31

Baby Daddy (Discontinued)

Mrs. Bang pushed the cart around the produce aisle, while Hana was playing with her stuffed cat. “So we need apples,” Mama Bang said. She looked at the bright red apples, “How many should we get Hana?” She looked at her granddaughter, and Hana looked up at her grandmother with her big brown eyes. She scrunched up her eyebrows and stared at the ground, it looked like she was actually thinking about it like she understood what her Mama Bang had just asked. While Hana was silent, Mama Bang got a plastic bag, “How about we get four?” She held up her four fingers, showing them to Hana, “Four,”

                Hana looked up with shaped in an ‘o’ shape. “Phour…”

                Mama Bang blinked and shrugged, “Close enough,” She patted Hana’s head and smiled at her, which she received a smile back. Mama Bang got four bright red apples and placed in the bag and placed them in the cart. “Let’s see what else we need for the apartment,” she pushed the cart around the produce, “Should we make something for the boys, Hana?”

                It was like Hana understood what her grandmother had said; with a big smile on her face she nodded her head. Mama Bang laughed at her adorable granddaughter and pushed her around the aisles.

 

-----

 

It has been an hour or so and Yongguk was still in a quandary on what he should write. He groaned into his hands, he has never had this bad of a block, songwriting had always been easy to him, it was natural to him, but now he’s completely uncertain on what to write about. Yongguk was seriously cogitating where or not he should just give up. But Yongguk knew himself too well for that, he could never give up (because he seriously need to get this done), not only was this for his final, but this was a part of his dreams. Songwriting was everything to Yongguk; if everything wasn’t complicated he may have achieved that dream.

                He heard the door opened and he saw Himchan come in view. “I thought you coming back later?”

                Himchan shrugged, “I thought I was too, but I really didn’t want to stay in the library too long. It makes me feel like I’m some type of nerd, or something.”

                Yongguk looked at him with his eyebrows raised, he knew Himchan cared about his grades more than anything, even girls (shocker!), and when it comes to his finals he’ll be studying a storm in the library, so something there must’ve set him off, and Yongguk may have a hint. “Was it one of the girls you ‘dated’ but never called back?”

                “How’d you guess?”

                “A lucky guess,” Yongguk shrugged, “Who was it this time?”

                “Jaekyung,”

                “The girl you went on that date with a several weeks ago?” Himchan nodded his head. “I thought you liked her.”

                “She’s nice and has an amazing body,” Himchan grinned, which earned a scoff from Yongguk, “but there’s this thing that I don’t like about her.”

                “What?”

                “She’s a clinger,”

                “Ahh,”

                Now Yongguk understands. If there’s anything that Himchan hates is a clinger, I mean Himchan can be a hypocrite, he’s a clinger too, but her clinginess was borderline dangerous. If Yongguk remembers correctly he heard Youngjae shouting his head off (which earned a slap to the head; Hana was sleeping and he woke her up) about how Himchan at getting a right girlfriend, and Himchan surprisingly agreed with him. And Himchan rarely agrees with Youngjae.

                And this topic of ‘girlfriends’ was no other than Kim Jaekyung herself. Youngjae was going off about how Himchan needed a girl that can take care of him, because he was an irresponsible S.O.B. that didn’t really care for anyone’s feelings (“What a total .” in the words of Youngjae).

 

(Yongguk still wonders who’s really the older one between the two, while the two youngest wonders how Youngjae can be so cruel with his words but have such deep meaning behind it. I honestly don’t think anyone will understand the ways of Yoo Youngjae to be quite honest.)

 

                So when Youngjae, out of the blue, met Himchan’s new ‘girlfriend’ (the girls Himchan sees weren’t really his girlfriends, but some of them thought they were) and he noticed how the girl was so clingy towards him, and you can just see the face of Himchan’s; he was really uncomfortable. Youngjae knew by heart that clingy girls are a big no-no towards Himchan and so that’s why Youngjae literally threw a little fit.

                The young boy only wanted to get his hyung a great girlfriend that’ll actually last longer than 2 weeks. Youngjae may be an himself, but he does have a heart and he wants his hyung to get girlfriend that’ll actually fit his criteria.

 

(Again, it’s terrifying how Youngjae can easily become a devil and an angel in a nano second. “He’s such a two face monster, that little brat.” In the words of Himchan.)

 

                “So you basically ditch the library?” Yongguk questioned, as he watched slightly younger man sit down on the chair.

                “Yep,” Himchan stretched his limbs, “Once I saw her I basically ran out of there.”

                Yongguk couldn’t help but laugh at the situation Himchan was in. He glanced down at the blank sheet and sighed, he placed the blank sheet in the folder it belonged to and never looked at it again that night.

                Both men heard the door opened and saw the four youngsters coming in view, “We have company.” Said Daehyun, going straight to the kitchen.

                “Who?” asked both Yongguk and Himchan. Right there both Yongguk and Himchan saw three females entering the living room.

                “Why the hell are you guys here?” Yongguk asked them.

                “Hyosung unnie wanted to see Hana because she never saw her yet.” Jieun told him.

                “Who?” Himchan asked, confused on who’s Hyosung.

                “Oh, you haven’t met her yet,” Yongguk said, “That’s Hyosung,” pointing to the girl with her hair cut above her shoulders, “I work with her and she’s friends Jieun.”

                “Well why am I not surprised,”

                Jieun glared at the man, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

                “Nothing,”

                “Noonas?” The girls turned to Jongup, who just got out of his uniform, “Hana’s not here.”

                The girl immediately turned to Yongguk for answers. “She’s with my mom.” Was what they got.

