“You have a date… don’t you?”

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 18

 

I stayed up half the night just daydreaming about the endless possibilities that one sentence created. Then, I couldn’t help but throw my cover over my head and giggle. *Am I dreaming?  No, no I’m crazy? No I heard right, right? Ok. It’s ok just breath.It’s just Kris of EXO TALKING ABOUT A FUTURE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!* I shot up with a shriek and jumped on my bed, which eventually led to dancing. After about 30 of rhythm-less moving around my apartment, I lied back down and tried to go to sleep.

-------

I woke up at 10:30 that Saturday morning, rested but sore from my frantic dance party hours ago. *Oh man! Why does my body decide to hurt when I have a huge date with Kris!?* I let out a long, dreadful sigh. *Let’s just hope I’m better before 8 pm.* I got out of the bed to take a shower when my phone rang. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hey, you.Morning.”

“Oh, hey… Kris.” I said, shocked to hear his voice on the other side.

“I didn’t wake you, did I?”

“No, not at all. I was actually about to get in the shower.”

“Ooh, is that right? I guess I’ll get out of your way then,” he said sarcastically.

“Uh, yea. So I’ll call you back when I’m out.”

“Araso. Bye.”

I hung up the phone and leaned my back against the wall. *Whoa. I am sooo lost here. What just happened and why did I say I’ll call him back? Oh my god, is this really happening?! I think I’m dreaming still.* I slapped myself hard in the face. “Ouuuchy!!” I rubbed my cheek, “Note to self: Dreaming is ruled out.” I went into the bathroom and took a nice, long shower. I got out and cleared the mirror of its fog and looked at my hair. “There’s no way I’m going on a date with EXO-M’s Kris with my hair as it is. Looks like I have a trip to make.”

I got dressed and went for the phone to call Kris back, as promised. As I went to the recent calls log, I thought to myself how this date would go:

 

He opens the door for me as I walk towards his car, grinning too widely. “Someone’s happy about our date” he smiles back at me.

“Just happy to be with you,” I shyly respond as I got in the car.

He gets in the driver seat, laughing at my constant shyness around him and moves closer to my face. “You know, I was thinking the same thing.”

His lips were centimeters from mine-

 

When my phone rang and snapped me out of my thoughts. I grunted and looked down at my phone. “Dang, Choi Ha Na! I wanted to see how that ended!” I tried to answer the phone cool like. “Yes, Ha Na, what do you want?”

“Dang who poisoned your cereal this morning? Why you mad at me?”

I tried not to say anything, “You would be the one…”

“Excuse me?”

“Nothing. I said nothing is wrong,” I cleared my throat, “may I assist you this morning, bestie?”

“Actually, that’s exactly what I want,” she replied.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“I’m going to the market for some early grocery shopping and I was wondering if you wanted to come with?”

I thought about it for a minute then remembered my hair. “Ooh, Ha Na, you caught me at a bad time.”

“Ne? What you talkin’ bout?”

“I’m on my way to get my hair done. I have plans toni- I mean I have somewhere to be.” *Oh gosh. Knowing Ha Na, she’s gonna want to know what I’m doing. Just get ready for it.*

“Mwo? What are you doing that you’ll go cross town just to get your hair done?” I started to think if I should answer that question or not when Ha Na answered it for herself. “Better yet, who are you getting your hair done for?”

“Um, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I just have to be somewhere today. It’s nothing you would want to know about anyways, so why-” She cut me off.

“You have a date… don’t you?”

I panicked with my words. “Huh? What? Oh, girl! Now you know, if I had a date don’t you think I would tell you? You so crazy. So anyways, I heard about this new movie coming out about that girl that kills everybody she looks at. You hear that mess? I wanted to go see it but I figured-” Once again I was interrupted.

“Don’t change the subject, Bre! Who’s it with? Those strippers, ain’t it? You didn’t tell me you had a thing for them.”

“What? No, it’s not them. And why would I go on a date with both of them at the same time?”

“So it is a date. Eh?” *Great. I done gave myself away. Ha Na and her brain tricks!*

“I guess I walked into that one…”