My Princess

I Just Can't Choose!

 

 

Chapter 29

 

The old man running the booth eyes opened wide when he saw me and Kris, hand in hand. “Can I help you?” he asked in Korean.

“Yes, can we have two ice cream cones?” Kris asked

“What flavor, young man?” asked the old man. Kris looked at me.

“Ajhusshi, I would like… cookies ‘n cream, BUT I want it covered in sprinkles, colorful sprinkles please. Completely covered in sprinkles, not one bit of ice cream showing ok… Please?” I asked wide eyes making sure he got the message that I wanted a lot of sprinkles. Then I looked at Kris, who had a huge smile on his face. “Still thinking?”

“I already know what I want” he declared, moving closer to me. “I want chocolate, like my heresy’s kiss” he whispered and a smile played on my lips and I looked into his eyes.
“I don’t think he heard you. He’s the one fixing the ice cream.” I whispered to him as we both looked up to see the old man looking at us with a smile, almost as if seeing an couple made him very happy.

“I’ll have chocolate” he said to the old man. The ajhusshi commented back, at the spur moment.

“I see you like chocolate” the old man smiled at Kris.

“Oh, ajhusshi you have no idea,” Kris replied to the man, as he reached for the ice cream. The whole time, I had this seriously face. As they both looked at me and burst into laughter, I grabbed my ice cream from Kris and started to walk. I heard Kris pay for the ice cream and half-heartedly jogging to catch up with me.

“What was that all about?” Kris asked me.

“What was what about? Me walking away from you and that ajhusshi talking about how much you love chocolate?” I answered him.

“You know, most people would just smile and say ‘thank you’ to a compliment.”

I whipped my head back and looked at him sternly. “Do I look like most people?”

“There you go again with that sass... Please, don’t.” he reminded me as I stopped dead in my tracks. “Once I start, you know I won’t stop” he said walking past me, sending chills through me. I shook it off and moved on. Now I was the one trying to catch up with him. I started to walk when I notice him stop and looked at me and started to smile.

His smile was so sweet for him to be such a troll. He could have melted my ice cream had I been any closer to him. I had to admit, he was sweet and he was damn fine. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world right now, but I would never tell him that. At least not now.

We sat down at a table to eat our ice cream. It was a little silent between us, which was kind of awkward for me. Kris broke the silence first.

“I have one more question. I know it may seem like I asked this already, but why Korea? How come you didn’t want to come to China?”

Immediately, I saw where this was going. So I replied “Would I have found you in China?”

“Okay, I rest my case” he said while laughing. “It’s about 10:30 now. Do you wanna do anything else or do you want to go home?”

“I think I have time for one more adventure with you” I said finishing the last of my ice cream cone.

“Cool” he whispered and he walked around the table, holding out his hand to help me up. “You know, I can stay with you all night like this,” he brushed his lips against my cheek; “making nothing but happy memories” he softly whispered in my ear, placing a kiss on my cheek, making me heated once again. I couldn’t say or do anything but look at his precious face as I stood up and nod. *Why must he do this to me, Jesus!*

We walked around for maybe 30 minutes, playing random games on the street. My feet began to hurt a little, but I didn’t say anything, being that I was having the time of my life. Kris must have felt my pace slowing as he offered to carry me to the car.

“No thanks. But, we can find a store where I can buy some slippers.” I replied with a smile.

“There is one, but it’s a Hello Kitty store.” he pointed.

“I don’t care, as long as they have some slippers” I said as I tip-toed into the store and took off my shoes. As I went to look for some slippers I noticed Kris standing at the front of the shop talking to the cashier. I grabbed the closest pair of slippers and ran up to the cashier. “That’s so much better” I said to the cashier and Kris. I heard Kris chuckle under his breath. “Hey have you ever tried to walk around in 5 inch heels for more than an hour? I didn’t think so.”

He looked to the cashier. “I tell ya, her sass...”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. “How much are these slippers?”

“It’s already paid for ma’am” the cashier said. I looked at him, then to Kris. He merely shrugged and walked towards the door.

“I would have paid for my own slippers, you know” I said as we walked out of the store.

“I know, and that’s what makes you so special” he said with a big smile on his face. We got closer to the car and he lightly ran ahead to opened the door for me.

“Thank you.”

“No problem, I’ll do anything for my princess” he said. Yes, it was cheesy, but I still thought it was cute.

“We’ll I’m happy I have such a nice prince” I replied with, too, a cheesy statement.

It’s funny that I earlier thought about Ne-yo and I noticed the manager had a Ne-Yo CD in his car. I put it in, and for the whole ride, Kris listened as I recited his whole ‘Because of You’ album, with no interruptions, not even one.

We pulled up to my building and he walked me to my door. There was, once again, an awkward silence between us in the elevator, but when we got to my door that thankfully changed.

I sighed. “Well, I guess this is good bye” I looked down at the floor, not knowing what else to say.

“I had a great time with you, Bre.” I looked up to his face. “I really hope we can do it again.”

“Yeah, me too” I replied with a smile. I looked back down as I made Hello Kitty’s head bobble a little bit. I felt his hand wrap around my waist, as the other lifted my face to his again. He caressed my chin; eyes focused on my lips, and positioned my head, so that I was looking at him straight in his eyes. He his lips and began bringing my face to his as he, too, moved closer to me. My heels worked with me, as I didn’t have to stand on my tippy toes to reach his face.

At that moment, when his soft lips touched mine, I relaxed and became completely caught in the moment. We shared, what felt like, a long kiss. There was no funny action in this kiss, but was it like a dream. He was beyond what some call an “excellent kisser”. I would have fallen mid-kiss, if he had not had his hand around my waist to keep me standing. I slowly opened my eye to see him smiling as he rubbed his thumb over my lips.

“Goodnight beautiful. Sleep tight and dream of me tonight, araso?”

I was speechless, still in shock of our kiss. I could almost hear my heart beating through my chest as I nodded yes to him. He smiled and walked back to the elevator. He pressed the button to open the doors. As he stepped in, he waved one last time at me. I could only raise my hand in attempt to wave.

I struggled to open my door. When I finally did, I leaned my head against it, trying to catch my breath and gather my thoughts. I took a deep breath and headed towards my room. As I walked into the living room, I noticed Ha Na on my couch sleep.

“My dearest friend,” I sat next to her and patted her head “You’re going to go wild at my story for you tomorrow.” I smiled bigger than the Kool-Aid man and continued to my room, dancing around like a child. I stretched on my bed and snuggled my teddy bear. *If that was the first date, I can only imagine the second.* I sighed and drifted to sleep, thinking about my prince…



 

 


 

 

 

 

 

It’s been so long~

Sorry to keep you waiting.

This chapter is, I would think to be, the longest so far?

Ne. We’ll be going out of town Monday and we thought

to leave you with a little closure, to relax your minds, haha.

Do anticipate the upcoming chapters! They’re good!

Kamsa

Soori