Alcohol

You are my everything

 

 

SONG OF THE CHAPTER

 

In their dining area, Kris was drowning himself in alcohol. After seeing Lu Han and Minyoung together, hand in hand earlier this morning, his hope crashed realizing that he really doesn’t have any chance with her. He was not just drowned with the beer he was drinking, but also with the sorrow and pain filling his heart.

 

After consuming another bottle of beer, Kris hastily opened another one and drank it. Suddenly, his father who just arrived from work stepped in. He caught his son having his solo moment so he decided to join in for the first time.

 

“Are you drinking because of a girl?” he asked, sitting on the other side of the table and grabbing his drinks.

 

“Why do you even bother to ask? You don’t even care.” He said unkindly.

 

His father heaved a sigh as he held the bottle of beer with his two hands, “I know you’re mad at me. All this time, you’ve been mad at me. But there’s one thing I want to tell you Kris.  I loved and still love your mom.” He said.

 

Kris remained quiet. He didn’t say anything or show any response.

 

“Since your mom died, I felt like dying too. But she was the one who told me to continue living – to find some other woman to love. But it wasn’t easy, nothing could just replace her.” His dad has never spoken this much before, but Kris never showed any signs of interests as he continued to drink his beer.

 

“I-I’m sorry…” His dad uttered and finally, Kris stopped from drinking.  Kris just glared at his father, confused. Why is he talking like this? What does he need? He thought.

 

“If you’re drinking because of a girl, you must be really in love with her.” His dad commented and chuckled when a sudden memory hit him. “I did the same before when your mom and I had our first fight – and still do whenever I miss her.” Mr. Wu lifted his head and looked at his son who was blankly staring at the bottle. He could see and feel the sadness in his eyes. “If you’re hurting because of a girl – it means you’re truly in love. But it’s not the end so you shouldn’t give up.”

 

His dad stood up from his seat and worked towards him. He gently tapped his shoulder and spoke again, “If your mom was her, she would definitely tell you the same thing.” With that, he completely left his son.

 

For the first time, a tear fell on Kris’ eyes. Things were starting to get clearer for him, but being sober because of too much alcohol, Kris fell asleep on the table.

 

 

He felt a warmth touch from someone and that woke him up. He saw his mom lovingly his hair and sweetly smiling at him.

 

“Mom?” he asked in surprise.

 

(Go So Young as Kris’ Mom…please take note of her face.^^~)

 

“Yes, it’s me my handsome son.” She smiled again.

“I missed you Mom!” he quickly hugged her, like he had wanted to do it for a long time.

“I missed you too my son. But don’t cry. Mom never left you. I’ve always been here and watching over you and your dad.” She said.

“Mom, I did something wrong. I loved someone too much.” He said with his tears in his eyes.

His mom caressed his cheeks and beamed, “You didn’t do something wrong. You loved and that’s okay. But if you’re hurting or someone else is hurting, don’t fret – eventually, everything will be fine in the end and all those wounds will be healed.”

His mom hugged him tight and he did the same.

 

 

 

In a spur of moment, Kris woke up from his dream. Another tear fell from his eyes but a smile slowly crept on his face when he still felt the warm presence of his mother.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

In Octagon resto-bar, Lu Han was also doing the same thing.

 

“You already had too much.” Lay reminded him as he watched Lu Han finished another glass of liquor.

 

“Just let me Lay – I need to think this out.” He said, almost tipsy.

 

“Lu Han, alcohol is not the answer to your problems.” He said.

 

Lu Han remained quiet as he filled the empty glass of liquor. He stared at it for the long time and let out a small laugh. But as soon as his laugh faded, a tear also fell from his eyes. He started to weep as he felt helpless on the situation he was into.

 

Lay walked up to him and put his arms around his shoulder.

 

“I love her Lay. I love her so much.” Lu Han uttered, biting his lower lip.

 

“I know, I know…” Lay just said.

 

“But how can I fight for her? How can I show her parents that I could also be the best for her…if I have nothing.” He said, frustrated and in pain.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Gaaah! Thank you so much for your comments for the previous chapter! I'm happy that you all liked that chapter although, I know it made you cry. GAAAAH! (again) Yeah, I know, this is such a ery short update. I hope you understand. I just got home from our rehearsal (and I'm really spending more time on it now since we only have a month to prepare) and now, I really need to go to sleep because I have a shift later (I only sleep for 5-6 hours per day since we started).

But don't worry, like what I've promised to everyone -- I will do my best to keep this story updated. But as for this chapter, I really had to give these two men some moments. I know you understand what they've been going through, right?

And they're not with us because of... hangover. LOL!

 

 

 

Do you know the Korean actress I posted as Kris' Mom? Well, I want to ask something...

Does she remind you any KPOP star from any girl group or a solo singer? If yes, please tell me who it is. I just really need your help for this one however, I already have someone in mind. I just really want to know your thoughts.

Again, thank you so much for your support. I'm on the process writing the last two chapters little by little, every time I get a break at work or in our dance rehearsals. Please bear with me~

Wo ai ni~