Flashback

That Girl, Which Boy?

'You brats! It's time for dinner!'

You woke up to Chen shouting from out in the kitchen. Chanyeol stirred but kept his eyes shut. He wasn't letting you go for anything. 

'Chanyeol?'

You wriggled around in Chanyeol's arms but he held on for dear life. 

'Can't we just stay like this?' he whined

'Are you not hungry?' you asked

'No' he lied. As if on cue, his stomach let out a loud grumble. 

You laughed and sat up. 'Let's get something to eat. I wouldn't mind carrying on like this after dinner though'

Chanyeol sat up too. 'Wait... What?' Did I hear that right?

You yawned and stretched your arms out wide narrowly missing Chanyeol's head. He ducked just in time. 'That was the best sleep I've had in weeks, Yeollie.'

Chanyeol smiled. 'Are you okay? You can erm... You can fall asleep like this erm, in my arms... Ahem... Well yeah, you can fall asleep in my arms whenever you want... I don't mind really.'

'I'm fine, Yeollie, don't worry... And thanks, I wouldn't mind falling asleep in your arms tonight again if that's alright with you?' You grinned and swished your hair out of your face. 

Of course it is! Chanyeol took a deep breath to try and retain his composure. Be cool, idiot. Be cool. 'Sure... Park Chanyeol at your service'

 

As everyone began to pour into the dining area and take their seats, there was a thick and dense awkwardness as everyone knew something, or rather someone, was missing. 

'Who's going to get Kai?' said Chen standing with his hands on his hips. His hands were in two huge oven gloves as he had decided to make an italian style pasta bake for dinner and he hit Tao and Sehun over the head with them. 

'Maknaes?'

'Haneul's the maknae!' Tao whined

Kris shook his head. 'Don't bother sending those two. I'll fetch him'

Suho agreed and everyone else nodded too. Kris stood up, tucked his chair in and knocked on Kai's door. He turned the handle and found that the chair that had been used to lock it previously was now gone. D.O sighed and muttered to himself, taking a seat. I wish he had let me into our room, damn that Kim Jongin. Everyone stared at Kai and D.O's bedroom door expectantly. You caught yourself. 

What were you expecting? For Kai to waltz out, act like normal and be a happy dandy bunny? Because even if he did that, you all knew how much he hurt inside. So what else? Did you expect him to come out complete with red eyes, a snotty nose and a wet sleeve? Because surely seeing him like that would hurt you and everyone else too. Maybe you just didn't even believe he'd come out and that he'd stay stuffed in his room, not making conversation with anyone, even D.O.  

You stared at the door and with each second that passed, your face started go fall until eventually people began to notice how upset you were beginning to look. You willed Kris to come out of the room with Kai following him, ou wished it over and over again, reciting it in your head like a chant. Come out, Kai. Please come out. You twisted your fingers, wringing them around in anguish until you felt a cold hand gently, yet firmly, press down on them. You looked down and saw a feminine hand. Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was sitting beside you and under the table,, he held onto your hands. You were surprised by his cold touch but when you looked at him, he smiled warmly. The storm will pass, Haneul-ah. We've just got to wait and support ourselves. He'll come out eventually. Since the day Baekhyun had flown out to London on behalf of the rest of the boys, you had seen him in a different light. 

Sure, he had always been socialable. Sure, he had always looked out for you. Sure, he was still the same Byun Baekhyun. But now you had found another side to him. He was close to you just as everyone else was. In fact, you could say you were the most comfortable around him- he washed all your clothes and underwear on a weekly basis for God's sake! He treated you like the birth sister he'd never had and although you had really only just come into his life, he had adapted well to the arrival of yet another family member with an absymal past. You could see that he was aware of people's feelings. He was mature, like Xiumin, and could see when his friends needed comforting. As he held onto your hands that were tightly wrapped into a fist under the table, you were reminded of exactly what has attracted you to these boys in the first place. 

You had been thrown onto them but they had never complained and whenever you apologised for being a nuisance in their lives, they would stare at you like you had told them you were actually a boy or a runaway convict. Even when you had left them, they had welcomed you back with open arms, even going as far as to fly one of them out with what little money they had just to bring you back. There had only ever been one other time when you had felt so special and so loved. 

 

*Flashback*

'We've got a new student in our class all the way from Hong Kong!'

'Can she even speak english?'

'I bet she's a weirdo!'

'Shall we make her do our maths homework?'

'Bet you she's a complete geek!'

You sighed as you stood outside the classroom. A boy walked past you and smiled, nodding his head at you. Normally, you wouldn't care but there was something that caught your eye. The boy was exotic- a mix of two very different cultures. Half European... Half Asian... Yet what Asian? You couldn't figure it out. 

'You okay? I haven't seen you before... Are you new?'

You nodded. 'Yeah, I'm about to go in but all the kids in there are already making stupid assumptions about me.' you replied.

