Are you telling me to leave?

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 22

 

Finally, he reached the car and opened the door for me to get in the car. “Wow... You really do look… amazing. This is not what I expected when you said ‘look nice for me.’”

*Ohhh, first I only looked nice….* I smirked up at him, “Well, you never know what I have up my sleeve until I show you.”

He closed the door and leaned down in the open window, a little too close to my face for me to breathe. I inhaled as he gazed at me, “Well I guess I’ll have to find out soon.” He stood up and I could finally breathe. He walked to the driver’s side of the car and got in. When, he got in the car, I looked at him and he smiled, “Like the car?”

“I didn’t know you had a car.”

“I don’t. This is the manager’s car. He let me borrow it just for you~.” He sent me a tender smile and started the car.

I blushed and looked away. There was silence excluding the light music on the radio as we drove the streets of Seoul. When I noticed us heading towards Myeongdong, I had to ask. “Where are we going anyways?”

He looked at me with that smile again, looked back at the road, and coolly said, “I thought I told you. I know a few places in Myeongdong that we can go. We’re going to walk around there for a while and grab something to eat while we’re there.”

“Oh. Okay.”

“Is that okay with you? If you want we can catch a movie instead. It’s your choice.”

“I’m fine with your plans.”

“Okay. Just let me know if you grow bored. We can go wherever you want.”

*Good date, so far.* “Araso.”

 

----

 

We arrived in Myeongdong and parked the car. He opened the passenger side door and looked at my shoes. “Are you sure your feet won’t hurt in those shoes? I can carry you if you need me to.”

“I’ll be fine, thanks.”

“If you say so.” Kris held my hand as he helped me out of the car. I stood up and fixed my dress.

I looked up as he prized it once again. “Wae? Do you suddenly not think my dress is ‘nice’ anymore?”

He shook his head, “Far from that. It’s beyond nice. I just... didn’t have the words to explain it then. But now, is different.” I took a step away from the car and Kris closed the door. “Ka ja.”

We started to walk through the parking lot when, just to my luck, my heel hit a rock and I went stumbling forwards. “OMO!” I almost hit the ground when I felt a hand around my waist on another on my wrist.

“Whoa. Are you okay, Bre?”

I grabbed his arm and looked in his eyes, surprised at how fast he caught me, “Thank god you’re fast.”

He helped me to a complete stand, “Well, I did tell your friend that I would have you home safe. Can’t break my promise on the first date, right?”

“Yea. I guess so. Thanks.” We started to walk again.

“And, uh,” he looked down at his arm, “You have a tight grip, too.”

“Ne?” I looked at his arm to see my arm still tangled through his. “Oh!” I released his arm. “Mianhae. I forgot I was holding your arm.”

“You’re fine. I don’t mind you wanting to be close to me. It’s cute.” He smirked.

“You real funny. I’m glad I didn’t want to hold your hand then.”

“You didn’t want to hold my hand?” he emotionlessly looked at me, making it hard to distinguish his level of seriousness.

“No it was a-”

“That’s nice to know.” He cut me off and started to walk the other direction.

“No wait, Kris! I was being sarcastic. I didn’t mean it seriously.” I ran up to him and spun him around to find a big grin on his face. “You have got to be joking.” This time, I turned to walk away from him.

Kris caught my arm, and I sent him a grim stare. He slithered his hand down my arm and slipped it into mine. His grip tightened in my hand. I couldn’t resist any longer and calmed my expression. He softly spoke, “Come on. Let’s go.” I stood there until he began to tug me away.

We walked further down the strip of little shops as we talked about whatever came to mind. I saw a shop that sold jewelry and my eyes sparkled. Apparently, Kris saw the twinkle, “You wanna go in this one?” I shook my head with my eyes still glued to the merchandise.

We went into the store and I felt like a kid in the candy store. “Oh I love jewelry! I gotta get some of this.” I went directly to the first color I saw and Kris followed. I noticed him behind me looking confused.

“Are you gonna follow me around the whole time?”

“Well… we are on a date sooo… are you telling me to leave?”

*Oh yea. I forgot about that.* “Oh no not at all. I just thought you would want you something, too. That’s all.” He looked at me then began to browse the jewelry around the section I was at: the gold section.