Chapter 23

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

- EPISODE 23 - 


Taeyeon stroll her way back to the cafe, thinking of what Baekhyun said. "It was Krystal. I knew it. She must have followed Baekhyun to the orphanage and took the pictures...." she thought. Taeyeon knew she should never let her guard down, since she's not the only person who has a hidden agenda now.
 

A sudden grip landed on her wrist.

"Oppa!" 

It was G-Dragon holding onto her hands. "What are you doing here?" she asked. GD pulled her to a corner near the cafe. "Where were you these few days?" he asked. Taeyeon gently release his hands, "I told you I have to stay with Sehun. He's sick so.." She tried to explain but was cut off by GD. "This is ridiculous!" he punched against the wall.

"Everything is just an act. Why are you showering so much concern for that bastard's son?" GD questioned.  "Yes. But Sehun is really sick and there is no one to take care of him at home. That's all I can do as a.... person or whatever." Taeyeon explained. GD stared angrily at her. "What is wrong with you?" he asked. "Since when you became so caring and attentive to other people? You have changed. Did you even realised that?"

Taeyeon frowned. "Have some faith with me. I know what I'm doing." she said. GD shook his head. "I doubt so. You are not continuing with this." GD grabbed her hands again to take her with him, but Taeyeon shook it off. "I am close!" she said. "I'm close to what we want. They are getting me a position in Oh's Coporation now. Sehun is fighting hard for it." she explained. GD stopped and released his hands. "What? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked. Taeyeon looked down and she continues, "It wasn't firm yet. I didn't want to give you false hope. I don't want to see you getting disappointed."

GD softened his tone hearing that said. But it still bothers him seeing Taeyeon spending so much time with Sehun. "Look, his father is our enemy and that makes him our enemy too! Bear this in mind, got it?" 


- Flashback a little -

Baekhyun walked his way to pick up his car, recollecting what Taeyeon said to him. "Why did she lie?" he thought. "If there is nothing between us, why didn't she tell Sehun the truth? Unless.."  he immediately mental slapped himself and shoved off the thought. Like Taeyeon said, she probably just don't want Sehun to get the wrong idea.

And about those pictures. Baekhyun wasn't sure if it was Krystal who followed him and took the pictures. But he couldn't think of anyone else who could have done that and gain anything from it. Reorganizing his thoughts, everything seems to make sense now - That day, he left the restaurant to meet Taeyeon shortly after Krystal left. She could have caught him leaving and followed him to the orphanage. When she saw him with Taeyeon, she got the wrong idea and took pictures of them. Krystal then showed the pictures to Sehun. Then it came the dinner, Sehun's switch of verdict and then the engagement..

Baekhyun slipped his hands into his pocket for his car key. But it was empty. He recalled about the collision in the cafe earlier, he must have dropped it there. Baekhyun turned around and made his way back to Cafe Monte.

Re-entering the cafe, Baekhyun was expecting to see Taeyeon. He browsed through the place, but there was no sight of her. He got hold of another waitress and checked for his car key. "Oh, this pair of keys. We found it under the counter table. Here you are!" The waitress returned the keys to Baekhyun. "Erh wait, where's Taeyeon?" he asked. "I'm not sure. She went away for quite some time already." the waitress said. "Ok thanks." Baekhyun replied hesitantly before leaving the cafe scratching his head.


Exiting the cafe, something caught Baekhyun's attention. 

It was Taeyeon. But she wasn't alone. She is talking to a man. And it's obvious they are more than strangers, because that man is holding onto Taeyeon's hands. Baekhyun walked closer. The tattoos and the body piercings on him.. that man looks familiar. Baekhyun is certain he met him before. He traced back his memory until a name flashed across his mind!

"G.....Dragon?" 

Right, that's him. Chanyeol talked about this man and his unique name left a deep impression in Baekhyun. He recalled the episode when this man appeared in Cafe Monte who scared almost everyone out of the Cafe, including Chanyeol his friend. He also recalled that day when he left his number with Taeyeon, thinking that this man could be a danger. But most importantly, Taeyeon said she doesn't know this man at all. "She lied." Baekhyun thought. So he was right about Taeyeon knowing the man. It wasn't him thinking too much after all.

"This is getting weird. Why did she lie again and again?"


- End of flashback - 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


- Baekhyun's Home -


Still pondering about what he saw earlier outside Cafe Monte, Baekhyun walked into the living room without looking up. Not noticing his father is around, he walked passed him. "Baekhyuna, come here. We need to have a talk." 

