Time For Work

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 37 

Monday morning came too soon for my health. I was awoken numerous times in the middle of the night by Ha Na’s terrible sleeping habits. She snores too loud and moves too much. I sat up and placed my feet on the floor. I looked back at her sleeping body and sighed. *How is your husband going to put up with this!? Hopefully it’s not SeHun. I feel bad for our poor maknae* I shook head at the thought and got up and ready to go to work. 

I took a long and soothing shower, relaxing my muscles and washing my hair in the process. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and dried my hair. I looked in the mirror at myself. *I haven’t seen or talked to Kris since our date. You’re the one who ignored his calls yesterday.* “That is right… I’m not supposed to be thinking about him. I’m mad at him! Hmpf.” I crossed my arms and my hair fell in my face.  

“I don’t feel like doing you today, hair.” I pulled it up into a ponytail with my hands, “so you’re gonna stay like this.” I nodded to myself and began applying some leave-in conditioner and brushed it into a decent ponytail and left the bathroom to get dressed. 

As expected, Ha Na was still sleeping in my bed. I threw my pillow at her face. “Hey! Get up, it’s time for you to go.” She groaned and rolled over. “Wake up, Ha Na, I have to go.” 

“Then go~ let me stay here today, I won’t mess up anything.”

“Fine. I don’t care. But when I come home, everything better be how it is now. I’ll be leaving in about 10 minutes. You know where the kitchen is, but don’t eat all my stuff, you garbage disposer.” 

"Love you, bye." 

I rolled my eyes and left to catch a taxi. 

 

-------

 

I arrived at work and went straight to my office. It's really Ha Na's office, but it's the second place I spend most of my time at, besides the recording room, where I listen and add effects and whatnot to pre-recorded music. 

As I was making my way to the recording room, I ran into a happy, more likable Ha Na. "Hey there!" She skipped over to me and gave me a hug. "I haven't seen you since I dunno, three days ago? Whatcha been up to?" 

I laughed at her silliness. She can be so much like my Ha Na sometimes. "Errm," *should I tell her about me and Kris? Naah, she can live without.* "Nothing much. I've just been hanging with... some friends from here." 

She folded her arms. "Ahh chincha? Who's your new friend, or friends?" 

I shrugged it off, "just some friends, you know. Oh yeah, I thought of some effects for another song. Here, let me show you." I motioned for her to follow me to the recording room, and she did. 

We sat down at the music tables and I started to get the music ready for her to hear. "Soo." 

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, then back to the tables, "so?" 

"You're not going to tell me what happened the other day?" 

"The other day?" I looked at her confused. 

"C'mon, Bre. I have witnesses. Just give it up and confess now." Her demeanor completely changed from that bouncy, happy Ha Na who hugged me a minute ago. Her face was nothing but serious. I didn't know what to do or say. "People are talking. You two have been found out about."  

"Us.... two...?" *Oh God. Don't tell me everybody knows about-* 

"You and Kris. A friend of mine said she saw him with you eating ice cream and holding hands." I mentally facepalmed myself as she shook her hand. "I... I can't believe this, Bre. Less than 6 months on the job, and this! This... is not at all what I expected from you."

*I knew we should have gone somewhere less popular. Now everyone's going to hate him for being with me....

A black girl.*