The Chinese ballaDEER

You are my everything

 

Author's note:

Do you like the chapter title? ICWUDT?! Haha!

This is a pretty long chapter... so enjoy! Haha! It will reveal the other characters and a little hint of the plot. Enjoy reading! <3

 

 ♥            ♥

 

 

“Lu Han!”

 

“Oh! Lee Sonsaengnim?”

Prof. Lee (Actor Kang Kyung Joon from "To the beautiful you")

 

“Good thing I saw you here! I just want to tell you that the presentation you did earlier was awesome. You deserve a tap on the back.” And Mr. Lee literally tapped his back.

 

“Kamsahamnida sonsaengnim!” and he politely bowed as his professor left.

Our lovely Lu Han

Lu Han, a very hardworking and intelligent student, just had another great business presentation earlier with one of his Marketing classes. Needless to say, his professors were really amazed by his strategies and styles – but mostly with his attitude and personality.

 

Since Lu Han left Beijing, he has been doing all of his best to keep his scholarship and to always stay on top – that’s his promise to his family way back home. Unlike any other students of Seoul National University, Lu Han didn’t come from a well-off family. His scholarship is already enough for his tuition fees to be waived, but living independently, Lu Han needs to work as a singer in a bar to support his everyday living.

 

“Congratulations Lu Han! It seems like Lee sonsaengnim is really fond of you, huh?” Suho, his classmate, said as he walked with him.

Our angelic Suho is also here

“It’s not true. I just really spend the entire night just to finish that project.”

 

“Being Mr. Humble again? Anyway, semester is almost over, do you have any plans?” Suho asked.

 

“Well, I have plans of focusing on my part-time job as singer right now. I need to save up for our final semester.”

 

“Work again? Don’t you know how to have fun?” Suho chimed.

 

“Suho, I’m not rich like you, I need to work harder to live here in Seoul. You know that I live on my own right now so I have to support myself.” He explained.

 

“I understand that, I’m just wondering if you have given yourself a break, even just once…”

 

The two continued to walk as they conversed when a loud shriek caught their attention.

 

“Lu Han! Suho! Wait for me!” the shrieking scream came from their friend, Yang yang, who was a Taiwanese and a gay.

Yang yang (Yang Hao Wei)

“Yang yang! Why are you running?” Lu Han asked his friend in Mandarin.

 

“Oppa, I told you to wait for me!” Yang yang is also a foreign student in SNU and like Lu Han, he speaks Mandarin. But his Korean is not as good as Lu Han so it is inevitable for him to have simple slip while using this language.

 

“Oppa? Maybe you meant “hyung”?” Suho wanted to clarify.

 

“Aniya! It’s oppa, I want to call him oppa.” Since Lu Han and Suho are close to Yang yang, his ual identity has never been a big deal.

 

 “Yang yang, call me hyung or gege. It’s okay, if you want to call me “oppa” just make sure it’s just among the three of us. Remember, what happened before?”

 

Yang yang got bullied by other male students before because he started calling them “oppa” and in the country where “people” like him are mostly discreet – he was misunderstood. He got beaten up to death but luckily, Lu Han and Suho were there to save him. Since then, they always look after their friend.

 

“Aigiso! I’ll just call you hyung but not you Suho because we’re just at the same age.” Then Suho just hissed.

 

 ♥            ♥

 

Lu Han came to the Octagon bar earlier rather unusual. Since he finished everything in school earlier than he expected, he decided to go to the bar and helped the other staff in preparing.

 

“Wow! Lu Han, you’re early.” Lay, one of the waiters and his closest friend, greeted him.

(Our y unicorn is here too)

 

 

“Yes. I finished early at school so I think I should go and help you guys.”

 

They started to arrange the table and chairs and he did a little rehearsal for his evening gig. The owner of the resto-bar saw him and commended him for coming early.

 

When they finished preparing everything, the resto-bar officially opened for their evening customers and Lu Han started to serenade their common girl visitors. These girls are like fans of his since they just come to see him perform.

 

No One Else Comes Close

As he sweetly sang the song, the girls couldn’t stop beaming because they thought of this song as a dedication for them. When Lu Han finished his first set of songs, he went down the stage to get a break.

 

"Wow! I think your fanbase is getting bigger and bigger." Lay commented as he went down the stage.

 

"Come on, those are already avid customers of this place even before I got here." Lu Han humbly said. But he knew that Lay was saying thr truth, he also noticed the number of girls who started to visit the said resto-bar. He knew that they really came to see him.

 

Suddenly, the owner of Octagon bar, Mrs. Choi approached him.

 

"Lu Han! That was an awesome set, I could see that the customer these customers really enjoyed it. Well, I think I should say -- your fans enjoyed it"

 

"Kamsahamnida!" he let out a chuckle as he thanked the manager.

 

"By the way, here's your salary for this month. After your last set, you can go ahead and go home. I know it's your last day in school so you also deserve a little break and rest." she added.

 

Lu Han's face brightened up when he felt the thoughtfulness in Mrs. Choi's tone. He bowed once again before she completely left them. Lu Han carefully opened the envelope and took a peek of his monthly salary.

 

"I told you! Even Manager Choi is your fan..." Lay said as he stood beside him.

