The Coffee

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 3

 

“Really? What is it?”

“A teaser song… to their 90th teaser,” she joked.

The joke made me chuckle but I was unaware of who she was talking about. I’ve been so busy with my underground clients at night, when I get home I go straight to sleep. Now I’m really going to not have any time since I got this job, too. All of her work was for this rookie group, whom I’ve never seen, I’ve only heard of them.*I like the rappers in the group* I’ve gotten to the point where I can recognize their voices.

Unlike other people who abuse their assistants Ha Na had me working mixing and composing since I showed her what I can do. “Hey, did you ever find out the group’s name?” you asked.

“Yea, but I forgot it’s like F.O. something like that”

“Oh, well let’s worry about it later we got their mini album to finish”

“Ok, back to work” She agreed

Currently, I’ve been working at S.M Entertainment for about 4 months now and have yet to see any idols. I finished 2 mini albums one in Korean and the other in Chinese yet I’m still an assistant. Today was not a good day for me for some reason I had the WORSE migraine, I wasn’t going to stay home, so I called Ha Na and to tell her that I might be a little slow today. She insisted that I stayed home, but I refused and informed her that I would only be a little slow.

After I down a bottle of aspirin, I realized that I should have stayed home. Ha Na only had me listen to her music that she composed and made me get her coffee. I was on my way to the bathroom when she told me to get her yet another cup of coffee. I went to get the coffee first since I didn’t have to go that bad and saw the coffee was gone. I wonder if they had some on the 8th floor so I when the short ways up to see if they had some coffee.

It felt very different from the last time I saw this place. The lights were much… brighter. I winched the minute the elevator doors opened. I covered my eyes and sluggishly walked around the 8th floor looking for their break room, but got nowhere.

I walked closer to a room with familiar music playing and six guys all dancing in a mirror. I opened the door and they all stopped and looked at me in shock, I’m sure. I was the last person they’d expect to walk in on them. It seem like the mirror gave the room a brighter light than what it had. I was more than squinting because of the light. “Do you have a break room up here?”

“Yes,” a familiar voice said in English *Hey, I’ve heard this voice somewhere. Whatever. Gotta find coffee. Gotta pee!!!*

“Can you point the way, please?”

“Sure. I’ll show you. You look like you need some help.” I didn’t blame him; I had on flats, sweats, and a toboggan.

He was tall compared to me but to the other woman in Korea he was really tall. “It’s in this room.”

“Ok, thanks”

I kept the light off and searched the room with the door cracked so the light for the hallway would creep in *I just needed a little bit of light to see.*

The lights came on and I flinched like a vampire in sunlight “The lights!! Please turn the light off!”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” It was the same voice.

“No coffee?”

“No, the company doesn’t want us to have too much caffeine.”

“Where’s the bathroom?!” My body voluntarily started to do the potty dance *Crap, I need to go now!*

“Around there, you really got to go, huh?”

“I’m not here for your jokes. And you don’t have any coffee? Tsssssk, dancers. I don’t know why you think you’re all that.” I walked like a penguin the whole way to the bathroom. *He looked familiar, even though my eyes are barely open. And his voice sound like one of those rappers. Could that be… * I questioned everything about him. “Naw, let’s not over think things now.”

I made my way back downstairs. Ha Na left me a letter saying that she went home and also said to go home take a nap so all the pills I took could do their job and call her when I feel better.*I don’t really have a choice since you locked the door and I didn’t bring anything today so no excuse for the janitor to open the door. Oh, Ha Na!* I exited the building and made my way home.