The Way Home pt. 1

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 8 

 

As we walked to the door I saw Kai coming out the bathroom. “Damn strippers,” I blurted out.

“What?” Kris asked.

“That damn stripper over there. Where is he going?” I thought out loud. “Hey stripper! I forgot to tip you! Here, come get your moneys.”

“Please, we’re so close to the door, don’t act up now.” Kris looked up to the sky.

“What kind of stripper doesn’t want his moneys? He earned it, right?” I asked Kris who just looked at me in shock.

“Jesus please just be quiet.” Kris asked.

“Oh Jesus, oh Jesus. Stop crying like baby,” I joked with him.

“Whatever, where do you live?” Kris asked, sounding aggravated.

“Up in the sky, and 8 stories high~” I answered.

“So you rhyme when you’re drunk?” He asked in the same tone.

“Maybe?” I giggled. “We turn out the alley, and turn right, that’s the way.”

“OK, then where do we go?” He asked.

“3 blocks right then we stop, go up 7 floor and the one on top.” I replied.

“What does that mean? 8 floors right?” he asked.

“Didn’t I tell you that already?!” I said.

“Ok you don’t have to yell. Oh look, we can eat here” He said. “You want some spicy rice cakes?”

“You asking stupid questions again? Huh!?” I challenged. “I’ll yell at-…ohhhhhhhhhhhh spicy rice cakes!!”

“Two orders, please” Kris asked the Ahjumma.

“Oh don’t worry I got it.” I open my purse but saw there was no cash. “There are no moneys in here.” Before I could dump my entire purse on the table Kris stopped me.

“Wae?” I asked. I looked down and saw a dollar. “Ump, look I found moneys”

I handed it to the Ahjumma and she just giggled. ”Is this the foreign girls first time having soju?” She asked Kris.

He nodded and smiled. “Yes, Ahjumma, it is” he answered.

“Here have the third one free and get her some plum tea before she sleeps so the hangover won’t be so bad.” She informed him.

“Araso, kamsahapmida,” he replied as we started to leave. “To the store to get you some plum tea. Just my luck; the corner store is still open.”

We walked in the store. “Stand here. Don’t move.” Kris demanded.

“Don’t move. Blah blah.” I mocked him as he walked back. He came back up with a small yellow box.

“Hey, do you plan to buy all this stuff she’s putting up here?” The store cashier yelled out.

“What?” He asked confused.

He looked at the counter that was covered in candy and he turned to the cashier. “Where is she?”

“At the sodas?” The cashier answered.

“Hey Kris, look I got you some drinks, you look tired,” I said to him.

“Put those down.” He demanded.

“Ani, I want a soda!” I begged.

“No, you got tea, plum tea. It’s good.” He assured me.

“Really!” I asked surprised. I shoved all the sodas back. “I want tea~” I sang.

“Is she drunk?” asked the cashier.

“Yes, I’m sorry” Kris bowed to the man.

“Just get her out of my store” he said.

“OK , can I have this and these three pieces of candy” Kris asked

“Ok, that’s $5” the cashier told him.

“Ok now to my house to have a party with soda, um, I mean tea. Ohhhhhh a tea party! Like in New Zegland or Zeeland, whatever!”

We walked out of the store and walked up the street. “Stop, now we go up number 8.”

“OK, here we go.” Kris assured.

“Here we go~!” I mocked.

When we got to my floor, we stood there. “No question, good just follow.” I said and Kris followed as I staggered to my room door. I opened the door and fell.

“Oh are you ok?” Kris asked helping me up.

“Yeah I’m fine. We going to have our tea party now?” I asked.

“Yes,” he answered with a sigh.