"...you was on a stripper pole...?"

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 12

 

Kris looked down at me. “You voiced your gratitude last night as I was putting you in the bed,” he smirked. *IN THE BED!? How far did this guy go for me?!* My face changed to a ‘loss-of-words’manner, and he caught it. “You all right, Bre? You look like you just found out your cat got shot up?”

I tilted my head to the side a bit and looked up at him. “You were the one that put me in the bed? I just thought you took me home and left.” I looked around in delusion then fixed my eyes back on Kris. “What exactly happened?”

Just as he opened his mouth to tell me all the crazy things I did the night before, the practice room door opened and LuHan poked his head out. “Hey Bre. Feeling better?” I gave him an assuring smile and he nodded. “Uh, Kris. We need you in here.”

Kris shookhis head and LuHan went back into the room. Kris now looked back at me. “You still have my number, right? *I got his NUMBER?!* “Give me a call around… maybe 6, 7:30ish and I’ll explain to you all the chaos you brought me. Araso?”

“Ne. Annyeong, Kris.” He smiled at me and went back into the practice room. I stood there for a minute thinking. *I hope I didn’t bring that much chaos to him. Let’s just hope he was exaggerating.*

I began to walk back to Ha Na’s office when I saw her coming up the hallway. “Ha Na!”

She looked back at me. “I have to go somewhere really quickly. Hold it down for me, will you? Thanks!” With a wave of her hand, she was out the building and I wasnearing the office. Once there, I slumped into the rolling chair and leaned back. *What to do now*?

With that thought, I began to continue my work on EXO’s debut video. I worked for about an hour and a half when my phone rang. I looked at my phone and saw that it was my best friend, Ha Na. I answered the phone. “Yeoboseyo?Ha Na?”

“Hey girl! Where did you disappear to? You haven’t called me since forever? Waeyo?” She made a whimper sound and giggled a bit.

“Oh, mianhae, Ha Na.I’ve been really busy with work. The other day I went to the club with some colleagues and it was chaotic.”

“Really? Care to share?” she said curiously.

“Briefly, ummm… Ok. I met the new boy band I made music effects for, talked with the leader for a minute, was used as a stripper pole by two, got drunk, one from another section of the group went home with me, drank some plum tea-”

“WAIT, WHAT!? DID YOU SAYYOU WENT HOME WITH A MEMBER? DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?!” *Oh god. Here comes the wrath of overloaded Ha Na.*

I pretended not to hear her, “What? I didn’t hear you correctly? Can you reiterate yourself, please?”

“No no no no. Did I hear you correctly? Did you say you was on a stripper pole then went home with a band member?”

“I said I was used as a stripper pole. And technically, he went home with me, but I guess you can put it that way, too.” I sarcastically retorted. “But I swear we didn’t-” I stopped talking when I didn’t hear Ha
Na breathing anymore. “Ha Na?You good?”

Ha Na, clearly overwhelmed, cleared and calmly said, “I think I’m going to pay you a visit at work. Goodbye.”

“But-” CLICK. Before I could decline her offer she hung up. “Oh god. Now what? And she doesn’t have to work on Fridays too. I have work to do and I just know she’s gonna want to see the ‘strippers’ and who went home with me.” I did air quotes when I said ‘strippers’ and ‘went home with me.’ A few minutes later, my boss Ha Na called and asked what I’ve been up to while she was gone. I told her I finished a part of the song and that my best friend would be stopping by.

“Oh darn! I wanted to meet another ‘Ha Na.’ I’ll let you show her around the building, but not the whole building. You still have work to do. Araso?”

*Marvelous. The whip cream on the situation. My boss giving me permission to take my bestie around the building is all I need right now.* “Yes, Ha Na. I promise I won’t be long.”