Chapter 25

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 25 - 


Something in his mind reminded him what he intend to do is wrong. He can't betray Sehun, his best friend. The CCU door slid opened. Baekhyun saw Dr Jung walking out from it. He instantly dropped the thoughts and walked up anxiously to Dr Jung. Meanwhile, Taeyeon opened her eyes....


"How's my father doing?" Baekhyun asked. "His condition is stable. We intend to move him to a normal ward if everything goes well." Dr Jung said. Hearing that, Baekhyun finally let down his burden. Flashing a smile of relief, Baekhyun turned around wanting to share the good news withTaeyeon, but she was gone... 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Walking out from the hospital, Taeyeon turned back and looked blankly at the building. She wasn't sure why she chose to leave without saying goodbye. Thinking back, she was faking sleep when she felt Baekhyun's face moving close to hers. Her eyes were shut, but she can clearly feel his breath. Holding on to the thoughts, Taeyeon turn around and move on her way.

Slipping her hands into the side pocket, Taeyeon felt her cell phone. That reminded her of Sehun. She didn't call nor text him since they parted ways last night. Pulling the phone out, she saw unread text messages. Running her fingers through the contact list, Taeyeon decided to dial Sehun's number.


"Yebosoyo" 

"Taeyeon, where are you? I tried contacting you since last night. Did you get my texts??" 

Taeyeon paused a little before she replied. "Sorry I was too tired so I missed your texts." Looking down at her own feet, she heard a cheeky laugh coming from the phone. "Ah I guessed that! That's why I didn't call. I didn't want to disturb your sleep." Taeyeon's brows knitted. She promised herself not to hurt this boy further, but there she lied to him again.

"Taeyeon?" Sehun heard silence on the other end of the phone. "So are you coming with us to the hospital later?" Sehun asked. "Erh no, I can't. I still have to return to Monte today." she rejected. "Monte? You haven't quit that job? Don't forget you are reporting to Oh's Corp next Monday."


"Neh, I know that. Don't worry, I know what to do."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Mid-Town -


Taeyeon entered the doorstep. Her head lying low as she ponders about what happened earlier. "You stayed at his place again?" Taeyeon lifted her head and saw G-D walking past her with a bottle of water. He is perspiring profusely. Taeyeon knew what she saw. That's how Jiyong oppa relieves his stress. 200 push-ups, 200 sit-ups, weights, practising his kicks and punches. She looked to where he is, "I was at the hospital the entire night."

"Hospital? What happened?" G-D stopped and walked towards her. "Are you sick?" he asked as he placed his hand over her forehead. "No, it's not me." Taeyeon shook her head and sat down on the couch. "The old Byun was hospitalized." she said. "He had a heart attack and nearly didn't make it."


"Oh. So he's not dead yet huh?" G-D said indifferently as he drank from his bottle. Taeyeon looked up. "Oppa, do you have to put it that way?" G-D crooked his brow. "Then how should I put it? Should I ask how well he is recovering? Is he is fine?" he replied with a cold laugh. Taeyeon sighed and stood up returning to her room. But G-D stopped her. "Bear in mind. That man lying in the hospital now, he is the partner-in-crime with the Oh's. That's what we call retribution. He deserved it."


Taeyeon closed her eyes and turned over to face G-Dragon. "Oppa.." G-D stayed quiet allowing Taeyeon to speak. "What if... I mean if, some of them are not as bad as we think. Or rather, they are just innocent people who knows nothing about what happened 18 years ago." Taeyeon walked closer before she continues, "I promise I'll bring you the evidences and let law punish the wrongdoers. But for the rest of them......."  

"Spare them?" G-D let out another cold laugh. "Are you out of your mind?" G-D slammed his bottle of water onto the floor, turning his head to Taeyeon. "Did they ever think of sparing me when they put me to stray on the streets? Did they ever think of sparing my mother and give her a chance so she wouldn't kill herself? Did they ever think of sparing my father when he pleaded for freed?" Taeyeon brows furrowed. She knew she's making a hopeless request. She understands Jiyong-oppa's hatred for both Oh's and Byun's family. And she knows that hate will not get lessen by even a bit no matter what she says.

"Tell me honestly." G-D's eyes staring at Taeyeon. "You didn't cross the line and really fall in love with that guy, did you?" he asked. Taeyeon looked down and stayed silence. "Why are you keeping quiet?" G-D walked closer to her, waiting for an answer.


"It's not like this. Sehun is a nice person. He doesn't know what his father did." Taeyeon was quickly interrupted by G-Dragon whose fist clenched tightly as she speaked. He raised it high and was about to bang onto the glass table. "Don't!!" Taeyeon stopped him with both her hands. "Don't hurt yourself, please Oppa!" she yelled. Panting hard with anger, G-D perspiration drips down onto the ground. There was nothing but silence. Taeyeon could see his eyes burning with disappointment, anguish and pain.


"Forget about what I said. Just wait for my good news."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Monte -


"Hey..."

Taeyeon felt a grab on her waist as she exits from Cafe Monte. She turned around and found Sehun wrapping his arms around her. "Miss me?" Sehun asked as he leaves a quick peck on her lips. Taeyeon blinked at the quick kiss. "What's wrong with you? You look tired." Sehun asked as he released her waist and grabbed her hands. Taeyeon return a small smile. "I didn't sleep well last night so...."

"Didn't sleep well? I thought you said you were too tired that you missed all my texts." 

Taeyeon looked away realising she had failed to keep her lies well. "Erm yeah, but I still didn't sleep well." she added. Sehun nods his head and asks, "So have you talk to the manager about leaving the job?" Taeyeon nods, "Yeah, I just speak to him and he gave me this cheque for my last salary." Sehun heard and widened his smile. "Then you should treat me something nice. I'm hungry, let's go for dinner." Sehun grabbed her hands and leaded her to walk on.


"So how's Baekhyun father?" Taeyeon asked as the couple waited for food to be served. "Dr Jung said he is stable enough to move to a normal ward, which is good news." Sehun replied with a smile. "So how's Baekhyun?" she added. Sehun looked up and hesitated before he continues, "I think he feels better now. We managed to persuade him to go home and rest." Taeyeon nods as she listens. "That's good." she said as she took a sip of Soju.

"Taeyeon, I'm sorry." 

"Why are you saying sorry?" Taeyeon asked. "I thought it through. It's my fault to over-react over you and Baekhyun. Nothing could be happening between both of you, right? Since you are dating me now. I should have trusted you and Baekhyun. I have been a little too petty huh?" Sehun said with a little laugh at himself. Hearing that from Sehun, Taeyeon heart cringed.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong all..... so sorry for not updating for soooo long.

I was held up with some personal matters for quite awhile.

I'm back!! And though updates will not be regular, I will try my best.

Here's a short Chapter 25 for you.... <3