grin and pushed Chanyeol away. "Mind your words."

"Don't pretend. No wonder she's acting like an owner of this place now." Chanyeol added. Sehun bit his bottom lips and turned to look at Baekhyun. 


"We are officially living together now."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Over the breakfast, they noticed Baekhyun left the table for too long. He went to pick up a phone but never came back. Sehun decided to leave the table to look for him. 

Walking out to the gate area, Sehun found Baekhyun standing at a side of the road, with a stick in his hands.

"What took you so long?" 

Baekhyun turned his head around to find Sehun joining him. Sehun looked with crooked brows. "Since when you picked up smoking?" He asked Baekhyun. Baekhyun just his lips and looked afar without answering Sehun's question. "I understand you have been under a lot of stress lately. But smoking is really not a thing for us. It will not solve your problems anyway." Sehun commented. Baekhyun just simply gave a weak smile.

"What?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Sehun raised his hands in front of him. "Give me a stick too." Sehun requested. Baekhyun hesitated before offering him one. "I thought you said smoking is not a thing for us?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun smiled as he lit up the cigarette. 

"Remember the first time we tried this together?" Sehun asked "I remember we were still at junior school. We were curious when we saw the adults did it. Then one day, I stole 2 sticks from my father. I still remember I pulled you to the backyard to try it secretly. You were hesitant but in the end, you lost it to curiosity." 

Baekhyun nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I remember. We then got caught by the gardener who reported us to your father. We got punished and we had to knee in front of the house for 3 hours." Sehun joins in the nod with a laugh. "It was so embarassing. Since then I swear I'd never touch this stuff again." Sehun said.

"Then why did you touch it now?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun lowered his head as he smiled. "Because you touched it." He said. "We are best pals and brothers. When you have problems, I can't leave you alone. If you wanna do this, we'll do this together." Sehun added. 

Baekhyun nodded in agreement and a short silence came in.


"Taeyeon.." Sehun broke the silence. "She is special, isn't she?" Sehun asked Baekhyun. The latter was taken aback by the sudden question. Sehun gave him a smile. "We first knew Taeyeon on the same day. There were many ups and downs along the way. Both of us spent a lot of time and stories with Taeyeon." Sehun paused alittle. "Hyung, I know you care a lot about Taeyeon too. Probably as much as I do." He added. "And sometimes, the amount of care you have for her exceeded what a normal friend would have..."

Those words raised Baekhyun's head in surprise. 


Sehun was not oblivious afterall. He knew it. He can sense things going on between Taeyeon and Baekhyun. At first, he refused to accept and acted strongly to it. But since a lot of things have happened, Sehun knew the only person who is closest to him and whom he can trust is Baekhyun. He chose to believe Baekhyun. He trusted Baekhyun wouldn't do anything to betray him. So Sehun decided to ignore Baekhyun's feelings for Taeyeon. As long as Taeyeon chose to be by his side, Sehun is contented.

"Sehun..." Baekhyun brows furrowed, realizing Sehun knew about his feelings for Taeyeon all this while. "Nah, it's fine. I already thought it through." Sehun cuts him. "Taeyeon is my love. I'll not give up on her for any reason. Not even for you." Sehun said firmly. "Rest assured. I promise I will be good to her. I swear I'll not do anything to hurt her. And if I did, you are free to punish me in any ways." Sehun assured Baekhyun by giving him a nudge.

"I'm not good at hiding my feelings afterall. Mianhae..." Baekhyun looked up at Sehun as he apologized for failing to contain his feelings for Taeyeon. "Be good to her. Or else, I will break you apart. Even if you are my best friend. I swear." Baekhyun nudged Sehun back. Sehun then raised his arms and asked for a pact. Baekhyun returned it, and both of them breaks into a long-lost laughter.


"But hyung... Can you do something for me in return?" Sehun asked. "Hmm?" Baekhyun looked back at Sehun. "Treat Krystal well." Sehun said. The smile on Baekhyun's face diminished alittle. "I know you were pressured by Uncle Byun into this marriage. He used his health to press you into committing to this marriage.." Sehun paused. "But Krystal is my sister. I want her to be happy too. If you decided to take her hands down the aisle, then be good to her."


"Promise me you'll do that."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 30 ends.

Stay tuned. <3<3