Chapter 11

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}


- EPISODE 11 - 


- Flashback -

Taeyeon drying her tears in the abandoned playground. It was getting dark and temnperature is dropping. Taeyeon didn't have a coat with her. To keep herself warm, she slided both her hands into her pockets. There, her right hand felt something... it was the note that Baekhyun gave to her.

Taeyeon opened it.

010-2797-5588
If you need help.

-Baekhyun

- Flashback Ends -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeboseyo.."

Baekhyun picked up his cellphone. But it was quiet on the other end of the phone.

"Who is this speaking?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Byun.. Baekhyun?" 

A soft voice answered. Baekhyun recognized that voice. "Taeyeon..? Is that you?" His words immediately got attention from Sehun and Chanyeol. Both of them stood up and jumped next to Baekhyun.

"Okay, you wait right there!" Baekhyun hung up and quickly grabbed his coat. "C'mon let's go!" he ordered his two friends. "Wait hyung! What's going on?" Sehun stopped Baekhyun. "I'll explain on our way there. Let's go!" Baekhyun hurried the boys and made their way down Mid-town.


Chanyeol was driving with Baekhyun sitting at the front seat. The car was quiet for the first 5 minutes. Chanyeol peeped at Sehun from the rearview mirror. The latter was unusually quiet, and Chanyeol couldn't hide his curiousity anymore. 

"So what's going on? What happened to Taeyeon?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun shrugs, "I'm not sure. I just know she needs help."

"Is she safe?" Sehun finally opened his mouth. 

"If she can still call, it means she's safe." Baekhyun answered. "But why did she call you? I mean how did she get your number?" Chanyeol asked. "I gave it to her." Baekhyun simply replied. Chanyeol looked at him with a smirk, "You gave her your number?? Pssf.. aren't you afraid someone get jealous over it?" 

Baekhyun sighed and turned to Sehun.

"Remember I told you about the feeling I have with Taeyeon and that Mid-town guy? There was something that tells me she might get into trouble. So when both of you left the cafe, I dropped her a note with my number. It was just an impromptu idea so..."

Sehun shook his head slightly, "You don't have to explain. I'm not in the mood to get jealous now. I'm just worried about Taeyeon. Like you said, she might be in trouble. Could something bad happen to her??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys stopped the car. It was dark and it makes it difficult to comb the area. But very soon, Sehun spotted the petite girl sitting on a swing in an abandoned playground. 

"Taeyeon!"

Sehun called and ran towards her. The other 2 boys heard him and ran their way to the same direction.

"Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" Sehun asked anxiously while examining the girl in front. Taeyeon nodded and gave a weak smile. "I'm fine. Sorry to bother you guys at his hour." she said. Sehun lifted a smile, "Don't be silly. It's okay. As long as you are fine." 

"What happened? Why are you here alone?" Baekhyun asked. Taeyeon shrugs slightly, "Nothing much actually.. I had a huge fight with my brother and I left home." she said. The three sighed with relief, knowing it wasn't something as bad as what they have thought. 

Looking at the shivering girl, Sehun took off his coat and placed it over Taeyeon. 

"It's cold here. Let's talk in the car." Baekhyun suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"So you left home after a quarrel. What do you intend to do now?" Sehun asked. 

Taeyeon shook her head.

"I don't know. I have no friends nor relatives. So I called the only number I have with me. Apparently, the help line your friend provided me came in handy." Taeyeon turned her eyes to Baekhyun.

"You just left home like this. Your brother must be worried. He could be looking around for you now.." Baekhyun said. Hearing that, Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh with her brows furrowed. "I care less about that. I just want to be away from him for now."

Sehun puts on a warm grin on his face. "I understand. I always have fight with my sister too. And each time we quarrelled, I wish she could just disappear right in front of me. I know that feeling..." he said. Taeyeon look up at Sehun and smile back, "Thanks. But let's not talk about it anymore. I'm starving. Do you know where we can get food?" 

The boys gave some thoughts and Sehun had a suggestion. 

"I still have food back at home. Why not come to my apartment to fill up our stomach first before we decide what to do next?" he suggested. That reminded the boys that their dinner was still left untouched at Sehun's apartment before they came over.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Sehun's apartment -

The boys brought Taeyeon into Sehun's apartment. She stood at the door and looked around. Taeyeon didn't had this planned. She never expected her fight with G-Dragon could actually end her up here in Oh Sehun's house. It's a good opportunity. She needs to find out more about the Oh's family.

"Taeyeon, why are you standing there? C'mon in!" Sehun called.

