Challenges and Trials

You are my everything

 

SONG OF THE CHAPTER

 

After sharing a very passionate lovemaking, Minyoung rested her head on Lu Han’s chest as they laid their exhausted bodies on the bed. Lu Han playfully ran his finger through his hair and she just smiled as a response. Suddenly, she remembered something that had been troubling her.

 

“Lu Han, what are you going to do with Fei?” she asked. Lu Han stopped for a moment. He got up the bed and so Minyoung. As they faced each other, Lu Han caressed her cheeks before smiling at her.

 

“How did you learn about her?” he asked.

 

“Kris overheard our conversation but instead of confronting us, he hired a detective to gather all these information about us. After getting all the information, Kris met up with me this morning and asked me about our secret. I admitted it and before we parted, he gave me this envelope that contained your photos – and this photo of you kissing Fei.” She slowly bowed her head while saying the latter part. Lu Han let out a chuckle with the jealousy on her tone.

 

So that’s what has been bugging her the moment she arrived here. Lu Han thought. He took her hands and held it tightly.

 

“That photo was taken four years ago, before I left Beijing. But two years ago, Fei broke up with me and married some other guy. I haven’t heard anything from her since then – so we’re clearly over.” He said, looking straight to her eyes.

 

Minyoung’s face brightened up after hearing this. Inexplicable, she felt a relief and happiness with what Lu Han said.

 

“Is that so?” she said, pursing her lips.

 

“Yes. So you shouldn’t worry anymore.” Lu Han smiled at her and once again, he sweetly kissed her lips.

 

After pulling away, Minyoung blurted out another thing that was bothering her. “But Lu, how about my parents?”

 

Lu Han pressed his forehead closely to hers, “Tomorrow, we’ll go to your house and face them together. We’ll tell them the truth and that we love each other.” He simply answered.

 

“We’ll face them together?” she reiterated.

 

“Yes, together.” And he assured her.

 

Minyoung smiled and tightly hugged Lu Han as they laid their bodies again on the bed. Together, they peacefully slept and travelled to their happy dreamland.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Morning came and in Park Mansion. Mrs. Park called out Minyoung’s name all over the hallway. She hadn’t seen her daughter since last night so she was wondering where she did go. Knocking on her daughter’s room, she didn’t receive any response. Surprisingly, as she twisted the door knob, it easily opened the door. She freely walked inside and noticed that her daughter wasn’t inside. As her eyes wandered, she found a brown envelope on Minyoung’s bed. She noticed the photos scattered around it so she quickly picked up each one.

 

“This is Lu Han.” She uttered. She kept on checking each photos until she reached the last one. Her eyes widened in confusion when she studied the last picture.

 

“What is this? Why is he with someone else?” and that’s the time, she carefully read the other information and found out Lu Han’s real identity and relationship with Minyoung.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Kris woke up early to prepare in visiting Minyoung in their house. He was eager to win her heart this time – especially now that he has a fair chance with her. After checking himself out on the mirror, Kris left with the bouquet of roses her ordered and drove off.

 

When he arrived in the mansion, he went straight to their living room to wait for her. But when he got there, he was welcomed by Minyoung’s parents – wearing a very serious face.

 

“Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Park!” Kris bowed casually.

 

Mrs. Park was the first one to stand up from her seat and as she walked towards Kris, she lifted up the envelope she was holding and asked him directly.

 

“Kris, do you know anything about this? About Minyoung lying to us?” she asked.

 

Kris feared to find out that Minyoung’s parents already discovered about their secret. He promised to Minyoung that he wouldn’t tell anything to her parents but how could he still come up with excuses if all the evidences were already shown to them? Kris gulped as he tried to be calm.

 

“Mrs. Park, I’m sure Minyoung has reasons why she did this…” he said, trying to cover up for Minyoung.

 

Unfortunately, Mrs. Park didn’t buy his excused and asked him to leave the mansion if he didn’t want to be in trouble.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Meanwhile, outside the mansion, Lu Han and Minyoung were already preparing to get inside.

 

“Lu Han, are you sure we can do this?” Minyoung asked him, reluctant to go inside their mansion.

 

He held her hand tighter and gave him an assuring smile, “whatever happens, always remember that I’m here and will always be here for you. I will do everything to fight for you and for this love that we have.” He said.

 

His words melted her heart. As he kissed her forehead and they both did a “fighting” cheer before completely going inside the mansion, hand in hand.

 

As they walked to the main door, Kris met them and seeing them holding each other’s hands, Kris’ face fell in disappointment.

 

“K-Kris, what are you doing here?” Minyoung asked.

