25

Baby Daddy (Discontinued)

Hana was playing with Daehyun’s fingers, totally fascinated by them. “Ooh~” was all was heard from her. Daehyun looked at her playing with his fingers; he let out a smile, admiring the little baby. Daehyun then looked at the two females. They were both smiling and laughing, like they haven’t seen each other for ages. He then looked at the other two adults and saw the two of them lazily watching TV. Daehyun could only shake his head at the sight of that.

                While looking around, Daehyun suddenly felt a stinging pain shot through his finger, which led him to let out a small shout. He looked down and saw that Hana was biting his finger. “Hana!” She let go of his finger and laughed. “That’s not something to laugh about!” Daehyun cried out. He heard laughing and it wasn’t coming from Hana. The sound of that annoying laughter, Daehyun could easily figure out who it was. He looked up and saw Youngjae laughing at him, his finger pointing towards him. “Dude!”

                “Oh yeah, just to let you know Hana has a tooth.” Himchan told Yongguk.

                Yongguk looked at him. “Really?” Himchan nodded his head.

                “Ooh~ I want to see!” Jieun squealed and got up to get Hana. Jieun passed by Youngjae, who was still laughing at Daehyun, while Daehyun had a pained expression. Jieun paid no attention to them and picked Hana up and brought her to her and Zinger’s seat. Jieun sat Hana down on her lap and gently opened Hana’s mouth. Hana refused to open and shook her head. “Please Hana. Just for a little bit.” Jieun, again, gently opened Hana’s mouth and this time Hana abide to it. And there it was Hana’s tooth right in the front. Both Jieun and Zinger squealed. “Her first tooth!”

                “I wanna see!” Zelo and Jongup got up from their seats and went to see Hana’s first tooth. “It’s so small!” Zelo cried out.

                “Well Junhong-ah, Hana is a baby after all.” Zinger informed the younger one.

                “Oh yeah.”

                “Okay guys; let’s have the daddy see it.” Jieun teased Yongguk with name. Yongguk gazed at Jieun with a heavy stare. Jieun gave Hana to Yongguk and he held on to her.

                “Saw ah~” Yongguk opened his mouth wide telling Hana to do the same. Hana smiled and did the same as her father. Just like the others, Yongguk saw the tooth in the front. Yongguk smiled. “Looks like someone is growing up~” Yongguk snuggled his face up into Hana’s neck, causing her to have a fit of giggles.

                Jieun looked at Yongguk and Hana with a smile. There you go, Yongguk. You’re acting like a true father. “Okay it’s getting late and it’s time for bed.” The boys whined, like they were a bunch of five year olds, and began protesting. “Not you guys; Hana.” The boys stopped complaining and nodded their heads understanding what Jieun was trying to say. “Idiots” The boys let out a string or protests, but quickly shut up after Jieun gave them ‘the’ look.

                Yongguk was ordered to put Hana to sleep, so he picked her up and went to Daehyun’s room (they really need to get a new apartment, a place where it has more rooms; their place has rooms for each person to have one, why can’t they have one more?) Yongguk placed Hana under the covers and hushed her to sleep, but sadly Hana wasn’t feeling sleepy. So she rolled out of the covers and started kicking her feet. Yongguk sighed, “Hana. Daddy’s sleepy, so Hana should go to sleep too.” But Hana paid no attention to him and continued to do what she’s doing. Yongguk groaned and slumped down to the ground.

                A knocking was heard and Daehyun’s head popped in. “You okay, hyung?”

                “No.” Yongguk mumbled.

                “What’s wrong?” Daehyun entered the room with the door closing behind him.

                “Hana won’t go to sleep.”

                “Then sing her a song.” Daehyun suggested. Yongguk looked at him like he was trying to say ‘do-I-look-like-a-singer?’ Daehyun sighed. “Fine. I’ll sing her a song.” Daehyun sat next to Yongguk and opened his mouth and started to sing.

 

Happy birthday to you

Areumdaun nae sarang

Baby, only for you

Niga isseo haengbokhae

Happy birthday to you

Oneulcheoreom yeongwonhi

Baby, only for you

Urin hamkke halgeoya

 

                Yongguk watched as Hana slowly stopped kicking and started falling into dreamland listening to Daehyun sing. Daehyun’s soft and slow steady pace was able to bring Hana to sleep very easily. When Daehyun was done singing, Yongguk patted his back, “Look who’s on bed time duty.”

                Daehyun sighed and shook his head, “No that’s still your job.”