Taeyeon nodded and walked into the living room. The apartment was huge. It was well decorated and furnished with luxurious furnitures. Taeyeon looked around and found no traces of other family members.

"Erm, are your parents at home?" Taeyeon asked. Sehun shook his head, "I live here alone."

"Alone? How about your sister?" 

"She lives with my parents."

"So you don't live with your family??" 

Sehun smiled, "I wanted to be independent so I got this apartment for myself. This is also nearer to school and sometimes Baekhyun and Chanyeol sleeps over too." he said.

Chanyeol interrupted with a laugh,

"He lied. He just want to be away from his parents so he gets freedom!"  

As soon as Chanyeol says that, he received a hit from Sehun. The latter then added, "Sometimes my sister Krystal stays here too, if Baekhyun is here. You know, she likes to stick around with her boyfriend."

 "Wae, it wasn't like that.." 

Baekhyun tried to explain, but Sehun cuts him off. 

"Enough said, Baekhyun hyung. Well Taeyeon, give us 15 mins and I promise you a sumptuous meal!!"  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the boys entered the kitchen, Taeyeon stood up and walked around the apartment. The house was clean. Too clean for her to spot anything unusual. Looks like there must be some maid or cleaner who cleans up his house regularly.

She looked up the stairs to the second floor. Taeyeon turned her head to the kitchen and saw the 3 boys busying with the food. So she decided to walk up without asking for permission.

At second floor, there are 3 rooms. Too many for a person living alone. Taeyeon shook her head. This boy is living such a luxurious life. This house is just too overwhelmed for an university student. She walked along the aisle and spotted a family portrait hanging on the wall.

She recognised young Sehun and Krystal in the picture. And the two adults must be their parents. Taeyeon stared into the portrait and went into deep thoughts. This family must have something to do with Jiyong oppa. They are probably the ones who harmed oppa's family and brought him to current state.


"What are you doing here?"

A sudden voice from behind startled her. Taeyeon turned around to find Baekhyun on the other end of the aisle. "I was... looking for the washroom." she said. "But there is one downstairs." Baekhyun walked towards her. 

"Oh I didn't notice." Taeyeon lied.

The dim light along the aisle shines on Taeyeon's face. As Baekhyun walked closer, he noticed a bruise at the edge of her lips. Earlier at the playground, it was dark and the boys were so immersed with the ordeal that none of them noticed her bruise.

"You are hurt?" Baekhyun points to her lips.

Taeyeon turned her head away to hide it. "Nothing, I just hurt myself accidentally." she said. Baekhyun gave a doubted look. "Are you keeping things from us? It wasn‘t just a quarrel right?" he asked. Taeyeon bit her lips and stared at Baekhyun. "You always have alot of questions, don‘t you? Did anyone ever told you that's very annoying?"

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled. "Then did anyone ever told you that you are really weird? Being cold to us at one time, then the next minute you want to be friends with us." 

Though Baekhyun doesn't usually speak much, Taeyeon knew he is the most observant and sensitive among the three boys. There were many instances. He was the only person who noticed her cut forehead after they fought the Beasts. He also went all the way to Mid-Town just to check out on her recovery even though he knew Mid-Town is unsafe. He questioned about her job-seeking in Dongdaemun, and he even sensed something wrong in the cafe earlier on, that's why he offered his number. If there is anyone she needs to keep her guard on, it has to be Byun Baekhyun.

She took her steps and walked closer to Baekhyun.

Soon, they were standing face to face. Close enough to remind them of their kiss. Baekhyun swallowed a little when Taeyeon leans her body close to him. He tried to step back, but his feets were freezed.

"Are you.. crushing on me?" she whispered. 

Baekhyun flinched and finally got himself stepped back. 

"Wait, what are you talking abo...??" 

A huge laugh came along before Baekhyun can even finish his sentence. "Why so serious? I'm just kidding you.", Taeyeon laughed as she stepped away from Baekhyun. "But even if I think it that way, you can't blame me. It does seems like you are very interested in my business ever since we met."

"It wasn't like what you think." Baekhyun tried to explain but Taeyeon cuts him right away. "Just let me remind you. You have a girlfriend and you shouldn't be meddling with another girl's matter. I don't want your girlfriend come chasing after me over you. Got it, Baekhyun-shhi?"

As soon as she finished, Taeyeon walked away and made her way downstairs.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating sooner. Not feeling too good lately.

Yep, Baekyeon for now. Seyeon will be up next, so stay tuned. <3