Revelation

You are my everything

 

“Mwo!?” Juri couldn’t hide her anger anymore. She was utterly surprised when her brother confirmed what she had been thinking.

 

“I apologize noona… but he badly needs a job and Minyoung noona really needs someone to pretend as her boyfriend.” Suho explained, looking down on his feet.

 

“But you shouldn’t have done it! Have you thought of the trouble that this might cause? Have you ever thought of how Minyoung will react once she finds out that Lu Han is not really gay?” Juri started yelling at her brother. Suho just bit his lips and remained quiet while Juri just scoffed and shook her head in disbelief.

 

“I want to meet him…” she spoke up. Suho expected it so he already sent a message to Lu Han and asked him to prepare.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

From: Suho

We have a big problem. My sister is back.

 

From: Suho

She wants to meet you. I already told her the truth. Maybe this is the right time for us to tell Minyoung noona about our secret. We’ll see you in Octagon this evening.

 

Lu Han’s eyes widened in horror after reading the messages sent by Suho. He gulped hard as he realized that the day he had been waiting for finally came.

 

“What’s wrong Lu Ha?” Lay said, reading Lu Han’s face.

 

“It has finally come.  I think I should really tell her the truth.” He just uttered and that left Lay confused.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Kris received a call from Detective Chen and he didn’t expect that he would be easily got all the information that he needed. Chen wanted to meet up with him in a restaurant so he could give all the information Kris asked for.

 

Meeting in the restaurant, Kris anxiously waited for Chen to start his report.

 

“These are all the information I gathered for the past few days. It includes Lu Han’s life story even before he moved here in Seoul and how he met Minyoung.” Chen said, handing a short brown envelope to Kris. Kris carefully took out the pile of papers inside it and began reading it. Meanwhile, Chen continued his report to Kris.

 

“Lu Han was born in Beijing, China. He’s the eldest among the three siblings. He came from a very simple family and his family owns a little fruit and vegetable stand in a market in Beijing.”

 

But I thought he also came from a well-off family? He thought, but didn’t interrupt Chen and just let him continue.

 

“After graduating in high school, Lu Han took an entrance exam for SNU and because he’s a natural genius, he passed the exam and got a full scholarship. Right after that, he moved here in Seoul and he’s been living here for four years. “

 

So that one is true. Kris kept on commenting through his mind.

 

“Living here alone, Lu Han needs to work to support his everyday living. He works as singer in Octagon resto-bar --”

 

“W-Wait. In Octagon resto-bar?” Kris couldn’t keep his silence when he heard the familiar place.

 

“Yes. In Octagon resto-bar, which is owned by Mrs. Choi, one of your family friends. He’s been working there for 2 years now and I got those photos from his evening gigs.” Kris studied the photos which show Lu Han performing in the said resto-bar.

 

“When did you take these photos?” he curiously asked.

 

“Last night and the evening after you gave me the assignment.” Chen simply answered. Kris was impressed how fast he worked on the tasks he gave him.

 

“Now, let’s talk about their connection. You might want to hear more about these.” Chen said and it got Kris to listen more.

 

 “Minyoung lived in Busan for a year. She wanted to live independently to get away from her public and busy life as part of the elite society. But she had to come back home because her dad got sick. The moment she went home, her father told her about the “date” they set up for her. Could you remember any incident connected to that?” He asked Kris and that made him think deeply.

 

“I remember that time when my dad told me about our date. And we met for the first time later that evening.” Kris said.

 

“Exactly. That was the time she also heard about it. Could you recall how she treated that evening? I mean, was she pleased?” Chen asked again – digging to the bottom line of his statement.

 

“She wasn’t pleased. She didn’t even talk to me that much and looked like she didn’t want to be there.” Kris saddened remembering their first meeting.

 

“That’s true. It was because she hates “fixed-marriage” and “set up dates”. And that’s why she came up with a secret plan. That is to have someone pretend as her boyfriend.”

 

So, I’m right they’re just pretending. Kris tightly clenched his fists after hearing this confirmation.

