"Will I get a gift tonight?"

I Just Can't Choose!

 

 

Chapter 24

 

“So,” Kris started, “do you mind… if I call you my Hershey’s kiss, or is it too early for that?”

“Hmm… I dunno…” *Who am I kidding, you can call me WHATEVER you want, baby! I mean, uh-* “Yea I guess so… it wouldn’t hurt. Now I have to think of a name for you.”

“Well the fans call my Prince Kris, male god, duizhang, just to name a few. Feel free to pick any of those.” He laughed under his breath. *I know this guy really don’t want me to call him a male god?! Does he think I’m really his fan? Hmph, that’s foolishness. That’s just crazy people talk. Me? A Kris fan? Never, pff.*

“I think, uh, I’ll just make one of my own…”

“Go ahead, take your time. Have fun with it.”

“Yea,” I give him the ‘are-you-crazy’ eye, “Sure, I will.”

We sat there quiet for about 5 minutes, until he asked me a question that I never expected.

“So,” he looked me in the eyes, “Your first love, what was he like?”

I look at him for a minute. “Really? You want me to talk about my first love on our date?”

He looked around, “…Yea.”

“Isn’t that going to ruin our date, I mean, you don’t usually talk about your exes with someone you’re on a date with-”

“I like how you’re constantly referring to this as a date.”

I paused in thought. *What? So… wait,* “Is this not a date?”

“It is.”

*Chill pill taken.* “Sooo, what’s the problem?”

“Nothing. It’s just cute.”

“OH. Okay… uh, so, yea, my first love…” I start to explain to him, “My first love, Oh MinHyun, was the one person who made me feel like I was just as normal as him. He showed me that love comes in many different colors; no matter your skin, there is someone that loves you for you. In this case, it was him and me. Also he was in America for a long time so he was introduced to different people and cultures.”

“Oh I see. Was he better looking than me?” He asked with a serious face.

“Like really?! Sometimes it’s more than just looks, you know!” I said with a disbelief look on my face.

“I’m just teasing you,” he chuckled. “He was a smart man. It’s a good thing that he was open to other cultures, too. I would have never run into you at the club that day. In some ways, he’s kinda like me: I studied in Canada so I’m also open to other cultures. I think that if I wasn’t rapping I’d probably still be in Canada and probably be lost.”

I looked at him for while “Why would you be lost?”

“Well one I wouldn’t be here. I would have never the light while you were in our break room searching for coffee, I’d never had ran into you at the club that night and drag you home drunk, and you would have never thought we slept together, and you would have never called me and I wouldn’t have never asked you on a date and we wouldn’t be here today… on this date.” He said with a gleam in his eye.

All I could do was sit back in shock that he remembered all these events. *What does this mean, does he really like me this much?*

“If you’re speechless I understand. I do that to some girls.”

 *Why did he have to open his mouth and ruin my whole mood?! Hmp, this kid.*

“You’re Jangeo-gui, Hope you enjoy.” The waitress smiled and nodded at Kris.

“Well, she has perseverance, even though she clearly sees I’m on my second date with my heresy’s kiss.”

“Second date?” I asked “What are you talking about? This is the first date.”

“No, this date you’re not completely drunk and yes I consider that a date. I bought you food and I took you home, with a gift by your bed.”

“The candy?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yes the candy was a gift, yea that wasn’t our best night together but I still got you a gift. I don’t know, it’s just something I like to do.”

“So will I get a gift tonight?” I teased as I sat forward.

“Maybe. We’ll have to wait and see.” He smiled and sat back in his seat.

I looked at our food. *This does look rather appetizing… maybe if I start eating he will, too-* I broke free from my thoughts when the most mindboggling, preposterous, far-fetched, and unthinkable thing happen: Kris picked up a piece of eel with his chopsticks and put it to my mouth. *Oh. My. Gosh. Is he feeding me?!!?!? *

“Ahhh,” I slowly opened and he put the food in my mouth, and smiled. “Is it good?”

I began to chew the eel. Looking at Kris, I begin to wonder what’s going on in his head. *Why did he… whatever. I ain’t complaining.* “Yea,” I answered him, “it’s really good.”

“I’m glad you like it. I hear it helps increase stamina,” he fed me more, “and you eat it to avoid heat exhaustion.”

*Yea you right about the heat. It is getting kinda hot in HERE…*

“You okay?”

“Yea, of course. Why?”

He looked at me sideways, “Are you thinking about something?”

“Noo... Well, yea…”

He puts his arms on the table and rests his head on his fist. “Ooh really? I wanna know.”

“Seriously?”

“Yupp.”

“Okay. I was thinking about…”