Guilt

That Girl, Which Boy?

When you came back to the dorm, the others still hadn't finished their lessons. Your stomach was growling with the want for food so you decided you'd fix something up for yourself.

That reminds me. I still have to prove to Sehun that I can cook.

You opened the fridge door and found a plastic tupperware box inside with a label on it.

 

Haneul,

This is in case you're hungry when you get back and no one's here. Sorry for being an before. I really am sorry.

Lay

 

Inside was a bit of fried rice with chopped honey glazed pork and some steamed vegetables. Your heart softened at the gesture.

'I reckon there's something bottled up in him at the moment and he wanted to use today to think about it.'

Maybe Suho's right. If it was something on his mind then now he's had a little blow up, so he probably feels guilty.

You didn't have it in you to simply ignore the food he had so clearly set aside for you so you tossed it in the microwave to heat it up. As the microwave whirred, you left the kitchen. Your mom had always told you that the waves emitted from the microwave would give you cancer. Urban myth or not, you didn't want to take your chances.

You saw the fabric laid out neatly on the table. One curtain had already been sewn up and hung up whilst the other lay flat on the worktop.

So he did go and buy it after all

You noticed he had drawn on the lines where the hem needed to be sewn up in tailors chalk and you picked up the needle, threaded it and tied a knot at the end. Carefully pushing it through the thick fabric, you began sewing up the hem until you heard the ding from the microwave. Setting down the needle, you took the box out with the oven gloves, put it on a cold china plate and took it to your room. 

As you waited for the food to cool, you sent a quick text message to D.O

Oppa! I realized I never ended up cooking dinner that day we came back from Gapyeong county. Is it okay to cook tonight? ^^

You waited for his reply, wondering what would be best to cook. Your phone buzzed and you grabbed it. 

I don't think I'm cooking tonight. Yeol said something about noona coming over... Mianhae...

You smiled as you typed back your reply.

That's alright! Its always fun whenever noona comes round^^ do you think I can ask for Maddie and Ah Ri to come too?

Noona will probably jump for joy that there's more girls around. Shall we invite Jinri-ssi and Jaemin-ssi too?

You noted that he hadn't mentioned Aaron but your phone flashed up again.

And Taejoon too of course

You half laughed to yourself when you saw that added message. 

I'll tell everyone ^^

Settling down your phone, you picked up your chopsticks and began eating until it bleeped once more. It was D.O again.

Haneul-ah... Aren't you supposed to be with Lay? I just saw him being dragged off by Seohee?

You raised your eyebrow

Seohee? Why's Seohee with him? Heck, why is he roaming around campus?

You quickly sent back your reply.

Lay popped out for a bit, that's all ^^ see you later oppa!

 

---

 

Meanwhile, Seohee had Lay cornered.

'So what did you call me about?' she asked

'I... Ah, you're going to kill me...'

'Spit it out Lay'

'You're really scary, you know.'

'Why do you think Jongdae and I get on so well? He trolls people and I scare him back into shape.'

'Evidently you're the one who wears the trousers in your relationship'

'Of course! Hey, stop dodging my question. You called me and now you're not telling me what its about?'

'I got in an argument with Haneul'

'So?'

'So... Wait, why are you acting like it's not a big deal?'

'Everyone argues, Lay it's normal. What did you argue about?'

'Well okay maybe argue isn't a good word for it.'

'You're irritating me, Lay. Come on. What really happened? It must have been big to have you fussing over it and calling me up.'

'I sort of snapped at her. She didn't do anything wrong but I was just so horrible to her. I feel really bad because she left. I didn't mean to... I just have a lot on my mind and she was there and... I guess I shouldn't have taken it out on her, should I?'

'Did you say anything particularly bad? How did she react?'

'Does slapping me in the face count?'

Seohee's jaw dropped.

'She slapped you?!'

'That's bad isn't it?'

'Well you must have been a pretty big , I won't lie here. What's wrong? Why are you getting so agitated with her?'

'It's not her I'm angry with! I just can't work out what's going on. I'm angry at myself.'

'Speak Korean please. Say something I understand.'

'As in... I don't know who I like and everyone's pressuring me to figure it out. Like Kris and Luhan are both really angry with me because I think I might like Huiling-'

'If Haneul and Huiling both fell off the Titanic simultaneously, no one else was around and you could only save one, who would it be?'

'What the-'

'Answer it!'

'Erm... Huiling?'

'Huiling... Seriously?'

'See even you're surprised.'

'Yeah I am. It's because I've seen how you look at Haneul and how you look at Huiling. Feeling some sort of fulfilment towards Huiling isn't the same as loving her. Why would you save her first?'

'Because Haneul can swim.'