Startled by his father's presence, Baekhyun turned around. "Appa, aren't you suppose to be in office?" His father stood up and walked towards his son. "I'm not feeling well. So I came home earlier to rest." Baekhyun nodded knowing his father's health has been deteriorating over the years, especially his weak heart. "How are you feeling? Do you want me to send you to Dr Jung?" Baekhyun asked. His father shook his head and smiled. "It's okay. I took medication. Come here, both of us need to have a good talk." His father leaded him to the couch and sat down.

"Uncle Oh told me about it." Baekhyun's father flashed a smile. "How come you didn't say a word to me about your engagement with Krystal?" his smile widened. Baekhyun frowned and looked down. He has always wanted to find a good chance to talk to his father about Krystal and him, but that somehow didn't realise. Perphaps this is the time to do it.

"Uncle Oh and I have decided to hold your engagement before end of Spring. We haven't fix a date yet but Spring will be a good time." His father starts to share the plans and decisions. Baekhyun sit up and interrupts, "Appa, the engagement will not happen."
 

Stunned by Baekhyun's respond, his father's eyes widened. "What do you mean will not happen?" he asked. Baekhyun cleared his throat before he continues. "Whatever I'm going to say now, promise me you'll stay calm and try to understand from my point of view." He pre-warned. "I know you made a pact with Uncle Oh regarding Krystal and me. But things doesn't work out between us. I tried, but I just couldn't bring myself to love Krystal. For so long, I only look at her and treat her as a dongsaeng. Appa, there is not going to be any engagement or marriage between me and Krystal."

Those words brought in complete silence.

His father stood up and backfaced Baekhyun. "Have you forgotten what you promised your mother?" he said. "Her last wish is to have you marrying Krystal and sustain the business empire with her and Sehun." he added. Baekhyun stood up. "No I never forget what Umma said on her deathbed. But.."

"Your mother will not RIP knowing her son is defying her last wishes. How can you do this to her? And how are you going to tell Uncle Oh that you are not moving on with his daughter. No, no way! Things are not going to happen this way." His father coughed hard as he cuts in. "What's not good about Krystal? She's pretty, smart, well-educated and she grew up with you. You should be counting yourself lucky to have her as your future wife." 

Baekhyun looked away. "Appa, please don't force me into something that will ruin my happiness and Krystal's. It was nothing but just a SILLY pact you made during your generation. It's unfair to us!" Baekhyun tried to keep himself calm, but failed. "Unfair? You are talking about fairness now. Do you know how many men would love to be in your position? To marry the daughter of the most influential man in Seoul! To take over one of the most powerful business empire in Seoul!"

Baekhyun returned a cold laugh. "So it boils down to power huh. You wanted me to marry Krystal just to ensure yourself a portion of the huge empire pie, isn't it? Everything is just part of your business whatever strategy. Just admit it!" Baekhyun raised his voice at his father for the very first time. It was also the first time he pulled off the mask his father has been wearing in front of him. 

"No matter you agree or not, there is NOT going to be any engagement!!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


- Sehun's Apartment -


"You feeling better today?" Taeyeon asked as she feels Sehun's forehead with her elbow. "Great, your fever is down." she smiled. Sehun nodded and sit up from his lying position on the bed, "I'm sorry to trouble you." Sehun said. "You sure there is no problem for you not going home these few days? I mean your brother is fine with it?"

Taeyeon gave a slight nod. "Don't worry about him. He'll understand." she replied. Sehun smirked. "Seriously, I would like to meet your brother one day. I'm sure he is a cool guy." he said, but Taeyeon just simply smile at the comment.


"This is for you." She hands the report to Sehun. Sehun took it and flipped open. "How come this is with you?" he asked. "Baekhyun passed it to me." she said. Hearing the name, Sehun's smile faded a little. "You met Baekhyun?" 

Taeyeon noticed the change on Sehun's face. "Yes. He came to look for me in the cafe today. To pass me this. He said this is urgent." she replied. Sehun nodded as he listens, but his face still show displeased. "And he also told me he tried texting you. But you didn't reply his text." she added. Sehun closed the report and placed it aside. 

"Why didn't you reply him? Still not over with what happened yet?" Taeyeon asked. Sehun stayed quiet for a moment. "Come here." he then softly asked Taeyeon to sit closer to him by the bed. Taeyeon obliged and moved closer. "Give me some time. I will get over it." Sehun said as he rest his arms over her shoulder. Taeyeon nodded while trying to withdraw herself from Sehun's skinship.


"Wait, don't go yet. I have a good piece of news for you." Sehun kept her under his arms. "Good news?" Taeyeon stayed put. "My father called me this morning. He said you can start work next week." Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Start work?" she asked. Sehun nods, "In Oh's corporation. But it's just a small post as an adminstrative assistant in the marketing department.."

