Calling Luhan

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Hi, you've reached Luhan's answerphone. I'm sorry I can't come to the phone right now but leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you soon!'

Beep.

You choked up on your words.

Suho was under surveillance. Kris was at wits ends. Sehun was uncontrollable. Xiumin was still missing. D.O didn't have the heart to do anything. Lay had disappeared to find Huiling but he had been informed. Kai sat at his desk doing nothing but stare into space and Tao was with Baekhyun, trying their hardest to understand the situation. Chen was currently with Seohee, breaking the news to her who would then inform others on a strict need to know basis. Those others included the Minwoo Jenny couple, Jinri and Jaemin, and Aaron. Chanyeol had sms-ed Jiyoung, knowing she was in New York and that the time difference was astounding.

Clearing your throat, you gulped a few times before mustering the courage to utter a few sentences.

'Luhan... I know you're probably working hard right now and you're definitely going to do well. It's just... I miss you and I think everyone else does... If you haven't heard about Suho yet... He's in hospital. He- He-'

'Yoboseyo?'

You gripped your mobile phone handset.

'Luhan?! Is that you?! Oppa?!' You said frantically.

His voice alone was a comfort to your ears.

'Yeah. Haneul? What's wrong? Suho's in hospital?'

'He overdosed on pills and he tried to jump out of the window today...'

'Oh my God... And how are you? Are you okay?'

You began tearing up and sniffed in the most hideous way possible, 'I'm fine'

'Yeah because you really sound like it'

'Aren't you busy at the moment? Is this a bad time?'

You could hear the sound of squeaking trainers in the background so you assumed Luhan was practising.

'No, not at all.' Luhan lied

'Hey, hyung? Can we go through this again?' Minki called

'Yeah right' you said, 'go and practice. Tomorrow's your big day'

'I'd rather talk with you for a bit. Minki won't mind, don't worry. It's just... It's so nice to hear your voice again, Haneul'

'i was thinking the same about you... Just so long as this doesn't hinder your performance tomorrow'

Luhan smiled, 'it won't'

 

You spent the following hour listening to Luhan's stories of trainee life. He told you about how he once had to run down the company corridor in just a towel when he had forgotten his clothes. He told you about the food and how much he missed D.O's home cooking. He even mentioned that at times he would have rather eaten Kris' awful food just because he missed home so much. He told you about the other trainees he had come to know. 

There was a girl who had been a trainee at SM Entertainment as a child but having decided to study in the States, gave up her position only to be scouted again by this new company whilst studying and return to Korea. There were 3 other Chinese trainees, 2 boys and a girl, and Luhan said they tended to keep to themselves as they were still new to Korea. The boys were young, only around 13-14 years old, so they weren't participating in the upcoming elimination. Their time would come soon- just as Luhan's was arriving.

 

'So how is studying?'

'It's alright, I suppose. I just wish I hadn't missed those days of lessons.'

'Why? It's perfectly alright to miss them'

'But Suho ended up staying up all night to teach me. Maybe if I-'

'Are you blaming yourself again?'

You bit your lip.

'No...'

'You had better not. Haneul, don't think that this is your fault because it isn't. In any way at all. Get that thought out of your mind.'

You knew Luhan was right.

'O-Okay'

'How are the others?'

'Lay hangs around with Huiling a lot so I only see him in lessons. Baekhyun seems cheerful though'

'When isn't he?' Luhan laughed, 'how about Xiumin?'

'Xiumin?'

You had forgotten that no one had told Luhan about him.

'Haneul?'

'Yeah, I'm here.'

'How's Xiumin doing? Actually, could you pass a message to him? There's this place I stumbled upon where it would be fantastic for us to eat at one day. Maybe even tomorrow? After the audition? Haneul? Are you still there?'

'I'm here... It's just... Xiumin's not.'

'He's not there with you guys? Where is he?'

'With Park-ssaem.'

'What? Why?'

'He came back from work really drunk...'

'Oh... ... Did he do anything to you?'

'Aniyo, D.O-oppa was my hero'

'Hero, eh?'

'It's not an exaggeration. He was the one that looked out for me when Xiumin was like that'

'Did anyone get hurt? I assume you knocked Xiumin out, right?'

'Yeah, Tao stepped in at the end. Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol got hurt but they're alright.'

'It's always Chanyeol. And I'm suprised Kris let Tao hit him'

'Why?'

'At the beginning before Xiumin made his vow against alcohol, Tao would be the one to conk him out. But he hit him too hard one time and Xiumin ended up in hospital with a broken arm.'

'I don't feel bad about being afraid of Tao when I first met him anymore, oh my God'

'So is Xiumin not back yet?'

'No...'

'Aish, just what was he thinking getting back into it?'

'Is this bad? Is he going to be like this all the time now?' you asked

Luhan could sense the worried tone in your voice. He wanted to tell you the truth but your scared question swayed his heart so he went with his head.

'...No. You'll be fine. It's just a one-off thing so don't be worried.'

 

The clock in your room beeped. It was midnight and everyone was asleep. The atmosphere in the dormitory was thick and congested- practically suffocating. Huiling was still staying in Lay's room. You thought it was pretty obvious they must be in some sort of a relationship. Suddenly, you realised that sleeping in your own room was rather lonely.

'Luhan?' you whispered

'Yes?'

'Can you sing to me?'

'Sing to you?'

'Sing to me like you used to... When I was the only one you would do it for'

Luhan smiled as he took the phonecall outside the practice room to get some quiet. 

'What would you like me to sing?'

'The lullaby, please'

You nestled down and put your phone on your pillow. Luhan also sat down on the hard floor, clutching his mobile and holding it close to him, as if it was you he was holding. He opened his mouth to sing the song that would only ever be for you.

 

宝贝,宝贝, 爱你一辈
不仅你要什么都为
 
(Baby, Baby, I'll love you eternally.
No matter what you want, I'll do/get)

He sang that sweet lullaby slowly, his voice never wavering or going off key and you found yourself feeling relaxed enough to fall asleep. After Luhan had sung, he quietly whispered, 

'Goodnight, Haneul-'

He heard a loud thump behind him and turned around to see Minki sitting on the floor, clutching his foot and looking like he was about to burst into tears. Luhan felt a pang in his heart and thinking about Suho and Xiumin especially, he made a decision. 

'... Haneul-ah, I'll see you soon.'

 


hectic week, was at school from 8am to 6.30pm every single day aigoo. Apologies on not putting up a poster. I'm currently revamping my computer so documents are kind of annoying to access. However, I have 2.5 announcements to make!

1. 'That Girl, That Boy' (the prequel to this fic) was nominated under BEST SLICE OF LIFE for the 2012 AFF EXO FANFIC AWARDS!

I don't know who nominated me but thank you very much! I'm still suprised to this day that I've recieved so much love and support for my stories. I love you guys so much!

2. This story is now on SEMI-HIATUS. 

This week has marked the beginning of my exam period so I will be updating scarcely (if at all). Don't worry though! My exams finish on the 5th June so a month from now and I'll be back for definite. I however urge you to check out my new OCxMyungsoo fic '7 Days on Date.com'. As of yet, there is no foreword or description but I'll be updating those during this semi-hiatus. You can still send me messages etc, replies just may take slightly longer ^^

2.5. I'm going to try and update again in the next few hours as a present for whoever nominated my story for the awards!