Presents (Part 1)

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Noona! You're back!' Sehun yelled from the other side of the room.

Baekhyun came out from the laundry room. 'Ah noona, how have you been?!'

'Noona, you're looking healthy!' said Lay, smiling.

Jiyoung had to stop herself from tearing up.

'Aigoo, look at all my little donsaengs! You're all so grown up!'

She noticed Chanyeol peering into the shopping bags and turned around, hitting him with her handbag.

'Yah! Park Chanyeol! Stop trying to see what your present is!'

'Present?' said Kris, confused.

You nodded. 'That's why I went shopping- to buy you all a present'

'Hey, you shouldn't have, Haneul...' said Suho

You shook your head furiously. 'Ani, you all deserve them!'

Jiyoung agreed with you, 'Yeah, Haneul here was pretty concerned about your health, Suho'

Suho looked at you.

'Really?'

You nodded and he looked down, as if he was ashamed.

'Mianhae, Haneul-ah. I didn't mean to make you worry...'

'You weren't the only one, Suho, so don't beat yourself up about it' said Jiyoung, trying to make him feel better

'Who else then?' said Tao

'It must have been me. I've been so on/off recently, haven't I? I didn't even apologise for missing our plans for lunch the other day' said Luhan, 'I was too busy dealing with my studying that I forgot about Haneul...'

'And I've been awful too- constantly snapping at you all and being on a rampage. No wonder you've stopped talking to me, Lay' said Kris

Lay shrugged, feeling bad aswell. 'I haven't been around either so don't feel bad. It's just as much my fault'

You couldn't bear to hear them blaming themselves any longer and threw the shirt that you had bought Lay as his present, into his face. It landed with a smack and everyone fell about laughing. 

 

'Hey!'

'It's your present, oppa'

Lay unwrapped it. 'Woah, Haneul... It's so nice! You've got such good taste!'

'It wa Jiyoung-unnie who chose it-'

'No it wasn't! I gave you the choice of 4 and you chose this one!'

'It's lovely either way. Thank you, noona. Thank you, Haneul' said Lay, bowing his head.

Jiyoung ran to him and pinched his cheeks. 'Aigoo, I've missed you and your formalities Yixing!'

'I think you've been away for too long, noona' said Kai, 'It's D.O who's formal the entire time'

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Jiyoung tutted, 'Well D.O isn't formal with me, are you Kyungsoo-yah?'

D.O shook his head. 'Does everyone want dinner? I'll start making it.' 

He got up from where he had been perched on the sofa and started to make his way to the kitchen, wondering what to make.

Bibimbap is quite easy... Or maybe spaghetti? Noona likes spaghetti...

'Kyungsoo-yah! Don't worry about it! I've ordered food! Noona's taken care of it!' Jiyoung yelled after him.

Chanyeol covered his ears. 'Yah, noona! You're so loud!'

Jiyoung hit him on the head again. 'Yah! Is that the right way to talk to your favorite sister?!'

'Noona, don't hit me!'

'You be quiet, Chanyeol!' 

She glanced at Baekhyun. 'Shall we do what we used to do?'

Baekhyun grinned. Chanyeol stood up and began to back away towards his room.

'Eh, no way! No way! Uh uh! No way! Alright, I'll shut up now! Noona can talk!'

Baekhyun pounced and ran after Chanyeol who managed to slip away and into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Kris fell about laughing. 'They used to debag him.' Everyone sniggered.

'Debag?' you asked, unsure of what it meant.

'Yeah... Pull down his trousers?' said Tao laughing as well. 

'Is that what debagging is?! No wonder he left then'

Jiyoung sighed a sigh of relief. 'Thank God that silly brother of mine is out of the way then. Let's not call him back out until the food is here. He'll have to wait for his present'

 

Not too long after Chanyeol had hidden himself away to save himself from being humiliated by his sister and his 'brother', everyone was sitting around in the living room admiring their gifts. 

'A recipe book?'

You nodded. 'I thought you'd appreciate learning new dishes and things. I know you like to be close to your mom so I hope that this helps you feel that connection'

D.O placed his hands on your shoulders, 'You, Haneul. Are. Amazing' and he hugged you.

Lay had changed into his new shirt and stood in front of everyone, gaining applause. 

'It look good, hyung!'

'Suits you!'

'You y beast!' Sehun hooted.

Lay shot him a look.

'Down, maknae! Control yourself!' said Suho, smiling at his own present.

 

Jiyoung had decided on his present as you had tried and failed to think of a suitable one for him.

'It's a Himalayan Salt Lamp. They emit negative ions which help with the wellbeing of your body. It's just very calming and good for your relaxation excetera' she explained.

'Thank you, noona. It's very kind of you. I'll use it well!' Suho gave the both of you a thumbs up.

Someone tapped you on the back.

'Yeah? What's up?-'

Tao launched into a big enveloping hug, almost knocking the breath out of you. 

'Ah, you like the bag that much, huh?' You said, though everything you said turned out to be muffled from Tao's embrace.

'I do! I do! I've been needing a new bag for weeks now but I didn't know what to buy and Haneul, this one is just so perfect for me!'

He jumped up and down like an excited bunny rabbit, running off to show it to Kris and Luhan.

 

Once Kris had managed to pry him off, he came over and ruffled your hair, as he always did. You attacked his hair too, poking your tongue out at him. 

'Like your present?'

He beamed. 'I love it' he said and he lifted up the book you had bought him.

On the Shortness of Life by Seneca

'It's an old classic I've been wanting to read for ages.'

You nodded knowingly. You had seen his to-do list on his excercise book when he had fallen asleep whilst studying at the table. 

  1. Find a way to buy On the Shortness Of Life
  2. Read On the Shortness Of Life
  3. Finish that damn essay
  4. Wonder why I decided I liked History enough to study it at University
  5. Give in last week's assignment

 

 

 

 


mianhaeyo, I didn't know how to end this chapter so it ... Let's just pretend that this chapter is joined onto the next one when I write it ^^ I wanted to put out some new material but I didn't have the heart to finish writing EVERYONE'S gifts so here's the first few ^^ Hopefully the rest will be revealed in the next chapter ^^ And Aaron will make a comeback soon enough, don't you worry my lovelys <3