Chapter 39

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 39 - 


"I'm 2-months pregnant."

"I'm now carrying Byun's heir in me."

"And if I were you, I will leave this place for good. And never ever come back.."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
(Just seconds after Taeyeon left)


"Pregnant??"

Krystal turned around and found Chanyeol standing there. "You are pregnant..?" Chanyeol asked with crooked brows. Krystal avoided his stare. "Does Baekhyun know about it?" Chanyeol asked but Krystal did not answer. "Why are you looking away? Does Sehun and your family knows??"

Krystal turned to Chanyeol. "I don't have to answer anything from you. You are just an outsider. So stay out of this!" she warned. Chanyeol furrowed his brows and removed his apron. As he prepared to walk out from Monte, Krystal held onto him. "Oppa, where are you going?" she asked. Chanyeol turned around. "To do something that I should have done in the first place." 

"You are not going after that , are you?" Krystal raised her voice. 

Chanyeol gently removed her hands. "Krystal, grow up please."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Taeyeon!"

Hearing someone calling from behind, Taeyeon slows down her pace. She recognizes that deep voice. Taeyeon stopped and turned around. And Chanyeol finally catches up with her. "Taeyeon-sshi, still remember me??" He asked. Of course Taeyeon still remember him. Chanyeol is one of the trio she used to hang out with, and she remember him for his greatest smile and laughter.

"I saw everything.." Chanyeol said. "Everything that happened at Monte just now. I apologized on behalf of Krystal. She is just..." Taeyeon quickly cuts him. "No, it's fine." Taeyeon said. "She was just doing what she needs to do." she said. Chanyeol shook his head. "No matter what, she shouldn't be that harsh on you. Besides, whatever happened is in the past..."

A short silence cuts in.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be bringing up the past." Chanyeol apologized. Taeyeon puts on a small smile. "It's fine. Since I decided to come back, I'm prepared to face the past. What Krystal did was understandable. I hurt her love ones. I hurt her too. She has every rights to hate me. If that makes her feels any better.." 

Chanyeol's brows knitted. 

Hesitating whether he should say it. "Sorry Taeyeon-sshi." He finally said it. Taeyeon lifted her eyes. "Sorry?" she asked. "There is one thing I need to let you know." Chanyeol said as he his lips. "Sehun.. he never stop looking for you all these while. Despite of what happened, he never blame it on you." Chanyeol paused. "Actually I saw you the other day, but I didn't reveal it to Sehun. I was reluctant because I was afraid your return will affect his life again. But I guess I was wrong. I shouldn't decide for him. I should let him decide on his own.."

"No." Taeyeon interrupted. "Chanyeol, please don't let Sehun know about my return." she said. Chanyeol looked at her with widened eyes. "Krystal is right. I don't want my presence to remind anyone of the unhappy things that happened in the past." she said. "But.." Chanyeol muttered. "Promise me, Chanyeol. Take it that you never met me today. Please."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chanyeol returned to Monte. He's still pondering what he promised Taeyeon. To his surprise, Krystal was still in the cafe. She was looking displeased and she stared hard at Chanyeol as he entered the cafe.


"I can't believe you." Krystal said with folded arms. "Why did all of you choose to stand on her side? Even after what she has done. Oppa, Baekhyun and now you!!" she clenched her teeth. Chanyeol stood forward. "Why did you have to think it that way? We are not taking sides. You should know how your brother and everyone dotes on you since young. You have everything you want ever since you were born. But how about Taeyeon? She didn't grow up like anyone of us. Can't you be more empathic? It's fine that you never like her. I understand that what she did is hard for you to forgive. But Krystal, what you did to her just now, it's really too much."


Noise of a closing door interrupted the two.

Chanyeol and Krystal looked over to the entrance. Chanyeol widened his eyes to find Sehun standing there. Sehun's brows were knitted. He walked straight up to both of them. Looking up at the taller guy. "What did you just said?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol hesitated and Sehun held onto his arm. "Did you say Taeyeon?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol looked away avoiding Sehun's gaze. 

"Oppa, what's wrong with you?" Krystal walked over and released Sehun's grip on Chanyeol. "We were just talking about Taeyeon (calm), not that Taeyeon." "You shut up!" Sehun cuts Krystal. "What are you two hiding from me?" Sehun turned to Krystal and raised his voice. "What did you do to Taeyeon?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sehun ran out from Cafe Monte. 

It has been 5 years. Sehun never gave up. Knowing she could be just around this place, Sehun kept looking on the busy streets. But it was tough. There were hundreds and hundreds of people on the streets. How is he going to find Taeyeon? Loosening his necktie, Sehun ran his fingers through his hair trying hard to figure out.
 

- Flashback - 


"Tell me honestly." 

"What are you hiding from me?"

Chanyeol held back Sehun when the latter raised his voice at his sister. "Cool down bro, you'll upset the baby if you shout at her like this." Sehun looked up at Chanyeol. "What baby?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol  turned his head to Krystal. Sehun turned to Krystal as well. "What baby??" Sehun stepped closer. "You are pregnant??" he asked. Everyone just paused quietly. 

Chanyeol took a glance at Krystal who shook her head at him to signal him not to reveal. But Chanyeol couldn't hide any longer. Chanyeol finally opened his mouth. "Deh..Taeyeon is back." he said. Sehun walked up and held onto Chanyeol. "Then where is she now??" he asked anxiously. Chanyeol shook his head. "I just talked to her about half an hour ago. She could be still around.." 

Without waiting for Chanyeol to finish his words, Sehun turned around and ran his way out from Monte.


-Flashback ends -


Looking around the busy streets, Sehun is at lost. He took out his cellphone. When he was about to dial Baekhyun's number, he hesitated.


"Cool down bro, you'll upset the baby if you shout at her like this."

"You are pregnant...?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~