Chapter 12

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 12 - 


"Come Taeyeon, sit here!"

Sehun walked her to the dining area. Taeyeon looked at the spread on the table. She wondered if this is the usual dinner they are having every day. Jiyong oppa and her never had such a feast at home.

"Why are you standing? Sit down and eat. You must be hungry." Sehun made Taeyeon sit down as he starts adding food into her rice bowl. Taeyeon picked up her chopsticks and start eating. The food was really good. Even though they were reheated, they still taste so good. It reminded her of G-Dragon. Has he took his dinner? Is he still mad at her? Taeyeon switched off her cellphone since she left Mid-Town. Could he be looking for her in the cold now?? But no matter what, she is not going to talk to Jiyong until both of them cooled down.

"So, what do you intend to do next?" Chanyeol asked while munching his food.

"If you want, we can send you back home later. " Baekhyun added. Taeyeon looks up and put her bowl down, "I don't intend to go home tonight." The three boys stopped eating and looked at her.

"Then where do you intend to go?" Sehun asked. "I can stay at a motel.." Taeyeon simply replied.

"Motel??" Sehun and Baekhyun exclaimed at the same time. "Erm, I do know there is a motel nearby. Just 15 mins drive from here. But do you really want to spend a night there?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun put down his chopsticks, "No, I think you should go home. If you stay out alone, your brother will get worried." 

"Baekhyun is right. I think it's better for you to go home. Besides, it's late already. Your brother probably asleep when you reached home. If there's anything, you two can talk tomorrow. I believe everything will be fine. You are siblings afterall." Sehun added with a smile.

"You guys don't understand." Taeyeon turned to Chanyeol. "The motel you were mentioning. Can you bring me there later?" she requested. Chanyeol hesitated and browsed at his two friends.

"Against the idea! All kinds of people gets in and out of that place. It's unsafe for a girl to stay in a motel." Baekhyun insisted. Taeyeon looked at him, "Seems like you forgot where I'm from. I know how to take care of myself better than you....." "If that's really the case, you wouldn't have called us for help." Baekhyun cuts her words. 

And Taeyeon went silence. 

Sehun noticed the awkwardness in the atmosphere. "Erm, I agreed with Baekhyun. It's not safe for you to stay in a motel. I believe we can think of a better idea. Let's think of something as we eat." Sehun suggested.

The four then continued with their food until a sudden idea flashed across Taeyeon's mind.


"How about here??"

The three boys almost choked on their rice. "Here?? Sehun's apartment?" Chanyeol said with his eyes widened. Taeyeon turned to Sehun who is sitting next to her. "You have rooms here, right?" she asked. Hearing that, Sehun could hardly say no to her pleading eyes.

"No!" Baekhyun cuts in. "Of course this is not a good idea." 

"Why??" Taeyeon asked. Sehun lifted his head and asked the same, "Yeah, why?" 

Baekhyun noticed three pairs of eyes waiting for his answer. "I mean it's definitely not nice for a girl to stay in a man's apartment. People will get the wrong idea." he said. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, and shifts her attention to Sehun next to her. "This is Sehun's apartment. Let him decide." 

"S..ure, I mean why not. I have rooms.... and my apartment is certainly safer than motels." 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

"Here, you can take Krystal's clothes." Sehun walked down from second floor and gave a set of sleepwear to Taeyeon. "Thanks, I'll like to take a shower if you don't mind." Taeyeon asked. "Sure, you can use the bathroom upstairs. Just make yourself at home."

Sehun eyed Taeyeon as she walked up the stairs.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are stlll around, playing games in the living room. Chanyeol hits Baekhyun's elbow and gestures him to look over to Sehun and Taeyeon at the other side of the hall. "I bet something is on tonight." Chanyeol chuckled. 

"Watch your eyes buddy!" Chanyeol walked over and knocked on Sehun's head. "I know what is in your dirty mind!". "Shhhhh!" Sehun shut Chanyeol's mouth with his hand. "Are you crazy? She can hear it!" 

