Open Day (Part 3)

That Girl, Which Boy?

'H-Haneul?... What is this? Is he really your boyfriend?'

You were stuck.

Is he?... We didn't break up... But I haven't seen him in almost a year... Surely he would have moved on...

'I never moved on' Aaron whispered into your ear.

You felt shivers running down your spine. He always knew what you were thinking. In that way, the two of you were perfect with each other. You completed each others sentences all the time. You would order the exact same thing as each other on a date or in the lunch hall and you'd laugh at how in sync you were with each other. People often questioned whether you were actually twins seperated at birth from each other but you laughed it off. You'd made sure to check his birth certificate when you went over to his house next.

'You can still tell what I'm thinking?'

'Yep, you think I'm a nuisance being here right now, don't you?' 

Aaron stood up to go but you grabbed onto his shirt surprising everyone, including yourself. 

'H-Hana?...'

'O-Oppa... Don't go... Please. I'll explain everything.'

Everyone sitting around the bench was stunned into silence. Xiumin had to grab Tao's chin before it fell to the floor and Luhan felt his fingers close into fists as he sat there, helpless. Lay had turned a ghastly pale white. 

'Hyung? Are you okay?' Sehun said quietly, trying not to draw attention to him.

You heard anyway and turned to Lay. 

'Lay? Are you okay?'

You got up and walked over to the other end of the lunch table and placed your palm on Lay's forehead, carefully brushing aside his fringe.

'You feel a bit cold... Do you want to skip duty and just go back?'

Lay pulled on his hoodie. 

'It's okay. I'll be fine'

You knew you were defeated. Lay was always stubborn about these things but this time, Suho was adamant. 

'Lay, we should take you back. D.O, do you think you could get someone to take over your duty?'

D.O nodded, his head in thought. 'Probably, we're not a very busy department, I'm not even gonna lie. I reckon they'll be fine without me.'

'That's perfect then. Do you need me to get anything? I can bring it up to the dorm in a bit...' you said, glancing at Jae Min. 

He gave you the 'ok' sign showing he was fine with it. 'You can miss your duty if you need to, don't worry about it. We're only prancing around in the pool topless and in swimsuits anyway, aren't we?' 

He added a wink and you giggled a little. D.O and Chen looked appalled. 

'Topless?! Yah, Haneul. Why didn't you tell me the girls would be in swimsuits?'

'You ert, the girls aren't in swimsuits. It's the guys! So don't bother coming down to the pool to look... Unless your 'ladies man' ways have suddenly changed.' you said.

 

You hadn't noticed Kai was still standing by Aaron looking like a lost puppy. He looked so tired and worn out from his morning duties already and you just didn't want to have him go through this whole misunderstanding as well. Chanyeol was also in an awful mood. He didn't like the way you had clung onto Aaron and called him 'oppa' like it was the most natural thing in the world. It just proved that what Aaron was saying wasn't all lies and bull. There was some truth in it. 

Suho and D.O helped Lay up. 

'We're going to take him back now. See you back at home okay, everyone?'

You nodded and Aaron noticed this. 

Why is she nodding as if she's living with them?...

He pushed that thought to the back of his mind and instead carried on a conversation with Jinri about their newest research task into Peripetie, the 'crazy composer'. You carried on talking to everyone, trying to initiate some sort of conversation but eventually, Kai dragged you away and around the corner to talk to you privately. 

You could feel the stares of everyone at the table, burning into you, through your shirt and you felt bare. Feeling bare is an awful feeling. You feel like you're being judged and although you knew that EXO were better than to make silly assumptions so quickly, you felt a little uneasy about the whole situation. 

'Okay Haneul, I can't take it. Can you please explain to me who he is?'

'I... I...'

'Whoever he is, I just need to know he's a safe person. I need to know he isn't going to hurt you. I- We... Can't have anyone hurting you'

Tears slowly formed in your eyes and you brushed them away with your sleeve of your sports sweatshirt. 

'Don't' Kai said, taking you arm away from your eyes and pulling you closer to him. 'Look, your history with him doesn't matter to me. I just want to know who he is. Curiosity is killing me.'

'Well... You know that I left London without many people knowing...'

'Didn't you say you only told your two friends? The ones that Baekhyun spoke to before?'

You nodded slowly. 'There was someone else I should have said goodbye to but I was too scared...'

'Your boyfriend' Kai said flatly.

You started crying again and this time Kai enveloped you in a comforting hug. He patted your head and let you cry. 

'I told him I loved him! That was the last thing I said to him!' you said tearfully, your voice muffled by Kai's shirt. 

Kai's own heart was close to breaking. You pulled away from his embrace. 

'Kai... Help me. I'm a confused mess right now. I don't know what I'm feeling. It's like... I was over him. Really. I was over it. But now... Seeing him here again. It's like everything's flooding back to me and I can't stop it and oh god, oppa... Help me...'

