Meet the Parents

You are my everything

 

 

A week has already passed and Minyoung's parents have already come back from their vacation. For the past few days, Minyoung and Lu Han made sure to meet up once a day to talk about their plan. From Lu Han's background to the story how they fell in love, Minyoung has made sure that Lu Han would be able to answer all of her parents' possible questions.

 

When her parents heard about her "boyfriend" being around, they immediately invited him for a dinner in their mansion.

 

 

             

 

"Woah! You look great on that jacketLu Han!" she exclaimed.

 

 

 

“You think so?” he asked.

 

 

“Of course! I know you feel a little uncomfortable with it, but trust me – this really looks good on you.” She said as she brushed her hands to his navy button hole collared jacket. With that, Lu Han smiled and sighed.

 

“Are you nervous?” Minyoung asked him. She knew in herself that this is the day they’ve been waiting for – admittedly, she’s also nervous about how things would turn out.

 

“A little. But we can do this!” Lu Han said.

 

 

“That’s right! Fighting!”

 

 

“Fighting!”

 

 

And they completely headed to Minyoung’s place to meet her parents.

 

 

             

 

 

It was Lu Han’s first time to visit Minyoung's mansion, so the moment they got off the car, his jaw dropped because of too much amazement. Just like the usual, they were greeted by groups of guards and maids of the entire mansion. As they bowed politely, Lu Han just couldn’t stop his eyes from wandering around the palace-like dwelling of Minyoung.

 

 

“Woah! I didn’t expect that your house is this big.” Lu Han expressed.

 

 

Minyoung just chuckled as he stared at his cute, amazed face.

 

 

“Agassi, your parents are already waiting for you in the dining area.” Her personal maid, Cho Hee, approached her. She turned to Lu Han and they both smiled at each other as they did another “Fighting” cheer.

 

 

“Are you ready?” She asked. Lu Han just nodded but before they went ahead, Minyoung stopped him from walking. She took his hand and reminded him of their plan – to walk hand in hand.

 

 

 

             

 

 

 

 

As they walked to the dining room, Mr.and Mrs. Park were already waiting for them in their very elegant dining area. Minyoung squeezed Lu Han’s hand tighter as she suddenly felt a little tense being in front of them. Deep inside her, she felt nervous because she would finally start their act – or more of a “lie” – in front of them today.

 

 

“Eomma, Appa… this is Lu Han. My boyfriend.” She stuttered.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Joneun Lu Han-imnida.” He introduced himself with his fluent Korean.

 

 

They received a cold glare from Mr. Park – just being the protective father he is. But Mrs. Park stood up from her seat and also bowed before smiling at Lu Han.

 

 

“Annyeonhaseyo! I’m Park Mi Kyung, Minyoung’s Mom. It’s nice to meet you Lu Han. I didn’t know that my daughter has a very handsome boyfriend.” She commented sweetly.

 

 

But Mr. Park made a very loud noise of clearing his throat before he spoke. “He’s not her boyfriend yet, she said – they’re just dating.”

 

 

“But yeobo, isn’t the same?”

 

 

“Of course not! Even though, we’re not in the 21st century anymore, I can’t just let our daughter be with someone we barely know.” He said as he stared back at Lu Han who was almost dying inside because of his intense glare.

 

 

“Aish yeobo! Hajima! Stop staring at him like that, you’re giving him the creeps! Anyway, you guys go and sit now.” Mrs. Park said and the two just followed. Minyoung and Lu Han sat next together.

 

 

When the food was completely brought to the table, they started eating peacefully. Not until, Mr. Park starting the interrogation with Lu Han. As expected, they started asking him some personal questions.

 

 

“So Lu Han, that doesn’t like a Korean name?”

 

 

“Yes Sir, I’m actually a Chinese.” Lu Han said.

 

 

“Ooh, is that so? Anyway, I heard that you’re still studying studying? Is that true?”

 

 

“Yes Sir. I’m currently studying in Seoul National University and taking up Business Administration.”

 

 

“Geuraeyo? Wow! SNU is one the prestigious universities here in Seoul and you’re taking up a business course, what a relief!” Mrs. Park exclaimed as she looked at her husband who was obviously starting to be in favor with Lu Han too. Needless to say, Mr. Park seemed to be really agreeing with her wife.

 

Everything was running smoothly with the exchange of questions and answers while they were having their dinner. Lu Han didn’t have a hard time answering the questions because his answers happened to be a fact. From being a scholar and telling them that he works as a singer in a bar to support himself. But when they started asking why, that was the time their “act” began.

