The Plan

You are my everything

 

"Yah! Kim Juri, I need to talk to you right now. Let's meet up!" she screamed over the phone while talking to her best friend. She couldn't believe that she lied to her parents, she wouldn't want to but she had no choice. She doesn't really like the idea of going out with somebody she barely knows, the worst is, with someone who's known as a player.

 

"Yah! Park Minyoung! Is that how you talk to your best friend who you haven't seen for a year? Could you say that you missed me, at least?"

Kim Juri (Actress Kim Ji Won)

Minyoung chuckled with what her best friend said. She has a point, though. For a year, she didn't call or text her because she decided to live by her own. But deep in her heart, she truly missed her best friend.

 

"Aw. Mianhae Juri! Of course, I missed you...SO MUCH! That's why I want to see you soon. Let's meet up please." Her tone suddenly changed in to a sweeter one.

 

"Araseo, I'll send you the location and let's meet up there."

 

 

             

 

Minyoung arrived in the resto-bar which Juri asked her to go to. She looked around to find Juri in the crowd. A familiar side profile caught her attention. A girl with a long wavy hair and wearing a cute little dress. She couldn't be mistaken, it's her best friend Juri.

 

She ran towards the table and when the lady turned back, a huge smile greeted her.

 

"Minyoung!"

 

"Juri!"

 

The two excitedly hugged each other.

 

"Wow! I really missed you, Minyoung-ah! How are you?"

 

"I'm fine. I just arrived earlier this morning because of what happened to appa."

 

"Oh ne. I heard what happened to him. How is he?"

 

"He's doing much better now. By the way, since when did you get interest of going in a resto-bar?" Minyoung curiously asked Juri. She knows her best friend very well and she knows that Juri doesn't like going in resto-bars, not unless there are cute boys around.

 

"My brother Suho recommended this place. And I love the ambience, the food, the music, the singer, and the waiters –"

 

"Wait, wait... the singer and the waiters? They're cute, aren't they? I know you so well Juri. You wouldn't stay in this place if they were no cute boys around."

 

Juri giggled with the fact that Minyoung said. She definitely has the exact reason why she visits the resto-bar.

 

"I'm not going to deny it, you really know me. It's just that, they are so charming. Too bad, the singer is not here. If you see him, you won’t think he’s a guy because he's way too pretty or handsome. But the waiter is here, let me just call him."

 

Juri quickly raised her hand to get the attention of the waiter she was talking about. A guy wearing a plain white t-shirt and black pants approached them with a sweet smile.

 

"May I take your order ma'am?"

 

"Oh yes, this is my best friend's first time in this place, so can you please get us two glasses of your best champagne... Lay?" she said with a little flirty tone.

 

He carefully took note of the order. "Is there anything else you want to order?”

 

"YOU! Just kidding! No, that would do it. Thanks." Minyoung couldn’t help but let out small laugh with her best friend’s behavior.

 

"Alright, one moment." and he left to get the order.

 

Juri tried herself not to squeal, but when Lay left, she wasn't able to hold it anymore.

 

"Oh my gosh, isn't he cute? Have you noticed those dimples? I wish he could be my personal waiter forever."

 

"Hmm... he's pretty cute. And yes, he could be your waiter forever." Minyoung commented.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I meant, your family owns a lot of restaurants here in Seoul, you could actually hire him and keep him to yourself." She exaggerated.

 

"Omo! How come I didn't think of that?! But would that be really a great idea?"

 

"Yah! Juri, I was just kidding. And no, it's not a great idea so don't do it." Minyoung did a face-palm because of how gullible her best friend could be sometimes.

 

"Anyway, I know you didn’t call me for no reason. So what exactly do you want to tell me? I'm listening."

 

Minyoung heaved a heavy sigh first before she started.

 

 

             

Lay went back to the bar and asked for two glasses of champagne for the customers. Suddenly, Lu Han’s presence surprised him.

"Oh Lu Han, I thought you wouldn't be here today?”

 

"Yeah, but I have to run some errands." he explained.

 

"Ohh, I see. Does it have something to do with your unexpected offer yesterday?"

 

Lu Han smiled, "Yes. I still couldn't believe that I would receive such offer. But I still have a problem..."

 

"What is it?"

 

*Flashback*

 

"How may I help you sir?"

 

"Lu Han right? My name is Tommy Chu and I've been watching your performances for a while now. I'm just wondering if you consider signing a contract with us." the man spoke in his fluent Mandarin.

 

"Contract?"

 

The man took out a calling card from his wallet and handed it to Lu Han. He read what's on the card and his eyes widened when he realized who the person in front of him is.

 

"Tommy Chu. Manager of Gold Typhoon. That’s the biggest record label in China, right?"

 

"Yes. And I could see a big potential in you. If you sign this contract, I'll bring you back in China. But you need to prepare some legal papers and placement fee, you've been living here in Seoul for quite some time now so we have to follow some legal processes."

 

Lu Han nodded in understanding. "How much do I need to prepare?"

 

"Three hundred thousand will do."

 

"Three hundred thousand?” and his jaw completely dropped.

