17

Baby Daddy (Discontinued)

Yongguk stirred in his sleep. He turned around, so he was on his stomach. He was in dream land, when his phone started ringing. Yongguk groaned and reached for his phone.

    "Hello?" His voice came out raspy and... ugh.

    "I thought you're going to your new work?" If Yongguk wasn't so tired, he could probably recognize the voice.

    "... Who's this?"

    "... I forgot. You don't recognize anything when you're tired. It's Himchan."

    "Oh... What do you want?"

    A sigh was heard on the other line, "I called to see if you're going to your new job."

    "I don't need to go until the afternoon, or something like that, I don't know. I forgot."

    "Okay. By any chance did you forget anything?"

    "I don't know, did I?"

    "Never mind. Have fun~"

    Yongguk heard the line being disconnected and chuck his phone somewhere and collapsed his head on the soft pillow.


 


-------
 



    After so many hours later, Yongguk finally woked up. It was currently 1PM, and Yongguk just got out of the shower. He had his blue button up shirt on, and carried Hana out to the living room. He placed her down on the couch and handed her kitty.

    He grabbed his phone and wallet, and took Hana in his arms. "Hana, I'm going to go work, so you have to stay with Mrs. Kim from across the hall, okay." He looked down at her, but only to see her playing with her kitty. He sighed, "Okay then."

    Yongguk left the apartment and knocked on the door across the hall. He waited for the door to opened, and saw a woman around her late 30s. She looked at Yongguk with Hana in his arms. "Hello Yongguk."

    "Hello Mrs. Kim. Umm can you please watch Hana for me. I need to go to work, so can you please watch her for me."

    "And who's Hana to you, Mr. Bang?"

    "Uhh..."

    "Don't answer that. Of course I'll watch her."

    Yongguk smiled. "Thanks Mrs. Kim. If you need anything, just call me, I work Secret Garden."

    "Okay."

    "Okay, Hana, go with Mrs. Kim, and I'll be back, okay?" Yongguk said to Hana, and she looked at him and smiled. She happily walked to the Mrs. Kim. Yongguk watched the two go inside, after doing so, he left.


 


-------

 


    Yongguk walked inside the restaurant and went up to the hostess. "Um excuse me?" The hostess looked up from the papers she was looking at, and Yongguk read her name tag. Zinger.

    "May I help you?"

    "I called the other day about the 'Help Wanted' sign-"

    "Oh! You're that guy! It's a good thing you came in today! People would come in and get food, but also go to the bar and order some drinks. And it so happens that a lot of people go to the bar. So it's great that you're here." said Zinger, "Follow me."

    Yongguk followed the blonde girl to the back room. "If you haven't notice from name tag, my name is Zinger."

    "Yongguk."

    Zinger stopped and looked at Yongguk, "You're voice is really deep."

    "Yeah, I get that a lot."

    "It's pretty cool." Zinger continued to walk again, until they both reached the back room. Zinger opened the door and she went inside. She was looking through some drawers and got out some pair of clothes. "This is your uniform, and I think these are your sizes." Yongguk nodded his head and took the clothing from her. "You can change into these in the locker room."

    Yongguk nodded his head and Zinger showed him the locker room for the men. Yongguk looked at the clothing and raised his eyebrows. Not bad, he thought. He started to change once he was alone.

    After looking at himself in his new unirform; the white long sleeves button up shirt, the black vest propped nicely on him, and the nice bow tie around his neck.



    He left the locker room and saw Zinger waiting for him. "Your first shift starts now. I'll show you to the bar." Yongguk followed Zinger to the bar and saw 2 other men working, and some customers by the counter. "Guys, this is Yongguk." The two males looked at Zinger and then at Yongguk.

    "Hi, I'm Maru."

    "Kyungjae."

    Yongguk nodded his head and gave them a smile. "Yongguk will be taking over for Jungmin."

    "Good. That guy was a waste of time." said Maru.

    "Be nice, Maru." Maru rolled his eyes and went back to wiping the shot glasses clean. Zinger sighed and looked Yongguk, "Do you need training?"

    "No, I'm pretty much well experience." Zinger smiled.

    "Okay. So go behind that counter and serve our customers."


 


------
 



    Jieun sipped her coffee and smiled at the warm tasty goodness. Class just ended and she was very surprised there was no call from Yongguk. I guess he doesn't ne-

    Jieun spoked too soon when her phone started ringing. A smile gradually went to her lips. She reached for her phone, which was placed on the table, and answered it. "Hello?"

    "Jieun?"

    "Yes Guk-ah?"

    "I need your help right now."

    "Where are you?"


 


------
 



    Yongguk told Jieun the address to the restaurant and she made her way there. She walked inside and looked around the place. Anyways it was a fancy restaurant , it gave off a nice feeling. Jieun turned her head to find the bar and after finding it, she enter it and the first thing she saw was Hana sitting at one of the tables, coloring. Jieun raised her eyebrow at her and looked at the man responsible.

    She went up to the counter and sat down. "Aren't you something." Yongguk looked at her and gave her a sheepish smile.

    "Hi."

    "Why's she here?" Instead of answering Jieun's question, he said something weird.

    "Miss, you can't be leaving your child around without supervision, especially leaving them in a bar."

    "Uhh... Yongguk?" Yongguk leaned over and whispered in her ear.

    "Someone was watching Hana, but that person had to go do something and she left her here, and my boss is wondering why there's a child here, and I told him that the mother was outside smoking." He leaned back and Jieun gave him a confused face.

    "Wow."

    "Yeah, but don't worry. I got you food, to make it look like the 'mother' was coming back." Jieun looked at the plate of food in front of her and alcoholic beverage beside it.

    "A margarita rocks?" She lifted the glass. "So I'm a bad mother and a alcohlic?" Yongguk continued to stare at Jieun. Jieun did the same. "Oh what the hell." She took a sip and placed it back down. "I called your mother, she'll be coming to get Hana."

    "Oh thank god. It's a miracle that she stayed still over there."

    "Yeah you're lucky." Jieun grabbed a fry and placed it in and chewed. "Do you think this job will last?"

    "I hope it does. "

    "We'll see if you can keep it up."

    "Well thanks for having faith in me."


Here's a long chapter.

Today, I've been working on this, and today I got my report card, and let me tell you... it was bad. Mostly C's and D's and one F.
Yeah, thee parents weren't that happy. But I think they might've forgotten it... might've.

Comment & Subscribe~