                “But Dae!”

                “No, let me finish.” Daehyun said, with his hand up in Yongguk’s face telling him to be quiet. He could feel Yongguk frown against his hand, emphasizing he’s upset with this. “I won’t put Hana to sleep because that’s your job as her father. But I will help out, if you need it that is.”

                “Yes. I need it! I’m still new to this!” Yongguk frantically said, pushing Daehyun’s hand away from his face.

                “I figured.”

                “Of course. Everyone has their doubts about me.”

                “Yep. Now let’s go, I’m hungry.” Daehyun said, getting up and running out the door.

                Yongguk got up as well and left the room, leaving the door cracked opened. “You’re always hungry.”

 

 

----------

 

 

“How did you guys meet?” Himchan asked Jieun and Zinger, as Daehyun and Yongguk came out.

                “I want to know too.” Yongguk said, while taking a seat next to Himchan. “Since I know Jieun, she never really had any girl friends, besides Sunhwa.”

                “You make it sound like I’m a loner.” Jieun said, frowning.

                “I didn’t mean it like that.”

                “Yes he did.” Himchan and Youngjae said, smiling. They obviously want Yongguk to suffer for some apparent reason. Yongguk glared at them, not really enjoying whatever they were doing.

                “Like I was saying before, you had friends. A lot of them. But you were only really close to Sunhwa, since you two grew up together. That’s what I’m trying to say.”

                Jieun nodded her head understanding what Yongguk was trying to say. She turned to Zinger, who was looking at her. “I guess it’s time for story time.”

                Zinger laughed. “I guess it is.”

 

 

 

/Flashback/

 

 

It was official. Jieun was done with high school. She, Sunhwa, Himchan and Yongguk had just graduated and they entered the lovely summer break. The four of them all got accepted to their dream Universities. They were all going to college, well except for Jieun.

                Jieun was accepted to a University, but she didn’t feel like going to school just yet. So she decided to take a year off to herself; her gap year. And what better way to spend that in Incheon.

                It was the beginning of summer and Jieun was packing some things for her leave to Incheon. Sunhwa was there in Jieun’s room on her bed, pouting. “Why do you have to go?! Who am I going to talk to?!”

                “I want to go because I can and we can still talk. I mean I’m only like a few hours away.” Jieun told her. Sunhwa crossed her arms being stubborn, as well turning her head, not daring to look at Jieun, with a pout plastered on her face. “C’mon Sun. You can come visit me on the weekends and you can even sleep over. Wouldn’t that be nice?” Sunhwa still refused to look at Jieun, her pout becoming bigger. Jieun went to go sit next to her best friend, nudging her with her elbow. “Huh?” Sunhwa took a quick glance towards Jieun, but still remained stubborn. “We could have our movie night that we always had when we were little munchkins. Your choice.” Sunhwa blinked before turning to Jieun with a smile on her face, nodding her head, telling her okay. Jieun laughed and threw her arms around Sunhwa. “I love you!” Sunhwa laughed, as well throwing her arms around Jieun.

                “I love you too!”

                “Aww~”

                The girls turned to the door and saw two smiling young boys. “Yongguk? Himchan? What are you guys doing here?” Jieun asked.

                “We wanted to send our friend off.” Himchan said. He ran to Jieun’s bed and plopped down on it, Yongguk following in suit.

                “Guys, I’m going to Incheon, not leaving the country.”

                “Still, you’re leaving us alone. I mean, poor Sunhwa. All alone without her best friend.” Yongguk told her.

                Sunhwa nodded her head with a frown on her face. “Yeah! I’m going to be alone with these two!”

                “Hey!”

                “Quiet the two of you!”

                “Sunhwa, you also have Kwanghee, you know you’re boyfriend.”

                Sunhwa scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I do. But the guy is going to medical school! He won’t have time for me!”

                “You have us.” Himchan stated, his head was on Jieun’s pillow with his hands behind his head. Sunhwa looked at him and back at Jieun in horror.

                “Please don’t leave me!” She cried out. Jieun gave her a pity look but still continued to pack.

                “As hurtful as that was Sunhwa, I just realized what you just said.”

                “And what was that?” Sunhwa rolled her eyes, just as Himchan said, “Kwanghee is going to medical school, to become a doctor.” Sunhwa stopped her eye roll and stared blankly ahead. “Oh my freaking god, we’re going to do die!”

                “You have little faith in him.” Yongguk stated, who was now sitting on Jieun’s chair by her desk.

