Maybe Another Time

I Just Can't Choose!

Chapter 35

 

I slapped her arm. “Ha Na!”

“Whoa, Bre. That wasn’t so nice.” I plastered a smile. “If you didn’t want us to come with you, you could have just said so…” SeHun pouted.

“Ani! It’s not that I don’t want you to come, it’s just…it’s just…  Aish SeHun! You don’t want to come dress shopping with me~ I’m so picky~.”

“But we can help you find another nice gold dress so you’ll look extra pretty on your date this weekend.”

*I guess having other male’s take on the dress wouldn’t hurt. As long as these two aren’t low-key s. * I eyed the two as I thought about what they could really be up to.

“Yo… Why are you looking at us like that…?” ChanYeol started to slowly back away.

“Err. Nothing. I… thought I saw something on your shirt,” I wiped whatever I ‘saw’ off of his shoulder, “See? All gone.” I grabbed Ha Na and walked to the nearest shop to get away from the awkwardness.

 

----

 

Ha Na and I walked around all the different stores, with ChanYeol and SeHun following not too far behind.

"Why did you invite them with us? What if they find out about me and Kris?!" I whisper-yelled at Ha Na.

"Chill," she casually said, "aren't you glad I told you to change your clothes, though? They would have seen you looking a mess. Mhm. What a tragic thought."

I nodded. *That is true...* I shook my head. "That's not the point! The point is I don't want anyone finding out about Kris and me until things are official." *Or not official.* I tried not to think about the possibility that Kris is only using me because I'm foreign.

*I don't think he's that type of person... Then again, you never know who someone is once those doors close…* I argued back and forth with my conscience. *But he's so nice and kind. Maybe it's only a front and all he really wants is to get in your pants. That’s probably why he kissed you on the first date, to speed things up a bit. No, that can't be right. I think he's- no. I know he's different from other guys. Not only did he tell me, but he just give me this vibe that makes me want to-*

"Bre!"

"What?!" I yelled. *Who is this person who just broke me from some very serious thoughts!?*

"Geez, you didn't have to yell. I was just trying to get your attention..."

I relaxed my state of mind and brought myself completely back to earth. “Sorry, SeHun, but you don’t break a black woman from her thoughts by yelling and not expect to get yelled back at. I’m just saying.” I held my hands up in defense and turned to Ha Na for back-up.

Ha Na nodded, agreeing with me, and turned back to the dresses she was looking at.

SeHun and ChanYeol stood, audibly thinking about what I said. “Black women get mad when you make them stop thinking?”

“What do they think about that’s so serious, though?”

“So what about a white woman? Do they get mad to?”

“Mollayo, I’ve never been around a white person long enough to know.” They both shrugged and looked over to find me and Ha Na rolling over laughing. “Yah. What’s so funny?”

“Yah? You ‘yah’ the person who makes your music now? That’s cool, too.”

SeHun looked lost. “It’s cool?”

“That’s what she said. I think that’s how they do things in America, maknae.” ChanYeol nodded at himself.

“No, ChanYeol,” we laughed again at their cluelessness, “When I said ‘that’s cool, too’ I was being sarcastic. You know… sarcasm?”

“Ahh~” SeHun exclaimed.

“Yeah~” I replied.

“I still don’t get it.”

“Of course you don’t, SeHun. Your brain isn’t fully developed yet.”

“Yah!” He smacked ChanYeol’s arm and pouted oh so cutely. “Like you get it.”

ChanYeol faked a cough and looked away from me. All I could do was shake my head. *Aish, these derps.*

“Ok. I’ll give you an example.” I went over beside SeHun and stood in front him. “Say if we’re a stranger and we’re both walking down the street. You start walking slowly towards me.” He started walking slowly and so did I. “You watch too Yeol.” He nodded and focused. “Now, if you bump into me,” I pulled SeHun into me to make him bump my arm, “And you were to keep walking instead of saying excuse me, I would say something like ‘so you’re just gonna bump into me without saying anything? Okay. That’s cool, too, I guess.’ Then I’d probably curse you under my breath and keep walking heh.”

