His real side

You are my everything

 

When Kris put Minyoung on the bed, she was still completely unconscious. Kris started to his shirs and unbuckle his belt as he stared at the divine body before him. He began to crawl on top of her and gently kissed her cheeks, her nose, her jawline and her lips. Poor Minyoung was still dozing off while Kris was trying to succeed on his plan.

 

From kissing her neck, Kris slowly lifted her skirt and that exposed her vanilla skin. Kris slowly caressed her smooth legs and when he pulled his body to look at her again, a sudden memory hit him.

 

Always remember to respect a lady, like how you respect me.

 

Kris quickly got up the bed in horror and sat on the side. He anxiously rubbed his face and ran his hands through his hair when he finally realized what he was doing.

 

“Kris! What is this?! You’re crazy!” he groaned in anger towards himself.

 

He slowly walked back to the bed where Minyoung was still calmly sleeping. He stared at her for a long time – lovingly.

 

“I’m sorry Minyoung. I really didn’t mean to this. I hope you could forgive me.” And once again he left a sweet kiss on

her forehead. Kris put his shirt on again and before he left the room, he covered Minyoung’s body with a white comforter so she could sleep more cozily.

 

 

             

 

“What the? Kris, that was your chance!” Kai yelled in frustration.

 

“I didn’t know that gege’s a coward.” Tao commented while he looked at him blankly.

 

“I’m not a coward – but I’m not a either. That was such a desperate plan and I regret agreeing on it.” Kris said.

 

“Well, if you’d just let this chance slip away, I wouldn’t.” Kai smirked as he stood to go up the bedroom.  Kris blocked his away and furiously grabbed his collar.

 

“Don’t you dare touch her.” Kris said as he shot a fuming glare at Kai.

 

“Yah! Stop it!” Xiumin pulled them away from each other, “…alright guys, if Kris doesn’t want it, let him be.” And he calmly said.

 

“Tch! He doesn’t really know what he’s missing. Let’s go Tao, this party is getting boring.” Then, the two just left the house..

 

Kris heaved a deep sigh and grabbed a bottle of beer. He drank it with so much frustration and guilt. He couldn’t believe that he almost Minyoung tonight.

 

“What happened Kris? I thought you really want her.” Xiumin asked as he sat in front of Kris.

 

“I can’t do it. I can’t take advantage of her. It’s just that…I suddenly remembered my mom.” He stuttered.

 

Among all Kris’ friends, Xiumin was the only one really knows what happened to Kris’ mom. They’ve been friends ever since they were little and Xiumin is like Kris’ diary.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Kris, promise me that you will give me beautiful grandchildren once you get married, araji?” Kris’ mom asked in a very weak voice.

 

“Mom, isn’t too early to talk about your future grandchildren? Should I get married first?” Kris asked her as he took out all the fruits from the grocery bag.

 

“Ne. But you need to make sure to get a loving wife too, araji?” She demanded again.

 

“Mom, you talk like you won’t even meet her. You will because you’ll get well soon. Araji?” and the way he imitated his mom made them both chuckled.

 

“Aigoo! My handsome son. Soon, you’ll fall in love and have a girlfriend. Just always remember to respect a lady, like how you respect me. Do you understand?”

 

“Ne eomma!” with that, Kris sat beside her and embraced his mom lovingly.

 

*End of flashback*

 

It’s been five years now since Kris’ mom died because of heart failure. It brought him too much pain but what really made him into a player was not because he has completely forgotten his mom’s advice – but it was because of his dad. Just right after a year since Kris’ mom died, he caught his father dating different ladies. He didn’t like the idea of what his father was doing but because of lack of guidance, Kris started to play around with different girls when he reached the age of eighteen.

 

“Don’t fret about it Kris. You didn’t do it and that’s the most important thing. You just did the right thing.” Xiumin said as he patted his back.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, you didn’t disappoint me. When I actually heard Kai’s plan, I didn’t really like it. But when you agreed on it, I didn’t say anything – because you’re old enough and you know what’s right and wrong. I really thought you would do it, but when you came out that room – you really made me proud. It’s really hard to control these hormones, you know.” Xiumin explained as he continued to drink his wine. “Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.  I’m glad that Mr. Wu has finally found his match. You should do everything to get her heart – and do it fairly.” And Xiumin finally stood up and left Kris.

 

His words made Kris feel much better. He’s right. If I really want her, I should do everything  -- and it needs to be fair. I’ll do everything to win her heart, even though it means, I need to change and be whoever I was before.

 

 

             

Morning came and Minyoung was still deeply asleep on the soft bed. But the sunrays touched her cheeks and that made her slowly opened her eyes. As her sight wandered, she realized that she was in an unfamiliar place. She tried to get up but her head was still as heavy as a rock.

 

“Where am I?” she asked herself. She looked down and saw her dress – that’s the time she finally remembered something. “Omo! I was in Kris’ birthday party!”

 

She quickly pushed the comforter and searched for her shoes. Suddenly, Kris knocked and opened the door.

