Face your fear

You are my everything

 

“Where are you taking me?” Minyoung asked for the third time as Kris’ eyes focused on the road.

 

“To Namsan Tower.” He simply answered.

 

Minyoung’s eyes widened in horror when she heard the place where they’re going to. She heard about Namsan Tower and the Locks of Love before, but she hasn’t been there – even just once. It is not because she doesn’t like the idea of Locks of Love, she actually finds it rather romantic. But it is because Minyoung has fear of heights. She has heard how high the tower is, and just to think of it can already give her the creeps.

 

She tried to be as calm as possible because she didn’t want Kris to sense the fear she felt.

 

“A-And why are we going there?”

 

“I told you, I’m going to show you something, right?” and he continued to drive.

 

Is he going to kill me? Argh! She hissed in thought.

 

Meanwhile, Kris was trying his best to hide his smile because of his ideas. He already knew the fact that Minyoung has fear of heights, but he has been planning something in mind.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

(N Grill)

When Kris and Minyoung reached their destination, they went straight to top floor of the Namsan Tower. They arrived in N Grill, the famous and unique revolving restaurant in Namsan Tower, and a waiter approached them.

 

“I reserved a table for two yesterday.” Kris said.

 

“This way, Sir.” And the waiter led them to their reserved seat. Minyoung suddenly felt another fear when she saw the huge glass windows exactly where their table was located to. Kris walked his way to their table but Minyoung just stayed on her position.

 

“K-Kris, we just had our dinner, right? Don’t tell me we’re going to eat again.” She said. Actually, she was just trying to make an excuse.

 

“Not really. But come here, I want to show you something.” He demanded. Minyoung shook her head as her knees got weaker.

 

Kris walked towards her and he already noticed how her body trembled because of fear.

 

“Close your eyes…” he gently spoken. Minyoung had no idea what he was trying to do but her eyes voluntarily did what he said – perhaps, because she was also scared. Kris went to her back and led her to the huge glass windows.

 

“Now, slowly open your eyes.” He whispered.

 

She shook her head as a sign of hesitation so Kris let out a small sigh, “You won’t see the beauty before you if you don’t open your eyes.”

 

Minyoung gulped first before she finally made a decision to slowly open her eyes. And the moment she opened her eyes, a breathtaking view of Seoul at night greeted her.

 

 

“What can you say?” Kris was still at her back and his hands were on the top of her shoulders.

 

“I-It’s beautiful…” she uttered – still amazed with the beautiful scenery in front of her. The bright lights of the city, the tall buildings – she found everything beautiful and she didn’t realize that there was such an awesome view from a high place like this tower.

 

“All of us have something that we’re scared of. But the best thing to conquer those is to face it. Once we learn to face all of these fears, we would realize the beautiful things that are waiting for us. These beautiful things that have always been there – but we refuse to see it because we’re afraid.” Kris started to say things deeply. Minyoung was completely captured by the view before her so she couldn’t stop but smile – on the other hand, Kris was very satisfied to see her smile again like that.

 

“I know that you haven’t been here before and I also learnt about your fear of heights.” Kris confessed.

 

“You really did a research about me, then?”

 

“Well, I had to. Besides, I also realized that the way you deal with your fear is like how you deal with me.” This statement made Minyoung turn around. But she didn’t expect that Kris was standing close to her so when she turned around to face him, there was just a small distance between their bodies.

 

Kris looked deeply through her eyes as he held her waist and she couldn’t seem to do anything like his stares completely have her frozen.

 

 

“My assumption was correct, right? You have this kind of fear in me – that kind of fear to know me better. You’re afraid just because you’ve heard these “things” about me. It’s like how you think that this Tower is dangerous for you.” Kris uttered each word with a serious tone.

 

Omo! Why is he saying these words while looking at me like this? She thought. But she wouldn’t deny that he made a point with this statement. She must admit that she didn’t know him well enough but she has this kind of fear because of the rumours that surrounded his name. For some strange reason, she felt guilty about it.

 

Minyoung cleared before she quickly pulled away from him. “I’m sorry…” she suddenly said.

 

“…I’m sorry for judging you. You’re right, maybe it’s because of this fear. But you can’t blame me because I’m just protecting myself.”

 

“Well, I understand. But have you ever wondered that I might have a good side too?” and these words hit her. It reminded her of what her eomma always says.

 

“Mianhae…” she bowed her head as she felt completely bad towards him.

