Going To Work

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 2

 

It was about 8:30 a.m. when we decided to leave. I got home about 8:40 and started to get ready, layering my hair after my shower. “It’s about time to get this stuff retightened.” I put some hot rollers in my hair to curl while I put on my clothes and make-up. I was ready by 9:35. With no time to waste, I grabbed the same purse from earlier and arrived at my new job just in time, 10:00 on the dot.

There was a woman talking to the secretary at the front desk, she was defiantly professional from the way she dressed to the way she talked. She blinked twice when I told her why I was here; I guess they didn’t tell her that I wasn’t Korean.

When I told her I can speak perfect Korean, she insisted on speaking in English. Her speech was well but her heavy accent was a problem, so I just took a guess at what she could have said.

We took a LONG tour around the whole building. *I regret not wearing flats now*. We got to the section I was waiting on. “Dis is our performing arts section, waer our trainees and idols spend all deir time pacticing and making every performance a perpect performance”

I nodded not really interested. I heard was music and I saw a glass window. I wondered who was on the other side of that window. As I got closer I saw 6 nice male figures, *I don’t know any young 6 membered group from S.M.*

 I was getting ready to turn around when a tall lean guy took a sip of his water and looked at me in shock. *Yea yea. I get that a lot in Korea. * He winked at me and finished his gulp of water the woman patted me on the shoulder. “Dat’s our rookie kroup getting ready to pamote to our Chinese fans. Let me sow you to your loom in this section.”

“Ok, you lead I’ll follow” she nodded not really impressed with my endeavored humor.

A tall guy came out the practice room as we were walking, winked at me, and went to the water fountain. *I guess I’m not so regretful toward dressing up. I got a wink and interest glare from a trainee.* I peeped around to see if he was watching me and he was. I instantly grew nervous. *Don’t trip. Don’t trip. Not here. Not now *

We went down a floor, where it was small and very comfortable. “And dis is your sunbae Lee Ha Na”

“Oh hello. You must be Bre.”

“Yes, that’s me. Nice to meet you. I know this is irrelevant, but you and my best friend have the same name.”

“Really? Yea well, a lot of people are named ‘Ha Na’ here in Korea.”

“You will be her assistant until we tell you otawise, okay?” the woman cut in.

“Okay,” I answered politely.

“I hope to see you around,” she said with a bow before she left.

“So Bre, do you speak Korean?” Ha Na asked.

“Yes. I’m fairly fluent,” I answered.

“Which do you feel comfortable with?”

“If I had to choose, I’d say it doesn’t matter, which ever you speak, I’ll understand.”

“Araso.”

“I must ask, how do you speak English so good?”

“I was born in Korea but raised in England but most people say I sound American.” *You do…..* “So you want to get me some coffee and help me with this project, the rest room is down the hallway.”

“Ok.” I went for the coffee but stopped to wash my hands first. It was only three stalls in the bathroom.*I guess I don’t have to leave this floor for anything*

“Ah, kamsa. You want to help me with this project it’s for the rookie group?”