18

Baby Daddy (Discontinued)

Yongguk served the drinks to the customers and looked over at Jieun, who was with Hana at the booth, helping her color. "Jieun, do you still want this?" He pointed to the plate of  food.

    "Yeah, leave it there." She waved her hand at him, not looking at him.

    "Okay..." Yongguk refilled a man's drink, and looked at Jieun again. "Jieun, when is my mom getting here?"

    "I don't know, soon, I guess." At the end of her sentence, a woman walked into the bar.

    "Yonggukkie~"

    ".... Oh god...."

    Jieun saw who came in, held in a laugh, and turned to Hana. "Your grandmother is here."

    Mrs. Bang went up to Yongguk and pinched his cheek. Yongguk made a face and pushed his mother's hand away from his face. "Omma, stop. People are watching." Which was correct. People in the bar were looking at them, weirdly.

    "So?"

    "You always keep doing this to me." Yongguk said in a low voice. (Even if that's possible.)

    "Whatever. Where's my granddaughter?" said Mrs Bang, instantly losing the sweetness in her voice.

    "Over there at the booth with Jieun."

    "Why can't you be more like Jieun?" Mrs. Bang shook her head and walked to the two.

    Yongguk looked at her, "Which one do you want me to be? Yongnam or Jieun?" He rolled his eyes and went to clean the shot glasses.


 


------

 


    Mrs. Bang sat across from Jieun and Hana. "Hello sweetie~ How are you?"

    "I'm fine, I guess." said Jieun.

    "Oh, I was talking to Hana. But Jieun-ah, how are you?" Mrs. Bang smiled.

    "... Good."

    "That's good! Here, I'll take Hana off your hands and live life! Get a boyfriend while you're at it!"

    Jieun blinked her eyes at Mrs. Bang and slipped out from the seat and watched Mrs. Bang take Hana in her arms. "Say goodbye to auntie Jieun and," She turned to Yongguk behind the counter, "goodbye to daddy."

    Yongguk looked up from cleaning the shot glasses, with a confuse look on his face. His mother looked at him, "Say goodbye to your daughter."

    Maru, who was walking by with a bottle of whiskey in his hands, looked at Yongguk and said, "Daughter?" And left.

    "Yongguk..."

    "Bye Hana." He smiled at Hana. Hana smiled and waved goodbye, (well more like closed her hand and opened it again).  

    "Buh-byee~"

    Mrs. Bang and Hana left the bar and Jieun walked back to the counter and looked at her cold food. "Well that's a waste."

    "I told you if you still wanted it."

    "Put a sock in it, Bang."

    Yongguk chuckled, "I don't understand why my mother sees you as a sweet person. You're evil and cruel."

    "Only in your eyes, Guk."

    "No basically in everyone's eyes. You just like covering it up, with that sweet façade of yours."

    "Maybe I do." Jieun smiled, which made Yongguk smiled.

    "You need a boyfriend."

    Jieun blinked at him. "W-What?"

    "A boyfriend. You need one." Yongguk just bluntly said.

    "That was very straightforward don't you think?"

    Yongguk shrugged, "I guess."

    "And you just went haywire about me studying with Doojoon last time."

    "Oh, his name was Doojoon now?" Yongguk said, with a little bit of an attitude.

    "See!"

    "I don't know the guy, he could've been some jackass!"

    "But I know him!"

    "But I don't know him!" Jieun looked at him. Kyungjae patted Yongguk's shoulder, and he looked at him.

    "Customers." He whispered to Yongguk.

    Yongguk looked at the customers in the bar and saw them looking at him and Jieun. "Oh yeah..." Kyungjae gave him an awkward smile and walked away.

    Jieun was still looking at him, still confused as ever. "I'm confused as ever right now."

    "I just want to know the guy at least. I mean, I'm your best friend, I need to know who your dating, the guy you like, or something like that."

    Jieun slowly nodded her head. "Yeah... I understand what you mean." If only you understand that you're the guy I like.


Here's Chapter 18!
Sorry for the wait, things are getting hectic for me. And updates might be slow. My friends and I are going to start Aikido lessons, (if only she tells me when we'll sign up or something) for my Japanese project, and things are going to be tough. As well, I told myself to try harder this semester since my grades were horrible last time and I don't want to die in the hands of my parents. :(

 

Comment & Subscribe~