"No, that's perfectly fine!" Taeyeon responded excitedly. Sehun widened his smile seeing the happy Taeyeon. 

"So how are you going to thank me?" Sehun pouted naughtily. "Thank you?" Taeyeon tilted her head slightly to the right. "I have been taking care of you for the past few days. Isn't that enough?" she said. "That's two different matters. I made sacrifice in exchange for your job you know? From next week onwards, I have to report to Oh's after school everyday. There goes my freedom.." 


Taeyeon looked at Sehun. She recalled Sehun told her he's totally uninterested in doing business, and he never wanted to step into Oh's corporation even his father has been persuading him for the past two years. But now, just because he wanted her to have an "easier" and better job in Oh's, he is willing to do it even though he detested it. Sehun is right, he will lost all his freedom which he has been fighting for.


"Komawoyo" Taeyeon said. Sehun smiled at her. "I'm kidding. You don't have to thank me for anything." Taeyeon's eyes start burning, it seems tears may fall down anytime. She put her arms around Sehun and hug him tightly. "Tell me what I can do to thank you." she said. Sehun gently released her. He looked into her teary eyes. "Pabo, why are you crying?" he wiped the tears on her face with a small laugh. Taeyeon sniffed in her tears. "I'm sorry I... just tell me what I can do to treat you better."

Sehun looked into her pleading eyes. An inch by an inch, he leaned closer and kissed on her soft lips. Taeyeon closed her eyes and returned the kiss. What happened 3 days ago flashed across her mind.


- Flashback - 

"Sehun..." Taeyeon held onto his hand to stop him from ing her blouse. "I think I gotta go." she said. Sehun stopped, removed his hands and lifted his body away from hers. Both of them sit up on the couch. "I'm sorry." Sehun looked at her and apologized. "It's okay, I understand." Taeyeon looked down avoiding his gaze. "It's late. Let's go." Taeyeon stood up grabbing her coat, preparing to leave.

But Sehun held onto her wrist and stopped her. "Don't go back. Stay here with me tonight." 

Taeyeon looked back and found Sehun looking down with his head resting on the other hand. "Sehun." she called. Sehun looked up. His face turned pale and his cheek was red. Taeyeon step forward and feel his forehead. "Sehun, your head is burning..."

- End of Flashback -


Taeyeon knew what Sehun wanted that night. She rejected him. But she is confuse now. Sehun has been a caring, attentive and nice person to her. And when she took care of him during the time he was sick, he's just a helpless little boy. There is nothing she can relate him to his evil father.
 
Their kiss continue and progress itself just like the way it happened 3 days ago. Sehun leaded Taeyeon down on the bed. His lips is moving onto her neck now. Taeyeon felt heat running down her body. She knew she has to stop Sehun before they get further, but Taeyeon hesitated. She felt guilty for using him, and she felt bad for everything Sehun has done for her. There is nothing she can do for Sehun other than this..
 
Sehun's hands reached for her button. He tactfully removed the first button revealing a small part of Taeyeon's cleavage. His fingers then moved down for the second button. Sehun looked as he removed the second button, which revealed the entire cup of the brassiere. Seeing the inner of Taeyeon, he could no longer contain himself. Sehun took a quick glance at Taeyeon whose eyes are closed tightly letting her tense body under his full control. Sehun then proceed to remove the rest of the buttons. The pair of hands are stopped by Taeyeon when he tried to remove the blouse off her. Struggling between saint, lust and guilt, Taeyeon eventually obliged and allowed access. Now with just a bra seperating her full bareness and Sehun's body, Taeyeon gradually loosen her grip onto the bed and decided to let Sehun do whatever he wants on her.
 
Meanwhile, a critical phone call interrupts the couple..
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A slightly longer update to thank all your support!! <3
 
What will happen next? 
Is it going to Seyeon or Baekyeon? *IDK.. seriously* 
What will happen to Gtae?
 
Well, stay tuned. 
 
Let's try to get 100 subscribers, and vote if you like this. (i don't know how this voting work though lol).
And don't forget to leave a comment. Thx.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
- Quick Preview on next episode -
 
Sehun ignored the phone call, but it rang for more than one time. 

"It might be an urgent call." Taeyeon said. Sehun reluctantly stopped his acts and reached for his cellphone.  "Yeboseyo...."  

Sehun hung up with a worrying face. Taeyeon noticed and sit up, "Something happened?" 

"Baekhyun's father is admitted to hospital. He might not make it..."