 

“I’m not sure if this the best time for you to show up…but your parents have already found out.” He plainly said.

 

“What? I thought you’re not going to tell them anything.” She almost yelled in disbelief.

 

“I thought you would give me a chance.” Kris retorted. He shot a deathly glare at Lu Han before completely leaving them.

 

“I think, it’s about time. We can do this.” Lu Han told her once again.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Walking inside the living room,  Minyoung already caught a glimpse of her parents who were waiting for her. As they stood in front of them, Minyoung looked at her parents’ face. She could see the rage and disbelief in their faces as they held the photos and papers from the envelope.

 

“How could you do this to us Minyoung?” Her mom started to ask, holding back her tears.

 

“Eomma, appa, please let me explain…” she pleaded. Lu Han was still holding her hand.

 

“How could you lie to us? This is not how we raise you.” Her eomma said. Her appa was still quiet and not looking at them.

 

“Eomma, I really didn’t mean to hurt you. I did it because I didn’t really like the idea of being in a “fixed marriage”.” She said.

 

“But still… you could have at least told us the truth.” She said furiously, “…and you! You get out of this house now.” She pointed to Lu Han. But he didn’t budge and held Minyoung’s hand tighter.

 

“I’m sorry Mrs. Park. But I can’t leave Minyoung. I love your daughter.” He said firmly.

 

Upon hearing this, Mr. Park finally stood up his seat and spoke up.

 

“You heard my wife – get out of our house, now!” he demanded.

 

“B-But sir –”

 

“I said get ou –” Mr. Park wasn’t able to finish his sentence when he suddenly felt an excruciating pain on his chest. He fell on his knees and that made Minyoung and Mrs. Park to panic.

 

“Appa, appa, what’s wrong??” she asked. Seeing this incident, Lu Han immediately called the ambulance and rushed Mr. Park to the nearest hospital.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

Mr. Park was sent to the emergency room and needed to undergo an urgent surgery. Having a history of heart disease, the sudden revelation of Minyoung’s secrets worsened everything. Filled with guilt, Minyoung anxiously waited outside the room as she cried her heart out.

 

When the doctor finally came out, he sent the good news that Mr. Park was finally saved but still needed a 24-hour observation. Minyoung rushed her way inside the room to check her appa, but when Lu Han was about to follow, he was blocked by Mrs. Park.

 

“We need to talk.” She said with her fuming eyes.

 

Lu Han just bit his lip and complied.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Inside the room, Minyoung held her appa’s hand and put closely to her cheeks.

 

“Appa, mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae…” she bawled out, wishing her appa would be able to hear her.

 

She continued to cry, but little did she know, her eomma was already talking seriously to Lu Han outside the room.

 

“Do you really love my daughter?”

 

“I do and I’m willing to do anything for her.” He answered without any hesitation.

 

“Then, lI have a favor to ask -- leave her.” Mrs. Park blurted out. Lu Han looked up to her with his pleading eyes.

 

“B-But…”

 

“If you really love my daughter, you will understand. We want what’s best for her and to tell you honestly, I don’t think you’re the best for her.” She said.

 

 

Lu Han looked down on the ground as he suddenly felt the frank belittlement of Mrs. Park. He pondered upon her words and was convinced that he might not be really the best for Minyoung. He slightly bowed at her and left the hospital as he held back his tears.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Strolling down the side of Han River, Lu Han looked at nowhere and those words kept on coming back on his head.

 

…you’re not the best for her.

 

“What if they’re right? What if I’m not really the one for her? I have nothing that I could be proud of. And Minyoung – she has everything.” His thoughts and emotions were all messed up. It was eating him alive and he was completely dying inside.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

Dajia hao! Gaaaah! Just read your comments and thank you so much for all your beautiful words. I'm so glad that you liked the previous chapter. Anyway, speaking of "drama", this chapter shows one. But I don't think it turned out the way I wanted it to be. Please let me know what you think.

And Lu, did you like this chapter?

This chapter's really sad...

I know, I feel for you...I'm pretty sure the readers too.

How about you Kris? What can you say?

I thought I would get a chance.

Well, for that one... you lost the poll, so you know what it means...

 

 

Hahaha!

Sorry, I really had to do that. ^^~

But seriously, Kris and Lu... the story is almost over. Anything you'd like to say to our readers?

To our beloved readers... Xiexie!

Thank you for supporting the story.

Make sure to join us until the end.

That's right! Thank you so much everyone. 

Right now, can you guess what's gonna happen to our main characters? I'd love to know your thoughts. :D

Wo ai ni~

*credits to all the owners of these gifs.