Baekhyun pulled Sehun aside, "You are not thinking of.... are you?" 

"Baek hyung, not you too. She stayed here because she trusted me. I won't taint that trust." Sehun said as he sat down onto the couch. Chanyeol dropped himself next to him. "You are not kidding me right? Alone with a hot girl and you intend to keep your pants on?" 

Baekhyun threw a magazine right at Chanyeol. "You creeped, Chanyeol." 

"Alright, it's almost 12am. You guys should get going. We have a morning class tomorrow." Sehun said. "Oh well, looks like we are getting in the way. We should leave." Chanyeol held his laugh. Sehun kicked his and Chanyeol ran away picking up his bag. Baekhyun gave Sehun a last look before he leaves. "Don't look at me like this. See ya tomorrow!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Taeyeon came out from the shower.

She walked past a room with door half-opened and saw Sehun in it. "Can I come in?" Taeyeon knocked. Sehun turned around and saw Taeyeon in Krystal's sleep wear. A smile flashed across his face. "You look cute in Krystal's clothes. It fits you well." Taeyeon looked down at her pants, "Except it's much longer. Your sister has long legs."

"LOL she does. Come here, let me show you to your room." Sehun walked Taeyeon to the room next to his. "This is usually where Krystal sleeps when she comes over." Taeyeon looks in. Everything is neat and exquisite. It certainly looks like a girl's room. Taeyeon has always wanted a room like this since young. But that has always been a faraway dream to her. She never expect that she can have a room like this even for one night.

"Taeyeon?" Sehun saw her staring into the room blankly. "Get some sleep. Don't worry about anything. Tomorrow will be a better day." Sehun gave her one last smile before he left the room.

"Wait~"

"What is it?" Sehun turned around and asked. "Sorry but I can't sleep. Do you mind if we chat awhile in your room?" Though Sehun was little surprised with the request, he obliged. "Erm sure, come in." Sehun gestured Taeyeon into his room and asked her to find a spot to sit down. She chose the floor next to his bed. Sehun sat down beside her.

"Aren't you afraid?"
"Afraid of what?"
"Don't you know it's dangerous to stay alone with a guy in a room? I am a full-grown man, you know?"
"Since I decided to stay in your apartment. I know I can trust you."

"Sure, you can trust me. So what do you want to chat about?"
"Hmmm your family"
"My family?? That will propably bored you to death."
"It's okay. I need to get myself sleepy anyway. I saw the family photo along the aisle. That's your parents?"

Sehun nodded and started telling stories about his family. Of how he and Krystal grew up together. The kind of business his family does. How he idolize his father as a successful businessman even though he has no interest in doing business. Complains about how strict his family is on him and how he fought to have his own apartment. He shared a little about himself too. His brotherhood with Baekhyun and his friendship with Chanyeol. Sehun also shared his interest in drawing. He can draw really well judging from the masterpieces he shown Taeyeon. He was forced to study business management. His first choice was to do arts.

Everything about Oh Sehun and his family seems so normal. They sounded just like any other upper level families in Seoul. Rich, successful, well-educated, organized life. Nothing seems wrong. Why is it Jiyong oppa has so much against the Oh family? The man sitting next to her now, he doesn't seem to be bad at all. At least she doesn't feel intimidated at any degree as they spend time alone in his room. Of course, Taeyeon knew it's unsafe to be alone with a man. But she's taking the chance. She needs to find out as much as she can about him and his family.

"... ..... that's so much about me. How about you? Tae..."

Sehun looked over to Taeyeon and found her eyes closed. He watched her as she sleeps beside him with her head lying against the bed frame. He sighed at how pretty she is, even with her bare face and ungroomed hair.

As Sehun admired her perfect sleeping face, Taeyeon's head dropped slowly onto his shoulders...
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~