'See'

'I don't get it...'

'You already clearly assume Haneul willl survive falling off the Titanic because she can swim. You're just picking Huiling because she would die whereas Haneul wouldn't. Who would you save if you knew you'd get a kiss from them afterwards?'

'What?!'

'Come on! Answer!' Seohee smirked, clearly enjoying herself

'I'd save... Ha... Oh I don't know.'

Seohee checked her watch and pulled a face.

'Okay well I'm late for Jinri's recital so she's going to kill me. Get back to me when you figure it out, okay?!'

'But...'

'You'll work it out eventually, Lay! Just don't get slapped anymore!'

 

---

 

Night time came quicker than quick. You went with Baekhyun to pick up Maddie and Ah Ri from their apartment and had managed to have a lot of fun teasing him about his rather obvious liking to your friend.

'Just ask her out!'

'Why? I don't even like her!'

'Oh shut up, Byun Baekhyun. Don't lie to me.'

'It's true though!'

'As if'

'Okay well out of interest... Would she say yes?'

You howled with laughter. 

'She already knows you changed to English for her.'

'What?! That's not true!'

'It's partly true though, isn't it?'

Baekhyun went silent as you roared with laughter again. 

'You're too obvious' you said, 'changing subjects to be able to talk to her, aigoo...'

'Well what about Lay? He changed to be closer to you.'

'Ha! As if!'

Baekhyun smirked, 'don't believe me? You already know he switched to make sure those guys didn't try and do anything to you.'

'Yeah, I know that already-'

'But didn't I switch subjects to get away from the guy that beat me up too?'

'Well yes but-'

'Is that not saying something?'

'Are you telling me Lay likes me the way you like Maddie?'

'Do I like Maddie?'

'Well... Yes.'

'Do I?'

The taxi pulled up outside the apartment block and Baekhyun grinned, flicking your nose.

'We're here. Go get them, I'll wait here.'

As you waited for your friends to lock up their apartment, you couldn't help but think about what Baekhyun had said.

Did Lay like me before? Before Huiling came?

'Han?' Ah Ri waved her hand in front of your face, 'Han, why are you spacing out?'

You shook your head, 'no, nothing. I was just thinking about tonight'

'You're that excited?' Maddie said laughing as you walked out of the elevator.

She squealed quietly when she saw Baekhyun standing by the taxi waiting casually. He looked like he was modelling for a magazine and you almost choked with laughter.

'You can't be as excited as she is' Ah Ri whispered into your ear as you approached the taxi, 'she's been talking non-stop about him all afternoon- literally ever since you texted us. Literally, Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that...'

Ah Ri cleared and held her hair up the way Maddie had done hers.

'Ah Ri! Ah Ri!' she mimicked, 'Ah Ri, look at this! It's a photo of Baekhyun on Han's facebook! Isn't he sooooo hot?!'

You laughed as Maddie turned around and glared at her. Baekhyun held open the door and waited until the three of you had gotten into the back seats. He then took his place in the front passenger seat beside the driver. 

'We all good to go?' he said in English

Maddie and Ah Ri nodded as the taxi started to make its way back to your dorm. You leaned forwards and whispered into Baekhyun's ear so that the others wouldn't hear.

'I like how you undid the buttons on your shirt and styled your hair before Maddie came out. I almost vomited with laughter when I saw you' 

'Oh shut up, Haneul'

 

 

 


Sorry guys it's been a while, hasn't it? So since I haven't updated, what's happened? The MV teaser was released and the dance MV was also released! I have to say, I really like Wolf. I am so glad there wasn't any weird crawling in the movie and the drama version LOOKS FREAKING INSANE. I CANNOT WAIT. I was going to halt updating until the drama MV came out but I'm not sure when it'll come out... Perhaps tomorrow since tomorrow is the 3rd? EXO's album is released tomorrow (despite it's leak but that's a different story) so my guess is that the drama version will come out tomorrow too. LETS HOPE AND PRAY! 

In other EXO-y haneul-gateun related news, I've actually written a Kaisoo fic! I started getting these incredible Kaisoo feels all of a sudden (twitter followers, I blame you) so I just HAD to get something out. It's my first full angst story and I really put in a lot of effort into it ^^ It's super short (less than 10 chapters long, I know I'm the queen of super long stories) and I'm currently uploading it chapter by chapter onto AFF. There's no romance so it's not but I hope you'll check it out nonetheless. Enjoy!

 

Inebriation- a Kaisoo story by haneul-gateun

 

I wanted a nice fun chapter with something to build on so I apologise for the filler-y-ness of this! Hopefully you liked the sarky attitude of Seohee and the greasiness of Baekhyun?