 

"No, she’s all fond of us. Mrs. Choi is just really thoughtful."

 

"Aish, Lu Han. You are such a humble person." Lay just gave up on his friend's humility and just smiled at him.

 

 

 

 ♥            ♥

I Love You by 4MEN

Lu Han chose to sing a Korean song for his last set and he made sure to look at the audience's eyes to make them feel that the song was for them. The ladies couldn't help but blushed with how perfect Lu Han pronounced each words -- like he's a native speaker of Korean language.

 

"Kamsahamnida" he bowed as he finished the last song and the crowd clapped cheerfully as a response.

 

Lu Han was preparing to leave the bar when suddenly a man came to him.

 

"How may I help you sir?" he asked.

 

 ♥            ♥

In Park Mansion, Minyoung and her parents were having sumptuous dinner in the master's bedroom. Laughters filled the room as Minyoung shared her unforgettable experiences in Sasang-gu. Her parents looked so amazed and proud with what their daughter had achieved in the past year.

 

"Wow! Our daughter is truly daebak!" Her father exclaimed.

 

"We’re glad to know that you enjoyed teaching in that small city. But we missed you tremendously that we don't want you to go anymore." He eomma added.

 

"Eomma, appa, just for the two of you... I won't. I'll stay here until appa gets well." she smiled to assure them.

 

These words made her parents so happy and the continued to eat. Suddenly, Minyoung noticed the bothered look on her appa's face as he tried to signal something to her eomma.

 

"Appa, eomma, is there something you want to tell me?"

 

The couple was taken aback with her question and they started to argue of who was going to speak first.

 

"Appa, eomma, come on and tell me. Mwoyeyo?" she placed her spoon and fork as she positioned herself to listen.

 

Mr. Park cleared his throat first before he spoke first, "Well, my princess, you know that appa and eomma love you so much, right?"

 

Minyoung just nodded to let them continue.

 

"And we know that you love us too..." her mom said.

 

"Yes? Wait, can you just tell me where this is going to?" she already lost her patience because of too much curiosity.

 

"Alright, well, we're just wondering. You're already on the right age to date, have you thought of considering one?" her appa started.

 

She deeply pondered on what her father said. *Appa's right, I haven't dated anyone before*

 

"But Appa, it will just come along right?"

 

"But dear, it's about time. That's why your Appa decided to set you up on a date --"

 

"Wait, what?! Date? Eomma, Appa!" she pouted with displeased.

 

"I know, I know. You don't like "fixed marriage". But this isn't a "fixed marriage", we're just setting you up on a date so you can meet some guys."

 

"Appa, it's still the same. Eventually, it will lead to that." she scoffed.

 

"Dear, listen to us. This is also for your own sake. And you haven’t even heard who the person we set you up with."

 

Minyoung just closed her eyes and sighed before she looked at her parents again, "...and who's this guy?" she said without any hint of interest.

 

"He's the only son of Wu Corporation. The son of our Chinese client -- Wu Fan."

 

She suddenly heard a loud ring when her appa mentioned that name. She couldn't be wrong; it was him -- Wu Fan or Kris. He is the only son and heir of Wu Corporation. She hasn’t met him yet but she definitely heard a lot of things about him -- especially about him being a player.

 

"Wu Fan? You mean, Kris?”

 

"Oh, I didnt expect that you know him?" her appa wondered.

 

"Well, he's pretty famous among all the girls in elite family. Have you met him Minyoung-ah? I heard he's very handsome – sounds perfect to be a son-in-law." Her mom said with a dreamy face.

 

"Eomma!" she screamed again in frustration. "Yes, he's pretty famous and that's because he's a player. Appa, you set me up with a player!"

 

"Yah! Park Minyoung, what did I tell you about judging other people? I told you that –"

 

" – that every person has a good side. Eomma, I'm not forgetting that, but this is different." She said as she mimicked the way her mom said those words.

 

"Dear, please listen. We're not really arranging you on a marriage...yet. But we're doing this because we want you to meet someone. Why don't you give him a chance and get to know him well."

 

Minyoung sighed of exhaustion as the conversation went on and on. Just to end it, she just blurted out something.

 

"But eomma, appa, I can't do it..."

 

"Waeyo?" they asked in unison.

 

"Because..." she bit her lower lip before she continued,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...I love someone else."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daji Hao! It's me again! I missed you all!

Did you like the first two chapters? ^^ Well, don't forget to your comments down there, araji?

There will be more exciting characters and events on the upcoming chapters. Please anticipate~

Author's note:

Hello there Lu Han! Hello my lovely readers. So here's the second update for everyone. Some fews things to mention.

Kang Kyung Joon is Coach Byun in To the Beautiful You. I just really enjoyed his character as a funny coach in that series so I thought he needs to have cameo role here.

Yang Hao Wei is a Taiwanese model and actor. If you guys have watched the Taiwanese version of Hana Kimi, he's part of the casts. He played the role of "Yang yang" who's a gay student. But in real life, he isn't gay. But he's really cute, isn't he?

Suho and Lay -- they are minor characters with a purpose. You'll know in the following chapters.

Thanks to all my subcribers! Please don't forget to post your comment -- those really motivete me. :D

*Credits to all the rightful ownders of the gifs and photos used in this story.