The boy would have thought you were slightly hurt about it but your face told him otherwise. It was hard, stony and cold. You didn't want to be in London. You didn't want to be in this stupid school starting a stupid life. The door to the classroom opened and your homeroom tutor came out. She looked at the boy. 

'Mr Ahn? Aren't you late to class? Do you want me to give you a detention?'

The boy smirked and buttoned up his top button. 

'I'm alright thanks, Ms Walker. I was just being nice to the new girl, that's all. I'll be going now then'

'Yes, go back to your form now, Aaron.'

The boy walked off sloppily and you stared after him eyeing him up and down. Strange boy.

*End of flashback*

 

You smiled a little, remembering the first time you saw Aaron, or should you say Taejoon? He was everything you hated but he had managed to get you to loosen up and live again. You hated London when you had arrived but after a few more times seeing him, that changed. Your personality changed for the better and you became the person you were now- Haneul Shin, kind and compassionate, the complete opposite of the moody and scary girl you had been at the start of your time in London.

 

*Flashback*

'You're the new girl, right?'

You rolled your eyes. 'I have a name, you know'

'Jeez, don't have to be so rude. We were just trying to be nice'

You scoffed and turned away from the two girls that were talking to you in the lunch hall. You stared out of the window, wondering what your brother was doing and your iPod to Girls' Generation- Gee. It was a classic kpop song and it helped remind you of your roots. You wondered what your mom and dad were doing at their new jobs and how they were planning on running away from this mad killing psychopath for the rest of their lives. You closed your eyes, thinking about the friends you had left behind in Hong Kong. No one knew you in London. Everyone assumed you were a dumb Chinese kid. They didn't even know you were Korean. You looked around and saw cliques of girls and groups of boys. No one mixed. It must have been the status quo. Someone sat beside you. 

'So Nyuh Shi Dae?'

You jumped and fell off your chair. That guy... From earlier... Aaron? How does he know Girls' Generation? A blonde girl behind you cackled and didn't bother to try and help you up. You sat back down on your chair and glared at her. She stood up, obviously wanting to start a fight. 

'What're you looking at, new girl?'

'You, obviously.'

'Well stop. Or are you that obsessed with me?'

You grinned. 'You wish'

'Is that all you can say? Is your English really that limited?'

The blonde girl batted her thick eyelashes. You rolled your eyes and she stared at you open mouthed. 

'Did you just roll your eyes at me?! Who do you think you are?!'

You yawned, completely taking the piss now. Why not have some fun on your first day?

'What are you? A mute? Or can you only speak Chinese or something?!' The girl laughed and you clenched your fist. 

Some boys hooted and ooohed, waiting for a fight to begin. You calmed yourself. You are not getting thrown out on your first day, Haneul. 

'Actually, I'm not Chinese. There are more races in the Oriental community besides the Chinese'

'Then what are you? A jap?!'

'Jega hanguk sarami imnida'

'What was that?'

You laughed. 'Shall I say that in words that even you can understand?'

The girl didn't say anything. 'I... IS... A... KO-RE-AN' you said slowly. The girl didn't like the way you were mocking her so openly in front of everyone. She walked closer to you so you were literally centimetres apart and she bent over you, trying to look intimidating. The boys ooohed again. You stood up and burst into laughter when you found you were taller than her. 

It was over. You had publicly ridiculed her and you walked away with a swish and flick of your long black hair. Your first day of school and although everyone took you as the punching bag, by the end of the day, just about everyone knew not to mess with Haneul Shin. 

*End of Flashback*

 

Kai didn't come out for dinner. Chen told everyone to start without him or else the food would get cold and so everyone obliged. He didn't come out whilst you were all watching an episode of Running Man together and even when you left to go to your room, Kai still hadn't come out. D.O was due to spend the night on the sofa but Kai had opened the door for him. It was a good sign.

You sat on your floor and took out Hyun Ki's tin of photos. Rifling through them, you found the one you had wanted. It was a couple picture with Taejoon. 

 

*Flashback*

'Hey! Yoona... Hey, Taeyeon...  Aish, Seohyun! Tiffany!!!'

You turned around and saw the boy from earlier. 

'Yoona? Tiffany?' you asked him

'You listen to So Nyuh Shi Dae...'

'Doesn't make me Yoona or Tiffany or Taeyeon...'

'I don't know your name'

'It's Hana'

'Hana's not a very Korean name...'

'Neither is Aaron' you said bluntly.

The boy scratched the back of his neck. 'Aaron's not my real name.'

'Hana's not mine either. Let's form a club' you said sarcastically. 'A club for people using fake names'

'Seohyun could join then'

You laughed. What are you, a Girls' Generation fanboy?

'No... Just a Korean boy in touch with his culture'

'Wait... You're Korean too?'

'You're not the only one in the world, Hana'

You chewed your lip and Aaron laughed. 

'Meet me after school and I'll introduce you to my friends, okay? Don't get into any more fights' he waggled his finger at you as the bell rang.

You nodded. 'O-Okay...'