                “Have you met him?!” Sunhwa turned to Yongguk.

                “Yes I have. Weird kid, but he seems capable of doing something serious.” Sunhwa pouted. “He’s your boyfriend, Sunhwa. Have faith in the boy.”

                Jieun and Himchan clapped their hands and cheered. “What a speech!” Yongguk rolled his eyes at the two.

                Sunhwa sighed. “You’re right, sadly enough, but still you’re right. I do have little faith in Kwanghee. Maybe if I believe in him and trust him, he could do this and become an amazing doctor.”

                Yongguk smiled. “There you go.”

                Jieun smiled at Yongguk. He noticed the girl smiling at him and he gave her a questioning look. Jieun still had the smile on her face, “You’re going to be a great father.” Yongguk continued to stare at the girl like she was insane. “Okay.” He said, dragging out the ‘y’.

 


 

“What? You told Yongguk hyung he was going to be a great father?” Youngjae asked, interrupting Jieun’s story. “Were you high or something?”

                Jieun glared at the younger guy. “At the time he would’ve made a great father. How he handle Sunhwa was like handling your selfish teenage daughter.”

                “Yeah, yeah. Continue with the story.” Daehyun ushered.

                Jieun sighed, “Okay then.”

 


 

The two boys continued to stay at Jieun’s place before she had to leave. They all talked about the most random things. They talked for so long that they didn’t notice it was getting late and it takes a while for Jieun to get to Incheon.

                Jieun was outside packing all of her stuff into her car. “Jieun-ah!” Jieun turned around to see her mother running towards her with a bag full of cookies.

                “Omma, really? Cookies aren’t a good choice for the road.” Jieun told her, but taking the bag from her anyways.

 


“Your mom makes the best cookies.” Daehyun said, sighing dreamily.

                Youngjae looked at him with his face all scrunched up. “Do you ever stop thinking about food?”

                “Nope. Please continue noona.”

                Youngjae only rolled his eyes at the boy. “Yes, noona. Please continue.”

 


 

“It’s a good snack for the road. Goodness, I’m going to miss you!” Jieun’s mother cried out, throwing her arms around her only child. Jieun could only pat her back, telling her everything is going to be okay. Mrs. Song pulled away from Jieun, soft sobs her heard from her. She wanted to tell Jieun something, but more tears started to fall.

                “God, omma, I’m just going to be a few hours away.”

                “But you’re still going to be away from me!”

                “Please. Omma, you can always visit and I’ll come visit you on the weekends.”

                “Please don’t do that. That’s too much gas money.”       

                Jieun looked at her mother in disbelief. “Then why are you crying?!”

                “Because you’re leaving me! Jieun, I know that you’re an adult now, but you’re my only daughter,”

                “I am your only daughter.”

                “I love you and I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

                Jieun smiled at her mother. She was overprotective, yes, but Jieun loved her mother no matter what she is. “I know. But I’ll be okay. I have a mother that taught me well.” Mrs. Song smiled and hugged her daughter.

                “I love you, sweetie.”

                “I love you too, mommy. But I really need to get going.”

                “Oh! You should! Okay…umm…I love you and call, visit, whatever. Okay?”

                “Okay, omma. I’ll call you when I get there.”

 


 

“Sorry to interrupt, but I’m really hungry.” Daehyun said, giving Jieun a sheepish smile.

                Jieun sighed, “I guess we could stop for a while and make some food.”

                “There is no way in hell those two are making food for us.” Youngjae pointed his forefinger to Yongguk and Himchan.

                “Then should the noonas make food for us?” Jongup asked.

                “No, we shouldn’t Jongup. The girls had too much to do today, we shouldn’t bother them.” said Daehyun.

                “Then who’s feeding us?” asked Youngjae.

                “We could order food.” Zinger suggested.

                They all thought about and nodded their heads, liking the idea.

                “But Yongguk hyung is paying.”

                “Goddammit.” 



I'm sorry for the REALLY update! Like I'm REALLY SORRY!! Things are really hectic and it's really crazy for me! So that's why I'm going on a small hiatus. I hope you guys understand. This year I have to focus and yeah. This chapter is long, to make up for anything. I'll be gone for a while and I'll organize everything be back. I'll probably update a little bit along the way, but it'll take a long time. So don't hate me!! Please understand this situation!

But really, thank you for everyone that stuck with this story! I love you all and it makes me feel really happy inside! Please continue to support me and this story! I'll be back soon!

Comment & Subscribe~

And here's a gif of Yongguk being adorable~