“Ahhh~ I get it, I get it. That wasn’t so hard then.” He waved his hand.

“Or was it...” Ha Na whispered to me. I playfully hit her arm and we laughed again at the giants, now walking behind us.

 

----

 

We walked into a medium sized dress shop. “This place is so nice…” I admired the small decorations here and there. It really was a nice place to be so small. It was big enough for you to have room, but small enough to hear what the person on the other side was talking about. With that being said, I overheard the store clerks goggling over ChanYeol and SeHun.

“Waah. How can there be someone so beautiful?!”

“It’s obvious. They’re models.”

“But why are they with her then?”

“The black girl? That, I don’t know. She probably forced them to come with her. And the other girl, too.”

I didn’t want to say or do anything because I would have only made myself look even more terrible than I already do to them. I looked down and clenched my fist together and kept walking towards the back of the store.

I felt someone’s hand slide into mine and loosen my fist to hold their hand. “Calm down, Bre. They’re just ignorant people.” I looked up to ChanYeol and smiled an appreciative smile to him.

“Hey!” We heard SeHun yelling and both turned around. He was walking up to the store clerk, obviously pissed off. He slammed his fist on the counter and got close to her face. “If you have something to say, I prefer you saying it aloud instead of being the cowards you are and whispering it to others. If you can’t say it out loud, maybe you shouldn’t say it at all, don’t you think?” She nodded, scared. “Now, don’t be so stupid, girl, and don’t talk about my friend that way ever again. Got it?”

She nodded again. SeHun smiled at her, "Good," and smoothly walked over to us. “Ready to shop?” he grinned as if nothing happened.

I looked at ChanYeol, then to Ha Na, then back to SeHun. “Dude, why did you say that to her?!”

“Because I knew you wouldn’t.” I opened my mouth to protest then I realized how right he was and decided to just let it go. ChanYeol and SeHun went on the other side of the store to the shoes while Ha Na and I looked for a dress. We searched through all of them and picked out a few for me to try on.

“Hmmm…. Nope. Too many ruffles.” I went back inside and tried on a red and blue dress. “Hmmm… Nope. I don’t like the design.”

“Aish. Where are ChanYeol and SeHun? They’re supposed to be helping me, too.”

“I’ll get them. You go change into the next dress.” I put on the next dress. It was a light blue sundress with yellow flowers scattered on it and flared out at the bottom. Personally, I loved the dress. Even though it wasn’t as tight as the last, it still showed off my curves and it wasn’t too light for my skin. It was the perfect dress, but still I had my worries.

“Okay. What about this one?” I walked out of the dressing room, smoothing those last minute wrinkles down. I spun around twice so the dress would flare only to look up to a stunned SeHun, an astonished ChanYeol and an approving Ha Na. “Well?”

“It’s so perfect!”

“You look amazing, Bre.”

“Hellz yeah! We found your dress, mami!”

I laughed as they all complimented me. “Thanks guys, but I dunno. Is this date appropriate? What if it turns out to be like a bowling date or something?”

“Who bowls? That’s so…. 1975.” ChanYeol hit SeHun’s arm. “I’m just saying. If this guy takes you bowling, you call me and I’ll come save you from such torture.” He pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it up. “I’m serious, Bre. Just a phone call. One ring and I’ll answer.”

I laughed at him. “Thanks, SeHun, but I doubt if he’ll take me bowling.” I looked at Ha Na, being that she is the only one who knows he is. “And if he does, I’ll tell him to take me back home so I can cry in a corner.” We all laughed at my joke. “Alright, so I guess we’re getting this one?” I looked to them for one last say-so and they all re-approved. “Okay then. We’ll be on our way then.”

I went back inside the dressing room to take off the dress and gather the other dresses I tried on. Ha Na, ChanYeol and SeHun waited at the front for me. SeHun eyed the clerk as he walked pass her and she visibly swallowed. ChanYeol snickered at them and pulled SeHun over to chat a little as they waited for me. Ha Na stood close to them, but focused more on all the small jewels and charms in the glass.