                “Why did your mom take Hana out?” Zinger asked.

                “Apples,”

                “Apples?”

                “Apples,”

                 Everyone looked at the male like he was going crazy or something, confused as to why he was saying ‘apples’.

                “Are you on something?” Himchan asked him.  

                Yongguk glared at the man, “No, my mom took Hana out to get apples because she wanted some.”

                “Okay that makes sense.”

 

To say things were awkward would be an understatement; it was beyond awkward. Everyone was in the living room, the living room was not that small but it wasn’t big either, but surprisingly they all fit. The young high schoolers were sitting down on the floor by the coffee table doing their homework. Well only Jongup and Zelo were, Daehyun was eating and Youngjae was just playing a game on his phone. The girls haven’t left because they still wanted to see Hana and they decided to wait, the other guys were just sitting side by side, not knowing what to do. Usually Jieun would break the ice, but Hyosung decided to break it instead.

                “Well this is really awkward and I think we should talk about something.”

                “Like what?” Youngjae asked, still playing with his phone.

                Hyosung smirked at the younger, even he wasn’t looking. “Love,”

 

------

 

Mama Bang was already done buying everything she needed to make food for the boys, so she left the supermarket and deciding that it was still quite early to be going back to the apartment Mama Bang decided to go shopping. She was in the kid’s store looking at the little cute outfits for Hana.

                There so much to choose from Mama Bang wanted to buy them all, but knowing her son he’ll throw a hissy fit knowing that she spent so much money. But Yongguk should also know his mother that she doesn’t really listen to her son whatsoever.

                So there was Mama Bang looking through the many clothing she could get for Hana. Mama Bang held Hana’s hand while she looked through the outfits and would occasionally take one and see if the outfit looked okay or not. It was obvious that Mama Bang was having a lot of fun picking out outfits and seeing if they look cute and little Hana would just smile and follow her grandmother whatever she did.

                “Looks like your daddy is going to need a bigger closet to fill up your new wardrobe.” And all Hana did was just laugh.

 

-------

 

“Love?”

                “Love,” Hyosung said, smiling at the confused faces that were plastered on everyone’s face.

                “Why love? Of all topics you could think of, why love?” asked Yongguk.

                “Well, we’re grown-ups we can handle this topic. It’s not like I’m asking you to join a gang, I’m just asking you about your love life.”

                “I guess its fine,” Daehyun said, while wiping his hands with a napkin. Youngjae turned to him and stared. “If its fine why don’t you start with your ‘love life’.” Youngjae told him.

                “Why? You know everything about me; we’ve been in the same class ever since I’ve been to Seoul. You know everything. Even if I didn’t tell you, you will still end up finding out it.”

                “Yeah that’s true,” Youngjae nodded his head, “Okay let’s start with someone else.”

                “But I want to hear more about your love life,” Hyosung encouraged, “More in depth, please.”

                “Why are you so curious about his love life?” Himchan asked.

                “I’m in my 20s and my boyfriend is a pain my , I need something else that’ll excite my life. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

                As each word that fell from Hyosung’s mouth Himchan and youngsters (Jongup & Zelo) would feel the intimidating feel that Hyosung gave off. She had this devilish aura, with a hint of mischievousness, which frightens them greatly. Yongguk, Jieun, and Zinger were already used to this side of Hyosung, seeing it many times before. And Daehyun and Youngjae weren’t even affected by the feeling.

                “Well if I’m talking about my love life I don’t really have one. Well at the moment I guess. I used to have a girlfriend when I was in elementary school but that doesn’t really count. I don’t count elementary relationships.”

                Hyosung nodded her head, “Smart, I like that.” She grinned at Daehyun before turning to Youngjae. “How about you baby cheeks?”

                Everyone snickered at the random nickname that Hyosung gave Youngjae just now. Youngjae glared at everyone before glaring at Hyosung, “Don’t call me that.”

                Hyosung smiled, “I’m not going to stop, so continue.”

                Youngjae frowned and crossed his arms, “There’s really nothing to continue, I’ve never had a girlfriend.”

                Everyone gasped. Very dramatically I might add. “That’s a lie hyung.” Zelo told him.

                “I’m not lying; I’ve never had a girlfriend. I had crushes, but never girlfriends.”

                “Oh you poor thing,” Himchan said, suddenly getting emotional. “When this is over hyung will find you girlfriend.” He left his seat and went to hug the teenager with all his might. Youngjae made a face and pushed him away. “I’m not letting you find me a girlfriend, and besides I don’t need one right now.”

                Himchan gaped at the younger boy and stared at him, “What are you trying to say? I can’t be a good wingman?!”

                “No, I’m saying your type of girlfriends .”

                Himchan and Youngjae continued to argue about who’s a better wingman and what type of girl was girlfriend material. It was then later turning into insults; they continued to impugn each other with their insults while the others looked on watching them fight.

                Yongguk turned to Hyosung, who was smiling. “Is this exciting for you?”

                “Oh yeah, totally.”

                Jieun smiled, “It’s nice that you didn’t change over the years, unnie.”

                Zinger laughed, “I don’t think Hyosung unnie will ever change her ways.”


I'm so sorry!! You have no idea how sorry I am! I was supposed to post this on Sunday but I never got the chance because I was so tired from the previous day! Everything was crazy that my mind was all over the place. I feel really bad for delaying this chapter, and I tried making it longer and good for you guys but I don't know if I did. I feel really bad, like you have no idea. I'm the worst, and it that I hear rain pouring down outside my window. That was pretty off topic but I do feel bad, like seriously. I promise not miss a schedule date for the future chapters.

But I do hope you guys like it!

Comment & Subscribe~