 

“Oh, you’re already awake.” He slowly came in and sat on the side of the bed. He looked at Minyoung’s face and smiled. “Are you okay now?” he asked in concern.

 

“A little bit. I’m sorry Kris, but where am I?”

 

“You’re in one of our guest rooms.”

 

“I see. But what happened? I mean, I can’t remember anything. I don’t how I ended up here.” She was filled with confusion.

 

Kris thought for a moment – is he going to tell the truth or just tell a lie? He knew deep in his heart that what he did was unforgivable but he’s willing to make up for it…but not this time.

 

“You had a glass of champagne last night and it seems like the champagne wasn’t good for you, so you felt sleepy and asked me if you could sleep here. Don’t worry, I already called your mom and told her that you weren’t able to drive home because of some reasons.” He said.

 

Minyoung just nodded innocently.

 

“You must be hungry now because you haven’t eaten anything since last night. Breakfast is ready downstairs. Kaja!” And without any hesitation, Minyoung just agreed and came with him.

 

 

             

 

The maids were serving all the food on the table and Minyoung eyes’ widened with feast-like breakfast Kris prepared for her. She also came from a well-off family, but she’s not used to of seeing this much food on the table.

 

“I don’t know what you prefer to eat in the morning so I asked them to cook everything. Please dig in.” He sweetly said. Minyoung nodded and started to get her food. Kris just quietly ate while she glanced at him. She felt something unusual with Kris’ behavior today. He’s not staring at me anymore and his cold and killer stares are gone.

 

“What’s wrong? Didn’t you like the food?” Kris asked as she caught her staring at him.

 

“Aniya! They’re all good… I’m just wondering. Where’s your appa?”

 

Kris remained quiet for a while before he spoke up, “He’s on a business trip.”

 

“Business trip? But it was your birthday yesterday, right? Did he even greet you?”

 

“He didn’t. He stopped celebrating my birthday since my mom died.”

 

His mom died and his dad didn’t greet him on his birthday? This thought suddenly caused her pain. She’s a type of person who is way too compassionate for everyone.

 

“But I’m alright Minyoung so don’t worry about it.” And Kris just forced a smile.

 

I didn’t know that he’s been going through a lot all this time. Minyoung felt a little guilt when she remembered the way she treated him.

 

“Would you mind if I asked you what happened to your mom?”

 

“I was 17 years old when she died. She got a heart failure and she’s been fighting for it since I was young.” Kris began to open up to her. “Since my mom died, appa and I barely even talked to each other. One day, I caught him dating other women. He said that it’s normal since he’s a widower. But dating three women at the same time – is that still normal?” he chuckled when he threw a sudden query.

 

So that’s the reason why he became a player. Minyoung couldn’t take it anymore. She felt her eyes starting to be teary but she looked away and as her eyes wandered, she saw a pile of wrapped boxes on the side table and a small paper bag – it was her gift to Kris. She quickly stood up to get her present.

 

“This was the gift I gave to you last night, right?” she asked to be sure.

 

“Yes. I’m sorry, I haven’t had enough time to check all of my gifts.”

 

“It’s okay. Here. Open it now.”

 

“You want me to open it in front of you?”

 

Minyoung nodded and showed him a sweet smile. Kris took the paper and bag and opened it. As he put his hand inside, he felt a hard, small thing. He carefully pulled it out and a smile crept on his face when he finally saw it.

 

 

“An angel figurine?” he asked.

 

“There’s an orphanage that I’ve been supporting for years now. Those children in the orphanage made this angel figurine and gave it to me as a present. These children were alone since they were born, but the nuns in that place take good care of them and love them unconditionally. Mother Superior told them that they’re not truly alone – nobody is – because each one of us has an angel who’s always there and guiding us.” Minyoung said as she looked at Kris who had been staring at the little figurine.

 

“You are not alone Kris. Always remember that.” Minyoung said as he placed her hand on top his.

 

Kris looked back at her with his teary eyes. “I know I’m not, especially when I met you. I know I’m not really alone. Thank you Minyoung. This is the best gift I’ve ever received.” Kris responded heartily. For the first time, after a long time, someone touched his heart again – his heart that has been cold since his mom died.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

Hello guys! :D

So here's another chapter for everyone! Our Duizhang is not really bad after all... like what Minyoung's mom always says, "everyone has a good side". Honestly, I had a little hard time writing the first part of this story... I was thinking if I'd make it ier but...I just really couldn't do it. OTL I hope you still enjoyed it though. :D

Thanks everyone for your greetings. My heart felt so happy while reading them along with your comments regarding the previous chapter. 

My birthday celebration  isn't over yet. I'll be going out with my friends tonight so I decided to post this chapter because I might come home late. 

Don't forget to post your comments.

And welcome to my new subbies!

Lu Han and Kris are not with my today again because of their everyday rehearsals. T_T I really miss them. 

Well, thanks again for everyone for reading and anticipating.

Question for today:

Is Kris going to have a chance with Minyoung now?

 

 

 

Wo ai ni~! :D