Heart to Heart

You are my everything

 

Lu Han received an urgent call from someone unexpected today – it was Sehun. He wanted to meet up with Lu Han in their school cafeteria and talked about his secret.

 

 

When Lu Han arrived in the cafeteria, he already saw Sehun blankly staring at him. He could still feel the anger and disbelief with the way Sehun looked at him. Minyoung must be right – he could really be intimidating with the way he looks at people.

 

 

He quietly sat in front of him, without looking straight to his eyes, when suddenly he heard Sehun cleared his throat.

 

 

“I’ll be going back to states tomorrow…” Sehun started.

 

 

Lu Han quickly tilted his head and his eyes met Sehun’s. He could see the sincerity with his dark orbs.

 

 

“B-But why? I mean, why are you telling me this?” Lu Han stammered.

 

 

“Because I had to and because you promised me something. I’m going to give you a chance and tell her the truth BUT you have to do it as soon as possible.” Sehun stated, without leaving Lu Han’s eyes.

 

 

Lu Han gulped nervously but nodded as an agreement. “Thank you Sehun. I’ll make sure to tell her the truth…”

 

 

“There’s one last thing I want to know.” Sehun stares finally softened as he took a sip on his drink. “Do you like my cousin? I mean, do you like Minyoung noona?”

 

 

Again, Lu Han stared back at Sehun with so much surprise. Why is he asking me this question?

 

“As a guy, I find my cousin very attractive. I even told myself that her future boyfriend would be so lucky. But the mere fact that you guys are acting as a couple for a couple of weeks, I doubt that until now, you haven’t grown any feelings for her.” Sehun said. Lu Han remained quiet, checking his own heart.

 

 

“Do you ever wonder why she chose a “gay” guy to pretend as her boyfriend?” Sehun asked.

 

 

“I asked her once but she just said that she didn’t want any complications.” And Lu Han just answered.

 

 

“Exactly! But to simply put it – she’s scared to fall in love…again.”

 

 

Again? So she has fallen in love before?

 

 

“There was a guy that she has fallen in love with during her high school days. Unfortunately, it was a one-sided love. He didn’t return her love even though he was entirely aware of it – the worst was he had to hurt her just so she would stop. The thing is, I know how my cousin deals with her feelings – she doesn’t know when to stop or how to control. When she falls in love, she gives it all.” Sehun elaborated. But Lu Han was still confused why Sehun was saying all of these things.

 

 

“Now, let me ask you again – do you like her or do you have any special feelings for her?” Sehun repeated the question.

 

 

This time, Lu Han has finally learnt the answer from his heart. He knew that all these times, there was a reason why he felt inexplicable happiness when he’s with her, why there’s a sudden throb in his heart when someone mentioned her name, and why he’s so afraid for her to find out about his secret.

 

 

Lu Han nodded his head and bit his lip to answer Sehun’s query and Sehun took it as a ‘yes’.

 

 

“Then, that’s another reason for you to tell her the truth immediately – because the more you hide this, the more it gets complicated.”

 

 

“I understand.” Lu Han uttered.

 

 

Sehun took on last sip on his drink before he stood up from his seat. “I’m going now.”

 

 

“Sehun… thank you.”

 

 

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m just going to hide your secret for a while but if you don’t keep your promise – you’re dead. Do you understand?”

 

 

Lu Han nodded again but this time he felt more relieved for another chance he had.

 

 

 

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

After leaving Lu Han in the cafeteria, Sehun called Minyoung to meet him up in the same bubble tea shop. The moment they met, Sehun quickly told her about him going back to states.

 

 

“Mwo!? But Sehun-ah, you’ve just been here for almost a week and now you’re leaving again?” she said, filled with surprise with his sudden decision.

 

 

“Noona, I received a call from her and she wants reconciliation…”

 

 

“You really love her that much, don’t you?” she asked.

 

 

“You’re the one who told about my following my heart, right?” He retorted and smiled.

 

 

“I know…but we haven’t spent enough time together…” Minyoung pouted as her eyes started to be teary. She couldn’t help but be sad about her cousin leaving again.

 

 

“Noona~” he sang. “Please don’t cry. I promise, I’ll still visit you here.”

 

 

“But how long will it take this time?” she started sobbing.