 

 

“Well, just like me, Lu Han decided to live on his own and chose Seoul since he got accepted in SNU.” Minyoung answered the question for him.

 

 

“I see. But what’s your family’s business?” Mrs. Park added.

 

 

Lu Han swallowed hard with the unexpected question threw by Minyoung’s appa. It wasn’t unexpected with Minyoung, though, so she quickly held Lu Han’s hand under the table as a sign that she was going to save the situation.

 

 

“Lu Han’s family owns a little enterprise that has something to do with food and music.” She said.

 

 

“Like a restaurant or a bar?” Mrs. Park curiously asked.

 

 

“Yes. Something like that.” She confirmed.

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Park just nodded in understanding as Minyoung and Lu Han just smiled in relief.

 

 

 

             

 

 

 

They were almost done eating when Mrs. Park asked another question – but this time, it was something expected.

 

 

“So what were you doing in Busan? Minyoung told us that you guys met in there and how did you fall in love?” she asked.

 

 

Lu Han smiled as he looked at Minyoung. This was the question that both of them had been preparing for.

 

 

“That’s true. I went to Busan to unwind and I also lived in Sasang-gu for a while. One day, I was walking on the streets when a beautiful girl caught my eyes – it was her. She was teaching in the plaza and she was surrounded by these little kids. I immediately fell in love with her charming personality, her passion in teaching and most of all, her radiant smile.” Lu Han glanced at Minyoung as he narrated the story they both made up.

 

“Aww. That sounds so sweet! It's just like what I see in the movies.” Mrs. Park blurted out as she looked dreamy of how Lu Han fell in love with her daughter. But not Mr. Park, he scoffed as Lu Han told the story.

 

 

“But it doesn’t mean that we approve this kind of relationship. The two of you just met and 5 months is very short. This is also the first time we met you so we can’t just say “yes” to you.” He bluntly said.

 

 

“I understand Sir. But that’s the reason why I’m here – to prove that I love and won’t hurt your daughter.” Again, he looked at Minyoung while saying these words as he held her hand. For some unknown reason, Minyoung blushed as Lu Han looked straight to his eyes – but all she knows is she’s very happy because Lu Han did a great job delivering those lines.

 

 

They finally finished the dinner so they proceeded to the living room. Lu Han and Mr. Park continued talking and everything seemed to be getting better between them. He impressed Mr. Park with all of his knowledge regarding business and that really seemed to work. But Minyoung’s appa still scoffed once in a while every time she joined in the conversation and praised Lu Han.

 

 

After having a very interesting conversation, Minyoung decided to send Lu Han home.

 

 

“Appa, Eomma, it’s getting late now. Lu Han needs to go home.” Minyoung said.

 

 

“Thank you so much Sir, Ma’am for inviting me. I really enjoyed the sumptuous dinner.” Lu Han humbly said as he bowed at them.

 

 

“Thank you for coming Lu Han.” Mrs. Park sweetly replied while Mr. Park just simply nodded his head. Minyoung and Lu Han were about to head their way to the main door when Butler Kim arrived.

 

 

“Mr. Park, someone is looking for you. Would I let him in?” he asked.

 

 

“Oh yes please.” Mr. Park demanded.

 

 

Butler Kim did as he said and let the visitor in. When the unexpected visitor walked in, Minyoung’s eyes widened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“K-Kris?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Another update for everyone!

Gosh! I'm so happy today! I didn't expect to have more readers this time. Haha! And oh, I seriously love reading your comments. I didn't expect the result of the poll though. How come Lu Han and I got some votes???  Do you guys really think we look good together? LOL!

Yup! I think so too. 

Don't tell me you also voted Lu? Why did you do that? OTL

Because I wanted to. I  thought it would make you happy...

Of course, it did. You always make me happy even without doing anything -- just like how my readers make me happy. ^_^

That's right! Your readers can really make you happy. And I'm glad that I could make you happy too. :)

Ne. Anyway, we're getting too cheesy now. This is not our love story so we'd better stop here. ^^

You're right! I just want you to know that you and and your readers make me so happy! :)

Awww! That's so sweet!

Anyway, thanks again for reading everyone. The other chappies are still on the works so I couldn't make any double updates just like before. But I know you're all waiting patiently, right? 

Wo ai ni~

Bye everyone! See you 'til next update! :)

 

*credits to all the rightful owners of these gifs and photos used. :)