 

“Don’t worry Lu Han, you have all the time to save. Just call me once you’re done preparing all of those things. But it would be great if you can have everything settled in a month, so we can start your future career.” Mr. Chu said as he pat his shoulder.

 

*End of flashback*

 

Lu han has been aspiring to be a singer, if he wouldn’t work as a businessman, singing would be the next thing he would really love to do.

 

“That’s why you’re here then?” Lay said.

 

“Yeah. I’m  also starting to seek for another job right now. I really need to save up, I don’t want this chance to slip away since it’s once in a lifetime.”

 

“Why don’t you ask your classmate Suho. You said that he came from a wealthy family, right? Maybe he can help you finding another job.”

 

“That’s actually a great suggestion.” Lu Han agreed. He took his phone and called Suho for some help.

 

             

“Here are the two glasses of champagne for the beautiful ladies.” Lay pleasantly served their orders.

 

“Xie xie Lay!” and Juri responded in Mandarin. She found out that he’s Chinese so she really tried learning some basic Mandarin words.

 

Juri turned to Minyoung again and let her continue their conversation.

 

"Well, you know how I hate "fixed marriage" right? I think the day has finally come -- the day when my parents will set me up on a date."

 

"Omo! You're going to be married now?!" Juri's eyes widened.

 

"Aniya! It's not like that... but could be if I didn’t do something. The worst thing is, they set me up on a date with Kris Wu."

 

Juri almost choked herself with the champagne she was drinking.

 

“K-Kris Wu? The heir Wu Corporation? The super handsome and mind-blowingly awesome Kris Wu?” she exclaimed.

 

“Yes, yes... the one and only player in town.”

 

“Omo! Shouldn’t you be happy you’re going to date him? I mean, we all know that he’s famous because he’s good-looking, athletic and a gentleman –”

 

“ – and a player. Juri, don’t deny those rumors – your cousin was one of his victims right? And I have no plan to be part of his list.” Minyoung took a sip of her drink too.

 

“So what’s your plan?”

 

“Out of nowhere, I blurted out to my parents that I love somebody else… and that was actually a lie. So now, I’m planning to have someone pretend as my boyfriend. They have some conditions, though. I just want to show them that they don’t need to look for a guy for me. And after a month, once they’re already convinced and Kris gets tired of our boring date, I will “break up” with that “boyfriend”.” She explained her game plan in full details.

 

“Wow! That sounds like what I see in movies…” Juri said with awe.

 

“Yeah, but there’s a twist. Like what you see in movies, the characters fall in love with each other, right? I don’t want that.” She simply said.

 

“Mwo? Waeyo? Are you scared to fall in love?”

 

Minyoung got stunned with her question, “It’s not like that! It’s just that I have a lot of things I want to do right now. Anyway, my plan is, I need someone to pretend as my boyfriend… but he doesn’t need to be a boy.”

 

Juri’s eyes narrowed as she deeply thought of what her best friend was trying to say. “If it’s not a boy, then a girl?”

 

“Yah! Kim Juri! That’s not what I mean.” Minyoung let out a sigh before she continued explaining, “…what I meant was, he doesn’t need to be a straight guy. A gay would do.”

 

“Mwo!? Micheoso? You know we’re here in Seoul we’re homos are discreet. That would be very difficult.”

 

“That’s why I called you. We both lived in States for 5 years during our high school days, and you had a lot of gay friends – I also became very close to them. You have this “gay radar” and you can easily tell if a guy is straight or not.”

 

"But why does it have to be a "gay"?" Juri asked again for more explanation.

 

"Well, I just don't like complications. Just like what I said earlier, I don't like those things that you usually see in movies. If the person I get wasn't a straight guy, then I wouldn't be interested in him and vice versa. It would be pure business." she explained.

 

"You sound like your Appa now."

 

After explaining all of her plans to Juri, she immediately made up her mind and decided to help Minyoung.

 

“Araseo! I’ll do my best to help you on this one. But I’m telling you that this won’t be easy…”

 

“I already prepared myself for that.” Minyoung said.

 

“I’m also going to ask some help from Suho.” Juri added.

 

“Wae? Is he gay?”

 

“Yah! He’s not, okay? He studies in SNU where there are a lot of foreign students. He actually told me once that he met a gay friend in that school. So we already have one prospect.”

 

Minyoung just nodded.

 

This is now or never for her. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note!

Hello everyone! So here's another update. And it's all a lie... Do you think her plan will work?

Anyway, I can't wait to have Kris with us so we can talk to him... but he keeps on refusing. Don't worry, Mrs. Sarang will work hard to bring him here. For now, someone wants to say HI...

 

Annyeong readers!

Annyeong Lu! Do you know why Kris is not accepting my invitation to join us here?

Make a guess?

Mwoya? Just tell us. Is it because of his "buing buing" scandal?

Why are laughing? Omo! Is he really mad?

No, he's not mad. Don't worry. He'll be here too...soon. :)

Araseo! Anyway, thanks everyone for reaeding! I'll make sure to update as fast as possible!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment.

Wo ai ni~ Saranghae~

*credits to the rightful owners of the photos and gifs used in this story.