 

Kris walked closer to her and smiled, “Don’t be sorry. I’d be happy if we start all over again…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Kris. Can we be friends?” and he extended his hand to her for a handshake. Minyoung blinked her eyes a couple of times before she slightly bowed and made the handshake with him. Friends? Does it mean that he’s not interested in me anymore? This thought made her feel relieved.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Meanwhile, Lu Han went back to Octagon resto-bar and when he arrived, he immediately checked the crowd. Minyoung was not there anymore so he looked for Lay. But as he looked for him, Mrs. Choi found her.

 

“Hey, Lu Han! Where have you been?”

 

Lu Han gulped when she approached him, “Ahm, Mianhae Manager Choi, I just had to run some errands earlier.”.

 

“I see. I thought something really bad happened…” and she pat his shoulder, but suddenly, Lay arrived. “Oh Lay, glad to see you here. Ms. Park wanted to commend you for your great service today. She actually approached me just to tell me that. Good job!” and she also pat Lay’s shoulder before she left. Lay smiled when he heard another good commendation given by a customer.

 

“Lu Han, you’re back. I thought, you wouldn’t come back here anymore.” He said as he turned to Lu Han.

 

“Well, I had to. So, what was that commendation?”

 

“Mrs. Choi asked me to serve two VIP customers earlier. I think they’re couples since they look good together, but the guy looks scary. He’s so lucky with the girl though because she’s so beautiful. Actually, she looked familiar. I know she’s been here before, but I just couldn’t remember when. All I know is her name, -- Mrs. Choi just reminded me.” Lay said as he carefully put the glasses on the counter. “Park, yeah, that’s her last name…”

 

Park? Well, that’s a very common last name. Lu Han suddenly thought.

 

Lay scratched his head as he tried to remember the previous customer’s name. “I can’t remember her first name, but it’s pretty famous. I need to remember her name so next time she comes back, I can greet her too.” And he’s starting to get frustrated because he couldn’t remember it.

 

Lu Han sat next to him and helped him to remember her name, “Let’s see, can you remember the first letter of her name?” he started to ask him.

 

“Ahm, it sounds like… Park M-Mi... Aish, I can’t remember it!”

 

“Park Minyoung?”

 

“Yes! That’s right! She’s Park Minyoung! Wait a minute – is the person who gave you the other job named Minyoung too? Don’t tell me she’s the same person?” Lay exclaimed.

 

Lu Han dropped his jaw when he confirmed it. So it was really her then, but who was the guy she’s with? “Yes, she’s the same person.”

 

“Omo! Then, who’s the guy she’s with?” Lay just uttered what on his thoughts.

 

Lu Han remained quiet but deep within, he’s also filled with questions. Is she with the Chinese guy her parents set her up with? But why are they still dating? I thought she doesn’t like him. He just heaved a deep sigh and left with a troublesome mind.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Kris drove Minyoung on her way home and the moment they arrived, the two just stayed inside the car for a while.

 

“Thank you…” they both uttered at the same time. It made Minyoung to chuckle so Kris just let her speak first.

 

“Thank you for driving me home.”

 

“No, thank you for spending another time with me. I hope that you enjoyed everything.” Kris said.

 

“I did. I’ll go inside now. Drive safely.” She was about to get off the car when Kris grabbed her hand.

 

“I’ll still see you right?”

 

Minyoung was taken aback with his question. Is he still expecting another date? I thought we’re just friends now.

 

“I mean, maybe we can still hang out next time – just like what friends do.” Kris seemed to be reading her mind.

 

“Ahh, s-sure. Of course. Friends do hang out sometimes. Alright Kris, I have to go now. Take care!” and she completely got off the car. Kris made sure that she got inside the house safely. When Minyoung was not on his sight anymore, a smirk formed his lips.

 

Soon, you will also be mine – Park Minyoung.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's note:

Bad Kris... bad, bad, bad... 

Haha!

Hello my lovely readers! Another update for everyone!

Omo! Kris had another point on this one... Tsk. Did he also make you fall in love with those lines and moves? Hmm..

Lu Han, where are you!? Kris is gaining a lot of points now.

But Mrs. Sarang, you're the one who's writing the story...

Oh! Yeah, sorry. Pabo! Don't worry, your time will come. ^^

Araseo! I'll just wait then!

Thanks for understanding Lu! <3

Anyway, I'd just like to know...

 

Thanks everyone! Please don't forget to comment and subscribe! Wo ai ni~

*Credits to all the owners of these gifs and photos. :)