The Best of Hands

I Just Can't Choose!

 

 

“Bre? Is that really you?”

 

 

Chapter 26

 

“Huh?” I look up to see the person I least expected to approach our table. *Why are there so many surprises TODAY! Of all days?!? *

“Ohmah! MinHyun?!”

“Yea, you remembered me!” *Yea duh. I just talked about you to my date, of course I remember you!* “How are you? It’s been years.” I halfway stood up as he gave me a hug. 

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Uh, what are you doing here?”

“Oh me? I’m on a date with my fiancée; she’s in the bathroom now but, yea. We’re here~” He chuckled. 

“Oh,” I looked down at my dress and began to smooth it out, “that’s good to hear.” *He’s engaged… to someone that’s not me… don’t let those feelings are coming back…*

“So,” I looked at him as he spoke, “I see you’re not alone either?”

“What?”

“You’re friend…” he motioned to Kris, who sat back and watched as we caught up with each other.

“Oh! Mianhae, Kris. MinHyun, this is my…” *How should I introduce him as?* “…date Kris. Kris, this is MinHyun.” They did a small bow at each other. MinHyun looked back at me.

“I’m glad to see you’re well.”

“Yea. Yea, I’m doing okay. I’m working now, at SM, so yea. I’m doing very well.”

“Okay, okay. Well, it’s nice to see you healthy. I hope we’ll run into each other again?”

“Yea, that’ll be cool.” *No it would not. This will ruin all my chances of moving on… with Kris, hopefully.* “I guess I’ll see you later?”

MinHyun looked back to see his fiancée coming our way. *Damn. She's pretty.* “Yea. Looks as if you’re in good hands? Take care of my Bre for me, will ya?”

Kris sat up and nodded, “She’s in the best of hands. Don’t worry.” I looked at Kris and he smiled at me and stretched his hand across the table. *Does he want me to…* I put my hand out and he held it. He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, as if he was telling me not to fear anything. I looked back at MinHyun, who was looking at mine and Kris’ hand on the table. He had that same look I did minutes ago. *Not a good feeling, huh?*

“Yea, well,” MinHyun began, “I guess I’ll go now. Sorry for interrupting but I had to say hi before we left.”

He began to walk away when Kris stopped him. “Hey! MinHyun!” he turned around with his fiancée’s hand in his.

“Yea?”