 

I came out the dressing room and placed the clothes that I wasn’t buying on the rack and walked to the front to pay. As I stood at the counter and paid, from the corner of my eye I noticed ChanYeol and SeHun watching me. I looked over to them and ChanYeol smiled at me. We held eye contact for what felt like forever until SeHun nudged him back to earth. I, too, came back to my senses and took the bag from the clerk and walked out the store with Ha Na, SeHun and ChanYeol still following behind us. *What’s up with ChanYeol? ….Whatever.*

“Yo. What was that, huh~? I saw the hand-holding and secret smiling. Something going on between you and Yeollie that I missed?”

I looked at Ha Na as if she’s lost her mind. “Uh, hello? Did you forget about Kris that fast?”

“I should be asking you that question.”

“ChanYeol and I are just friends. I’m perfectly fine with what I have and I’m not trying to mess it up already.”

“Sure.” She sped up and walked ahead of me, leaving me behind.

“Choi Ha Na!” I ran up to her. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. I have something to tell you. Ready to leave? I’m kinda tired.” She pouted and slouched.

“Yeah, I am, too. I guess we can go then.” I turned around to tell ChanYeol and SeHun that we’ll be leaving, but they were nowhere to be found. “I think they left us already. Maybe we were boring them.”

“YO!”

“AAGH!” I held my heart. “What the heck, SeHun?! You almost killed me!”

“Mianhae, Bre.” He smiled at me and walked over to Ha Na. He held out an ice cream cone. “For you. Vanilla.” ChanYeol came not too far behind him and walked up to me.

“And for you, strawberry shortcake.” He held out the cone and I took it with my free hand.

“It’s like you already know everything about me! How’d you know I loved strawberry shortcake?”

He shrugged. “Lucky guess. Oh and also because Ha Na told me.” I wacked his arm and we shared a laugh. *Stupid kid.*

We ate our ice creams as we walked back to the main street to catch our taxi home. “Well guys, I’ll see you tomorrow at work?”

“Yupps.” SeHun finished what was left of his ice cream and went over to Ha Na. “Will I see you, too?”

She stood there speechless. Was the maknae taking an interest in my best friend? “Unfortunately,” I cut in between the two, “she has her own job to head to. Isn’t that right Ha Na?” I pinched her arm and she jumped.  

“Yeah, what she said.”

“Maybe another time, maknae.” ChanYeol pushed SeHun away and he approached me. Ha Na took the bag from me and loaded it in the taxi and got in. “So, Ms. Bre. Our day ends here I guess.”

“Aniyo~ we’ll see each other at work tomorrow, remember?”

“Ah yes. Work.” He pouted.

“Don’t do that, ChanYeol. We can hang out again some other time.”

“Yeah... okay. That sounds nice. I had fun with you today, Bre. Whoever you’re going on that date with is a lucky guy. Too bad for him, I got to see your dress first.” We laughed once more and said our good-byes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He hugged me against his giant chest and I hugged him back.

“Thanks again, guys. I appreciate your help! Mwuah!” I blew them both a kiss and got in the taxi.  ChanYeol ‘caught’ his kiss and ‘stole’ SeHun’s.

“Hey! Bre! He stole my kiss~” He pouted.

*Such a kid, I swear!* “You’ll get another one later, maknae. Bye!”

The taxi drove off past ChanYeol and SeHun, as they continued their day.

“Ahh.” I sat back in my seat. “That was fun, right Ha Na?” No answer. “Ha Na?” I looked back to find her knocked out sleeping. *Was she really that tired? Sheesh.* 

 



 

Here's another long chapter for you! Sorry again, it took so long, but school is getting crazy cause of midterms T_T 

Leave us your thoughts and comments and feel free to upvote and subscribe at anytime ^_^ 

Kamsa! 

Soori♥