The Princess

You are my everything

 

It is a sunny morning in Sasang-gu, a small district in Busan. Just like any ordinary day, the people start the day busily. From the wet market, small school and to each corner of the street -- the sense of a busy day could be really seen.

 

Minyoung works as a community teacher in a small town in Sasang-gu. Every morning, she would prepare the school materials and bring them with her as she walks her way to the plaza. She wouldn't mind the heavy books and scorching heat of the sun as she goes to this place every day. However, this is totally different from her way of living when she was still in Seoul. She lived like a princess, well that’s because Minyoung came from an elite family.

 

"Good morning children!"

 

"Good morning seonsaengnim!"

 

She greeted the little boys and girls as she gathered them in the plaza. Even though she came from a rich family, Minyoung doesn't like the idea of flaunting it. Here in Sasang-gu, she found the simple life she had been looking for. Plain and simple -- just exactly how she likes it.

 

"Today, I'll teach you the alphabets. Did you bring your books with you?"

 

"Ne seonsaengnim." the little kids answered in chorus.

 

When Minyoung arrived in this town, she was aware that some parents here were unable to send their kids to school. Because of that, she prepared enough materials like books and bags for these children and gave it for free. And yes, she has been doing this for a year -- for free.

 

Unlike any other "rich kid", Minyoung stays humble and discreet with her true economic status. That's another reason why she chose to live in this small district -- far from the busier and complicated life in Seoul.

 

"A is for apple, B is for banana, C is for cat...now who can give an example for D?"

 

The children excitedly raised their hands to answer her question.

 

"Yes Jaesu?"

 

"Ne. D is for dog!" he exclaimed.

 

"Very good!" and they all applauded.

 

This is how Minyoung's day starts and the class usually lasts for 2 hours.

 

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

"Annyeong seonsaengnim! Kamsahamnida!" The little ones said as they bid goodbye to her.

 

"Annyeong!" and she waved back.

 

Her day in teaching is over. She started to fix the school materials and put them in place. Suddenly her friend and personal assistant, Cho hee, came. 

Cho Hee (ulzzang)


"Agassi (young lady/miss), let me help you here."

 

"Cho hee, gwaenchana. And I told you not to call me "agassi" as long as we are here, right?"

 

"Mianhaeyo."

 

When Minyoung decided to live on her own, her parents allowed her unhesitantly. She wanted to know what it feels like of living independently but her parents still made sure that she would be fine so they asked Cho Hee to come with her. Cho Hee, one of their personal assistants, is the closest to Minyoung. They are both in the same age so Minyoung feels very comfortable with her and treats her like a friend.

 

"Oh! Minyoung, your eomma called earlier. She said that you have to return her call as soon as possible.” Cho Hee informed her.

 

“Why? Did something happen?”

 

“I’m sorry, she didn’t say anything.” And she slightly bowed.

 

Minyoung just nodded and quickly took her cellphone out. She dialed her mom’s number and just waited on the line. She couldn’t deny the sudden anxiety she felt about what Cho Hee told her. Since she left Seoul, her parents seldom called her as per her request. So when her mom surprisingly called today, she knew that something wasn’t right.

 

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hello! Butler Kim, this is Minyoung.”

 

“Oh. Agassi! Joseonghamnida!” Mr. Kim, the mansion’s butler, got really surprised to hear their agassi’s voice after a long time.

 

Butler Kim (Actor Song Kang Ho)

“Butler Kim, where’s eomma?”

 

“Oh, Madam is in her room, I’ll connect you now.” He immediately transferred the call to Mrs. Park’s room.

 

“Eomma!” Minyoung excitedly exclaimed over the phone.

 

“Oh dear! I’m glad you called. How are you?”

Mrs. Park (Actress Kim Young Ae)

 

 

“I’m doing well, eomma! But why did you call earlier?”

 

Mrs. Park became quiet when she heard her daughter asked. She couldn’t seem to find the right words to explain what happened to Mr. Park – Minyoung’s father.

 

“Well dear, your appa has been stubborn again and… I already told him to rest but he didn’t listen…so…” her mom just kept on stuttering.

 

“Eomma, can you just get it straight? What happened to appa?”

 

“He got rushed to the hospital because of high blood pressure…”

 

Upon hearing this, Minyoung gently touched her temple as she remembered her last wish to her appa. She knows how workaholic her father can be, so she keeps on reminding him to take good care of himself. But apparently, he didn’t listen this time.

 

“How is he now?”

 

“The doctor let him rest at home, but he still needs to be monitored. Another reason why I called earlier was because he told me to do so. Your appa misses you so much Minyoung-ah. He wants you to come back now.”

 

“But eomma…”

 

“Please dear, can you do it for eomma and appa?”

 

She totally misses her parents too so when she heard these words, she immediately made a decision to go back home.

 

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Two days later, Minyoung and Cho Hee already arrived in Seoul. Just like before, Minyoung received another grand welcome from a group of maid and their personal butler, Mr. Kim.

 

“Welcome back Young Miss!” and they all politely bowed a 90-degree angle as Minyoung entered the house. She bowed back at them and quickly went straight to her parents’ room.

 

The moment she went inside the room, her mom lovingly embraced her and she smiled at her.

 

“Thank you Minyoung-ah. We really missed you.”

 

“I missed you too eomma. Where’s appa?”

 

“He’s on his bed right now, reading some paper works.”

 

Minyoung walked towards the bed and his appa finally noticed her presence.

Mr. Park (Actor Noh Joo Hyeon)

“Oh! Minyoung-ah, is that really you my daughter?”

 

“Appa!” and she walked towards him and gave him a tight hug. Minyoung started to be teary seeing her father in this condition.

 

“Aww.. uljima! Appa is fine.” Being the jolly father, Mr. Park cheered her daughter as he wiped her tears.

 

“Appa! Why are you stubborn?  I told you to take good care of yourself, right? Don’t you know that I got so worried about you” and Minyoung started to nag at her father.

 

Mr. Park chuckled as she could see his princess worried about him, “Aigoo. Minyoung-ah, you just came back home and you’re already giving me a sermon. Have you already eaten? You look like you lost a lot of weight.”

 

Minyoung shook her head like a little child and this made her parents giggled.

 

“Omo! Wait a minute, yeobo, can you please tell Butler Kim to prepare the table, we’ll go ahead and have a feast today because our Minyoung has come back.”

 

“Appa, eomma, there’s no need for that. Let’s just have a small dinner here inside your room, besides you need to take a rest. Now I’m back, I want you and eomma to take a rest from work, araji?” she commanded.

 

“Araseo, my princess.” Mrs. Park sat beside her as she rubbed her back and turned to her husband, “Yeobo, you need to listen to Minyoung this time.”

 

“Aish, araseo, araseo… how can I say no to the queen and the princess of my life?” and with that the Park family shared a good laugh.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Annyeoghaseyo! First chapter is up! What can you say about it? Sorry, it's not so exciting yet... but I will post the next chapter later on. So please anticipate~

And oh, what can you say of Korean actors and actress I added? I just realized that maybe it would be more realistic if we have starred in this story as well. Hehehe. There will be more stars in the next chapters so look forward to that. :D

Please tell me what you think. Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Someone's waiting for you on the next chappie -- but I won't tell who it is. LOL!