 

“Lu Han’s a close friend of Kim Joonmyun or Suho who happens to be Kim Juri’s younger brother. And Kim Juri is Minyoung’s bestfriend.” Chen started to break down the connection among them. “With Suho’s help, Minyoung was able to find the perfect person to pretend as her boyfriend – it was Lu Han.”

 

Chen took a sip on his drink to have a little pause from talking. After clearing his throat, he continued, “I discovered this café near the university and found Lu Han and Suho talking there once. After they left, I asked one of the cashiers if they were common customers and she said yes. She also said that Lu Han was the one who often visits the place – together with a girl. When I heard that, I thought the she was referring to Minyoung.”

 

“And what did you find out?” Kris questioned.

 

“I was right. I paid the cashier to show me the CCTV in that café. I got a copy of the records for this month and I was a little surprise when I first saw the recording which shows the first meeting of Minyoung and Lu Han.” Chen said, showing another set of still photos from the CCTV to Kris.

 

When Kris looked at the photos, he furrowed his thick eyebrows in confusion. “Why is he wearing a dress?” he asked after seeing the pictures.

 

“Good observation!” Chen exclaimed. “There was actually a little twist in Minyoung’s plan of getting a “fake boyrfriend” – she required a “gay” guy to pretend.” he mentioned.

 

“So Lu Han’s a gay?” Kris asked, petrified.

 

Chen chuckled with the way he reacted. “That was what I thought. But actually, I just learnt about that little twist after I gathered all these information about Lu Han. So the answer is no. As I what I observed, he’s only pretending as a “gay” in front of Minyoung. Just like on the first meeting – he was wearing a dress and a wig to convince Minyoung that he’s a crossdresser type of gay. But if you will look at the other photos I took during his regular days – he’s just wearing a normal outfit, showing his real identity.” Chen concluded.

 

“You can’t just tell if a person’s a gay or not based on what they wear, right?” Kris asked in return.

 

“That’s what I thought too. But a guy who’s been in a long time relationship with a girl shouldn’t be questioned anymore.” Chen said. He flipped through the pages of the bundled papers and when he reached the last photo, he showed it toKris. Kris took it and as he saw the last photo, another question filled his head.

 

“Who’s this girl he’s kissing?” he asked, eager to know.

 

“Xiang Fei – Lu Han’s long-time girlfriend. That photo was taken when he was still in China, though. And I apologize because I wasn’t able to find information about her or even their current status.” Chen said, looked a little dissatisfied with his own research.

 

“So are you telling me that Minyoung doesn’t know that he’s really guy?” Kris wanted to clarify.

 

“With the looks of it, yes young master. And I believe that even until now – she still hasn’t found out about it.” Chen said.

 

Kris heaved a deep sigh after hearing all the revelations he just discovered. “You did everything you could – and it was actually beyond  of my expectation. You were able to get these photos and kept your promise. I’ll be transferring your payment on your bank account. Thank you.” He said. Chen stood up and bowed at him before he completely left Kris in the restaurant.

 

Kris lazily leaned his back on the chair, exhausted. His mind and heart were overwhelmed with all the information he heard from Chen – from Lu Han’s real life status to Minyoung’s plan. But one thing triggered him the most – one thing that made him angrier.

 

A series of flashback hit his head. The first day he met Lu Han, the board meeting, the day in the orphanage and in Minyoung’s parent’s party – he realized something as he remembered all of these events.

 

“The way he touched her, the way he hugged her and the way he kissed her – I knew it!” he uttered. He took the photos and stared at it once again. “He’s just taking advantage of her.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Dajia hao! Gah! Here it is... Well, our detective Chen really works fast, doesn't he? That's actually his role for this story... and he just easily found out those secret with no sweats. OTL

Now, I know you're next question will be...what will happen next?

Well, we're almost there so just hold on tight.

But I want you guys to take a guess...

 

Let me know what you think. Don't forget to post your comments.

Wo ai ni~

Wait, guys... I want to say something.

I want you to vote for me.

Do you understand?

Seriously Kris, what are you doing?

It's a secret. They'll know once they vote for me. 

Aish~ Don't mind him guys.

Anyway, bye for now! 

*credtis to all the owners of these gifs.