 

***

 

A few months later and you were dating Aaron. He turned out to be exactly what you liked- funny, friendly, easy going but he was also a lot more sympathetic and compassionate than you thought. He listened to you and talked to you about everything. The perfect boyfriend. He had introduced you to his friends that had slowly become your friends too and with Maddie and Ah Ri and Aaron and numerous other friends, you were enjoying life in London to the maximum.

*End of flashback*

 

Someone knocked on your door. 

'Come in!' you said, frantically hiding the box back under your bed. 'Luhan?'

'Can I come in?' he said quietly

'Sure you can, what's up?'

'Are you alright? What were you doing?'

'I'm fine... And nothing, I wasn't doing much'

'It's going to rain tonight, Haneul-ah...'

You nodded and lifted up an extra fleece blanket. 'I'm all prepared.'

Luhan smiled. 'Seems like you are... I'm going to go then'

'Is that all you wanted to tell me?' you asked

'Yeah, that's all. Good night, Haneul'

'Good night, oppa'

 

Once Luhan had left, you took out the photo again, carefully tracing the outline of your face and then Aaron's too.

I was so happy then...

 

*Flashback*

'Let me take you out tonight. Come over, I've got a free house'

'A free house?'

'Yeah. You can stay over if you want... Oh but only if you're comfortable with it. I'm not forcing you or whatever'

You nodded and gently tapped your boyfriend on the nose. 'Don't worry, I get what you mean, silly'

 

You had gone to Aaron's house and spent the night watching movies together. You had ordered two large pizzas and he had managed to get his older brother to buy a few cans of cider for the two of you. At around midnight, you went and grabbed hold of a few duvets and wrapped yourself and Aaron up in them, your legs close together and touching. One thing led to another and eventually you woke up to find you were in his bedroom together, Aaron's arm around you as he slept with only his boxers on. You knew what had happened and you embraced the fact that you had lost it to him. 

The following day had you in excruciating pain so your boyfriend insisted on giving you a bike ride home. You were happy. You stopped by the park on the way home and decided to sit and talk for a while. Taejoon gave you a leg massage to try and ease your pain but the clouds went grey and it started to rain. He picked you up and carried you to the nearest hut for shelter.

'Are you alright?' he asked you

'I'm fine, you?'

'I'm good if you are, Hana'

You stayed in the hut together, having decided to wait out the rain when suddenly there was a crack of lightning. You had never been scared of it but it had caught you off guard. You froze and kept quiet as you heard a nearby tree fall to the floor. 

'A-Aaron... T-Taejoon-ah...' you stuttered

'Come here.' Aaron stretched out his hand across you. 

You shook your head and wouldn't move. 'What if we get hit?'

'There's an earth rod in this hut so even if we get hit, the electricity will run straight into the ground. We're fine'

'B-But... What if it doesn't work?'

'The earth rod?'

'Y-Yeah'

'It will work'

'But you can't be sure. What if we die?'

'We won't die, Hana, it's okay'

You shook your head again as another clap of thunder and lightning roared above you. 'T-Taejoon-ah, can you come over here? Please?' 

Taejoon moved from his seat opposite you and sat beside you. He ped jacket and carefully placed your head on his chest. He then covered your ears with the open material and began to sing- 

*End of flashback*

 

The skies rumbled and you shrieked. Deja vu much? You carefully put the box back and huddled underneath your blankets. You listened to the rain. It reminded you of the day in the park with Aaron. You missed it. You missed being in a relationship with someone. You had never fallen out of love with Aaron and now he was here, as Ahn Taejoon, ready to claim you back. Something excited you about this but at the same time, you half wished he had never reappeared again. You wanted that life to be completely forgotten. That being said, you had kept in touch with Maddie and Ah Ri so what told you not to keep in touch with Aaron?

It was raining hard now and you glanced at the clock. Just past midnight. Everyone must be asleep now. You opened your door and made your way to the kitchen in search for a glass of water. You crept outside, taking care not to make any noise when you heard the fridge door slam and you screamed.

'Omo!'

The light and you were met with the tired and surprised eyes of Luhan.'

'Hey, Haneul...'

'You scared me!'

'Mianhae. Gwenchana?'

You nodded. 'Gwenchana'

'You sure? Can't sleep? Is it the rain and the lightning? I heard you shout before in your room.'

'I'm fine...'

'Let me help you get to sleep'

'Help me get to sleep?'

'I'll sing for you'

 

 

 


A long update for once! Annyeonghaseyo everybody! I figured I should let you know a bit more into Haneul and Taejoon's love story- adds a bit of pizazz and SPICE to the love triangles (or whatever they are) and this is a really bad and inconspicuous and totally unhelpful hint into what's going to be happening soon (so bad that it's just not a hint at all so lets ignore I even said that)... 

and don't you worry your cotton socks, I have not completely forgotten about Kai. 

AH also, I think you can all guess who the final love line is... (it is not Baekhyun so stop telling me you're shipping it >> you know who you are!) 

Enjoy your weekend, my wonderful chingus!