 

 

“Next year, on your birthday. Oh noona…uljima. You’re making it hard for me to leave.” Sehun stood up from his seat and sat next to Minyoung to give her a hug.

 

 

“J-Just promise me that you’ll always take care of yourself, okay? I want you to be happy so I won’t stop you now.” She caressed her cousin’s cheek.

 

 

“Well, we still have a lot of time to spend today. Let’s stroll around while drinking our bubble tea, okay?”

 

 

Minyoung agreed as she wiped her tears. The two left the shop with their drinks.

 

 

***

 

 

Walking around the park, Sehun and Minyoung had a good laugh as they reminisced their childhood days.

 

 

“Noona~” he called her.

 

 

“Ne?” turning her head to face him.

 

 

“How’s your heart?” he suddenly asked. Minyoung got surprised at first, not until she finally understood what he was trying to ask.

 

 

“My heart? It’s here. Safe and secured.” She casually answered.

 

 

“That’s good to hear. But until when you will keep it guarded? Aren’t you going to free you heart and let yourself love ag –”

 

“Sehun-ah… please. Don’t bring it up again.” She pleaded.

 

 

They stopped in a bench for a while but Sehun kept his eyes on Minyoung. He noticed how her smile faded when he started asking about her heart.

 

“He still has an effect on you, right?” he still brought it up.

 

 

Minyoung slowly looked down as she tried to deny what her heart really felt about Sehun’s question.

 

 

“It’s okay noona. I understand that it’s not easy…”

 

 

“It wasn’t – to love someone but being hurt in return. I still ask myself sometimes if I could still love without being scared. If I could really open up my heart again without doubting of what I might get in return. But it’s hard… it’s really hard.” Her tears started falling one by one as the familiar pain hit her once more.

 

 

Sehun put his arm around her should and let her head lay on his. He gently patted her shoulders and he could feel her endless sobbing,

 

 

“Noona, you couldn’t say that you truly love someone, if there’s no pain involved. It’s all part of it and that’s inevitable. But we shouldn’t get tired of it – we shouldn’t get tired of loving. We shouldn’t be scared of opening our hearts to for another chance. Each one of us is destined to be with someone and I’m pretty sure, the right person for you will just come along when you least expect it. By that time, your heart should be brave enough to face all those fears – to love again.” Sehun said. Minyoung has finally stopped from crying but as she thought of his words, a smile crept on her face.

 

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

 

“Ne?”

 

 

“Since when you became a fan of Korean dramas?” she blurted out. It made Sehun giggled as she lifted her head to face him again.

 

 

“Noona! Why did you have to do that? I was already having a moment here.” He said as he cutely pouted.

 

 

“I know. But seriously, Sehun-ah…gomawo. I know that you only want the best for me…”

 

 

“…and your happiness. You know that I love you so much that I don’t want to see you crying again.” He said wiping her tears.

 

“You just made me cry, pabo!” she snapped.

 

 

“It’s not my fault if you’re such a crybaby.” And then, they both shared a good laugh.

 

 

“But noona, promise me that you’ll open your heart this time. I really want to see you happy.” He said with sincerity all over his face.

 

 

Minyoung pursed her lips but eventually smiled before she nodded. And for the last time, the two of them hugged.

 

 

“I will miss you Sehun-ah.”

 

 

“I will miss you too noona. But we will see each other again so don’t be sad anymore, araji?”

 

 

“Ne.” she nodded and as they pulled away, Sehun remembered something.

 

 

“Noona, there’s something I want to tell you about Lu Han…” he started.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“He is…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

… a very nice person. And I think you’ll succeed with this plan.” He simply said.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

And there you have it~ This chappie focused more on Minyoung's past but Lu Han has finally admitted it -- his special feelings for her.

Sehun-ah~ Thank you so much! This is also Sehun's last day for his cameo role so let's all thank him.

Thank you so much for having me here Mrs. Sarang!

You're welcome! Hope to see you soon~ ^^

Alright! I'm pretty exhausted today due to our dance rehearsal (and we nearly have a month to prepare) but I still want to make that I can post this chapter for everyone.

Thank you so much!

Don't forget to put your comments.

Wo ai ni~

Sehun-ah~ can you please do one more bbuing bbuing before you leave? Please~ *bats eyelashes*

Araseo~

Bbuing bbuing~

Tharanghae readers~~

*credits to all the owners of these gifs~