Let's Celebrate

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 15

 

“How’s SeonMan doing?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t heard from him in a while.” She paused in thought. “So Kai and BaekHyun were your strippers that made you drink $24 worth of soju?” She joked.

“Yep, that was them,” I huffed.

“Hal, you should have invited me to the celebration; I wouldn’t mind being a stripper pole for them, eh?” She elbowed me for agreement, but I was gave her the death glare instead. “I’m just saying…”

After lunch I walked her to the door “I’ll let you know if I see Junsu, ok?”

 She looked back. “I hope you do since you’re around so many idols these days,” she said.

“Trust me Choi Ha Na. I will.” I promised, “it’s about time for me to get ready to go home, I’ll call you soon and call SeonMan too, make sure he’s ok.”

“Alright, bye” she waved as she walked through groups of fan girls waiting to see their favorite idols out front.

I watched her walk till I couldn’t see her any more. *Maybe I should go home* I looked at my watch *7:50! Lee Ha Na isn’t back yet, wait, maybe she called me. My phone is up stairs.*

When I opened the door, my phone was buzzing the song to one of the teasers I really liked.  I looked at the phone.*This text came like 30 minutes ago*

 

Don’t stay too long I’m not coming back. If you want to, you

can go home early. Don’t worry about the office, the janitor will

close it. See you tomorrow. Bye. –Ha Na

 

After reading that, I headed home. When I got in the door I dropped everything and plopped down on my couch. I saw my empty mug.*I guess I was really drunk. OH YEA! Call Kris* Before I could start looking for his number, my phone started to ring. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Yo, Bre its SeonMan.”

“Hey, Seon. I haven’t heard from you lately. You been working too hard again?” I asked worried.

“A lot of stuff happened.” He answered, he sounded kinda down.

“What’s wrong? Are you ok? I have nothing but time if you want to talk.” I asked.

“I’ll tell you.” He sighed and began telling me about his absence. “First, I was working hard for a promotion at my job and I was so close too. Then, my boss called me on the same night as my mom. My boss called, first, to tell me that she had given the promotion to a woman named Tae Young. Then, my mom called and told me that my brother got into a car accident.”

“Oh my god. SeonMan, I’m so sorry. Is he going to be okay?”

“He’s in critical condition, but he’s going to live. So of course, I was kinda down. Oh, and then the girl across the hallway confessed her feelings for me. She told me that it hurt her to see me depressed so she’s going to treat me to a vacation to Jeju Island. So yea, I’m sorry that I neglected you and Ha Na but it’s just these past six months have been hell for me. I’ll be a better friend but it’s gonna have to wait till after my trip. Promise?”

After his story I couldn’t help but giggle. “Promise.” Seon was the type of person were a lot could happen but his strong personality wouldn’t let him mope around all sad. “So does this mean you have a girlfriend now?”

“Bre, you know how this goes. We might be after our trip, but I got to make sure the she’s not easy. I don’t want to bring the wrong person around my mom,” he assured me.

“Ok well don’t be strangers anymore. If you two do become a couple, feel free to bring her around me & Ha Na, also. When you come back we have to celebrate.”

“Celebrate what?” He asked

“Your hard work and dedication to your stupid boss and new relationship. I’ll see if I can find you a marketing job here in the S.M Company.”

“Ok, we can celebrate. I don’t want to work in a field where they expect too much. I mean, I can give it to them but I would rather work comfortably and just strive for the promotion that I want.” He said in a very satisfying tone. The only thing is, when we do celebrate, no drinks for you. Ha Na told me about you and strippers and some Kris guy at your house...”

“I’m going to kill Choi Ha Na” I growled under my breath…