Thank You

I Just Can't Choose!

 

 

 

Chapter 26

 

*What tha-? What is he doing~?* I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. *Let me see for myself…* 

 

Kris started over to him and MinHyun met him halfway. “Thank You.”

“For what?”

“For showing Bre that her skin has nothing to do with her heart. She told me that you helped her to get over that bridge. I thank you for that.”

“Oh. It’s nothing, really. But you’re welcome. And, hey, take care of her, she’s important to me. Even though we’re not together anymore, I still care about her.”

“You have my word.” Kris bowed once more, then MinHyun and his fiancée left. Kris walked back to the table and sat back across from me, smiling.

He noticed the tears welling up in my eyes, and his smile faded. “Hey, what’s wrong? Did I say something else bad ?” He reached across the table and took my hand yet again.

“Nothing’s wrong. I just… I didn’t think he still cared for me. And to see you… do what you did, I’m so grateful for this date. That what you did closed some unhealed scars I had from our split. Thank you, Kris. You never fail to surprise me.” I smiled and gave his hand a squeeze and he smiled back.

“Anytime.” He examined our half empty plate, “Now, let’s finish this here eel, okay?”

I wiped the falling tear from my eye and nodded, “Yea. Let’s do that.”

“I can see that you two had a strong connection. I wish I could find someone to love me like that.” He spoke while we ate. “Maybe someone will love me, hopefully.”

“We’ll have to see” I giggled. We finished the last few pieces of eel and began to think about dessert, Kris stopped me in mid-thought.

“So you wanna leave this place and go somewhere else for dessert? I don’t think I can take the waiter hitting on me anymore. It’s sickening me a little…” He peered over at the waiter who was still smiling and winking at him.

“Yeah me too. I have been holding my tongue for the longest now.” I confessed.

“You know you are really cute when you do that.” He smiled.

“What threaten people’s lives?” I giggled.

“Not that, but I’m happy you’d kill for me already.”

“Ok, now Im about sick of you, too. And what is it that I’m doing that’s ‘so cute’?” I questioned.

“Just now, when you giggled; I thought that was cute.” he admitted.

My eyes were wide. I was truly speechless, not used to people giving me so many compliments.

“T-thank you” I said blushing.

“I like it when you do that, too. You go from wanted to take someone’s life to this sweet person. It’s very attractive.” He gave me one of those smiles.

I could have melted into a puddle of chocolate feels under his heated gaze, the way this smile played across his face just so sweetly. “Oh Jesus” I whispered.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing! Let’s go pay that bill and maybe have some ice cream?” I said while getting up from the table.

“I already know what flavor I want too.” He said, wiping his lip with his thumb as he got up. I turned and headed to the front desk where that waiter was. Ugh. 

 

Decided to update 3 days later~ haha ^^ 

Thanks a million readers!

-Soori ♥