At the airport

You are my everything

 

Another day has come. Minyoung slept on the side of the bed where her father was lying. She was holding her father’s hand when she felt a sudden budge from his fingers. It woke her up so she immediately looked up to her father.

 

“Appa?” she called.

 

Mr. Park slowly opened his eyes and saw his daughter. He gently touched his cheeks and smiled at her.

 

“Appa…” Minyoung started to cry again, seeing her father smiled. She quickly embraced him as she cried.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” She bawled out and his father just hugged her back.

 

Her eomma stepped inside the room and saw her husband daughter already reconciled. That also brought tears in her eyes.

 

***

 

In the resto- bar, Lu Han was talking to Lay, saying his good bye.

 

“Are you sure about this Lu Han?” he asked him for the third time around.

 

“I have already thought about a thousand times Lay. I’ve got to do this.” He simply said, carrying his backpack. “Maybe, if I became a successful singer, I would have something to be proud of and I would be able to tell her parents that I could also be the best for her.” He said, looking down on his feet.

 

“But you’re going to leave, can you really do that?”

 

There was a long pause before he responded, “Even though it hurts, this is for her.”           

 

“Well, if that’s really what you think is the best – I’ll support you no matter what.” Lay said, frowning a little. It saddened to know his friend is leaving.

 

“Thank you Lay. I owed you a lot and I’ll be forever in debt for all the things that you’ve done. I’ll keep in touch, so don’t worry.” He assured him.

 

After handing the resignation letter to Lay, Lu Han completely left the resto-bar.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

In the hospital, Minyoung was still holding her father’s hand.

 

“Please forgive me appa…” she pleaded.

 

“Do you really love him?” her appa asked all of a sudden. Minyoung pursed her lips and nodded.

 

“I love him so much appa. And for the first time, someone has returned the love I gave. I felt it because he let me feel his love. “ she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

Her appa wiped her tears , “I can’t stand seeing my princess cry, you know that right?”

 

But she continued to sob like a little girl. Mr. Park held her hands and leaned towards her. As he looked at her eyes, he said something that would change everything.

 

“If you really love him and if he really makes you happy – go and follow your heart.” He said with a smile on his face.

 

Minyoung’s face brightened up after hearing these words from her appa’s mouth. She embraced him again and thanked him. As she walked to the door, she saw her eomma standing by the door. She saw her apologetic eyes but still walked closer to her.

 

“I told him something yesterday. But if you really love him and if you’re really meant for each other, you two will be together. Just like what your father said, we’ll let you go now.” She said.

 

“Thank you eomma! I love you so much.” Minyoung also hugged her eomma before completely leaving the room.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

As she drove her way to the resto-bar, she tried to contact Lu Han. But for several attempts, she couldn’t reach Lu Han’s phone.

 

“Where are you Lu Han?” she uttered, worried.

 

When she reached the resto-bar, she rushed her way inside and looked for him. Unfortunately, she didn’t find him but she saw Lay so she immediately approached him.

 

“Lay!” she called.

 

“Oh, Minyoung!” he remembered her this time.

 

“Where’s Lu Han?” she quickly asked.

 

Lay swallowed hard with her question. He was unsure if he was going to tell her the truth or not. He knew Lu Han had made of a decision already but he also knew that he wasn’t happy when they parted earlier.

 

“He already left.” He said.

 

“Mwo? Why? Where did he go?” she started to panic.

 

“He decided to sign this contract for a recording label in China. He’s been saving money for it. But he did it because he felt that he has nothing to show your parents that he could also be the best for you.”

 

Minyoung furrowed her eyebrows as she started to get confused.

 

“Lu Han loves you so much so he did it for you. But I know that he’s not really happy with that decision. He left a couple of few minutes ago and his flight will be thirty minutes from now. You can still catch him at the airport.” He encouraged.

 

“Yeah. That’s right.” Minyoung nodded. After thanking Lay, Minyoung stormed out the resto-bar and drove her way to the airport.

 

“Go Minyoung! Fight for your love! You can do it!” Lay shouted awkwardly as he cheered her.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

The moment Minyoung arrived at the airport; she carefully scanned the crowd with the hope that she would easily find Lu Han. With mixed emotions, she ran towards helpdesk and asked a lady.

 

“Excuse me.  I need a ticket to Beijing.” She demanded.

 

“I’m sorry Miss but the last flight is fully booked and it will leave after three minutes.” She said. Minyoung’s eyes dilated when realized the short time she had. She quickly ran to the passengers’ way and looked around. Unluckily, she was blocked by two security guards and didn’t let her to get in.

 

“Please sir, please… I really need to get in. I need to stop someone.” She pleaded.

“I’m sorry Miss, but we’re following rules and regulations here.” One officer said as they blocked her way. When Minyoung saw all of the passengers were already inside, she gave up and just sat on a bench.

 

 

 

 

She cried helplessly as she felt that she already lost him.

 

“Why did you leave me Lu Han? I thought we’re going to face this together.” She continued to weep, covering her face.

 

Suddenly...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you crying?” she heard a familiar voice.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

I'm going to say anything else. Please enjoy the last chapter. :)