Getting The Job

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 1

 

“I got the job!!!” I jumped around happily as S.M Entertainment told me that they had a position open and was looking for fresh, new talent.

I couldn’t help but jump around and sing ‘Tuesday’ because that was the day that they were going to give me a tour and show me my position, I really didn’t care what the job was. I knew I was to start small then I would grow to a bigger and better position.

 I wanted to celebrate, so I call my best friend Choi Ha Na and my guy friend Park Seon Man for some karaoke. We sang thousands of songs that night. Although my friends drank, I didn’t so was the designated driver at my own celebration.

When I got home that night all I could think of was Tuesday and if I would meet any one special like an idol or a famous producer. I would tell them to look out for me because I was coming to write songs for them and maybe produce something for them. The thought made me chuckle under my breath as I lay in the bed of my one bedroom apartment. I have been waiting for the opportunity for a long time. Writing for underground artists was great, but it was time to move up. I thought for a long time that my color had something to do with since I wasn’t light like the people of Korea.

 My first Korean love explained to me that it was nothing to do with color unless you’re on TV. If you weren’t behind the scenes, you had to be talented, look good, and either knew someone that could help you. If you didn’t have a “fall on” person to help you, you gained some experience and show them what you have to offer and go with the upmost confidence. 

I woke up to a Monday morning and decided to buy a new outfit for my first day of work. While eating my corn flakes I pondered what color I should wear. “Blue? No. Maybe purple. I should stick to grey and brown since they match my skin tone.” I washed out my bowl and spoon and put on a pair of blue jeans with a shirt that had 2 pieces of bread and one had jelly the other had peanut butter with the saying ‘perfect match’.

I walked to streets of Seoul looking at all the t-shirt at the edge of the sidewalk. Although it’s not what I was looking for, I came across a small boutique that was called ‘World of Fashion’ and went inside. I froze once I saw the types of clothes they had. I walked straight to the black section, since black was my favorite color. I picked up a jacket that was sheer with glitter. *It has been decided; I’m wearing black and silver* Now that I thought about it, it was perfect because I had some heels that were black with glitter and a chain around the top. I couldn’t resist when I saw them online plus I have to by my hells offline anyway Korean women tend to have small feet, too small for me to buy their shoes.

I settled for a plain light gray dress since my shoes and jacket were so decorated and loud. I have to go all the way to the outskirts of Seoul to get my hair done, since they are the only ones who can do my hair correctly because we have the same hair. *Do I really want to go that far?* “Naah, no need. Just curl your hair.” I treated myself to some lunch and a bubble tea before I went home. I took my shoes out and put them buy my brand new dress and jacket.  I sat on my computer getting ready to stir up some beats for a future client, when Secret Garden came on and I watched that until I dozed off, with no dinner. That morning I woke up around 6 a.m. even though I’m not needed there till 10.

*Awww, 4 hours left. It won’t take me that long to get dressed.* I realized how early it was and called Ha Na to ask her if she want to accompany me to Dunken Dounuts. I called her roughly 4 times before she answered. “Yeoboseyo?”

 “Errm, hello”

 “I thought that were you calling, what?”

“So rude, you want some Dunken Dounuts?”

“What? You called me for Dunken Dounuts?”

“…Yeah”

“Goodbye.”

“No wait! Today is my first day at work but I don’t have to be there until 10 and I need something to do, so please go to breakfast with me!” I tried to rush and say it all.

“Well, ok but you’re paying I’ll meet you by the Chungychung entrance at 5:45.”

“Okay, bye.”

It was 5:20 now, I put on some jeans and a t-shirt, grabbed my purse and left. When I got there is was about 5:30 so I got us a small cup of coffee.  It was about 5:40 and like always Ha Na was early. I handed her the coffee and we left.

We walked down the stairs to the river and sat there for about 20 minutes.

“You excited about your job?”

“Yeaa, I hope I see some idols like Amber or Taemin” The thought brought a smile to my face.

“So your plan is to work there so you can get an idol spouse??” she questioned. She looked up to find me giving her a death glare.

“How could you say that?! Your brain should fall out ta your ears! You know nothing and you call yourself my best friend!!”  

“What, that’s crazy. You’re over here feeling yourself cause you MIGHT meet an idol. Do you know how big S.M. is? What are the chances of you seeing someone like that?”

“Well, now it’s more likely to happen because I’m working there now. You’re mad cause I might meet Jinsu and he falls for a ‘foreigner’.” Now I was getting a death glare, a bad one. Ha Na LOVED Jinsu so much if he walk by she’d have a heart attack.

After that small chat, we looked at some racks on the sidewalk of cheap clothes and finally stopped at Dunken Dounuts. I told her about my outfit and the demo I was composing for one of my underground clients.