Kai laced his fingers with yours and brought them up to his chest. 

'It's okay. It's okay. Everything will sort itself out. You'll know whether or not you still love him soon. Just give yourself some time to adjust, okay?'

You nodded. 'You're always helping me out, oppa. I can't imagine what life would be like without you by my side'

Kai sighed. 

I can't imagine it either.

 

You stayed like that, unmoving and standing in a silence. Silences were no longer awkward with the guys in your dorm. You were thankful for that. Since coming back to Seoul, your friendships had gone from strength to strength- to the point where the guys felt comfortable screaming that they needed toilet roll in the bathroom. 

'I'm going to pop to the toilets, okay. Clean myself up a little...'

'Okay, I'll see you back at the table. Come back when you're ready, araso?'

'Araso'

You headed to the bathroom and after a satisfying few splashes of water on your face, you were met with the familiar face of Nana, one of the three girls who had bullied you when you first arrived in Seoul. You soon showed the trio what you were made of and now, although things weren't amazing happy happy happy, they were good enough to talk in corridors if you ever saw each other. 

'Haneul!'

'Oh hey Nana, did you have a good summer?'

'Sure did, thank you for asking'

She didn't ask you about your summer but you figured there was something important on her mind as she chewed on her lip in an agitated manner. 

'Are you okay? Is something wrong?' you asked, genuinely worried.

Nana took hold of your shoulders, frightening you a little.

'It's Kris-oppa' 

You ignored the fact that she referred to him as 'oppa' even though he didn't like it and constantly asked the trio to stop. 

'What about him?'

'I just saw something... Near the toilets, just around the corner. He looked like he was in trouble...'

'In trouble? Kris? I'm sure he'll be fine. He's good defending himself. You know him.' You smiled, almost laughing.

Nana shook her head. 'No, Haneul. It's serious. There was a woman dragging him and yelling at him...'

You almost choked.

'A woman?!'

'Yes! And she called him something in English... Was it... Disgrace-seu?'

'Disgrace?'

'That's it! Disgrace. What does it mean?'

You gulped. 'I'll-I'll tell you later. I gotta go alright. Mianhae. And thank you for telling me, Nana!'

Running outside, you spun around a couple of times and ran to the left of the bathroom building. Surely enough, you saw the giant figure of Kris being scolded and pulled around by the ear by a woman you immediately recognised as his mother and she was shouting very loudly in a mixture of English and Chinese.

Oh God, no. How many bad things can happen in a day before the Gods are happy?!

'Kris Wu Fan! I can't believe you're here in Seoul! I come here on holiday to see a friend and I see you prancing around outside advertising for this stupid university. What is this?! You're wasting your talents going to a university like this!'

'I'm wasting my talents like this?! Wasting my talents?! I'd be wasting my talents if I married that dumb girl like you wanted me to! You never considered my feelings, ever!'

'How dare you! Where have all your manners gone?! Right, I'm bringing you right back to Canada and you're going to settle down right away! Where's the head of this damn university?! Take me to see him right now!'

Kris managed to pry his mother off his ear and stepped away from her. 

'No!'

Everyone was looking at the scene including you. You felt dispair.

I have to step in.

'I'm not marrying that girl! Not now! Not ever! Just leave it! Drop that stupid idea!'

Kris and his mother had slowly been walking towards where the boys and Jinri were seated. They looked up, hearing the commotion and were sat wide eyed at the scene unfolding before them. Kris didn't notice them there, he was too busy trying to get his mother to see sense. 

'Mom! Mom! Stop! Stop!'

Kris changed the conversation to entirely Chinese. No more English. Luhan, Tao, Xiumin and Chen sat quietly listening to them arguing. They too knew that it was Kris' mom as they had seen the photo he had kept of his parents in his room. 

'Please mom, I have a life here now. I can't leave! I have people I love and look after!'

His mother gasped. 'Don't tell me... You have a wife already?! You have kids?! Is that why you don't want to marry the girl in Canada?'

'No! I'm not a father! I'm not married! I don't even have a girlf-'

You ran to step in before it got any worse.

'Kris!'

'Haneul?!'

'Who is she?' said Kris' mom in Chinese which you luckily understood. 

Before Kris could get a word out, you answered for him. You spoke fluent Chinese so it wasn't a problem.

'He can't leave, mother. I'm Kris' girlfriend.'

The Chinese speaking boys all sat there shocked. 

'W...What?' said his mom, this time in English. 

You smiled. Knowing English came in handy too. 

'I'm Kris' girlfriend.'

Aaron froze. 

What?!

 

 


ohohohohoho, I'm having so much fun now. I knew I just had to get to the juicy bits ;) I've been planning this chapter for a long long time teehee ^^ SO MUCH DRAMA! Ahhh, gosh I really do love my dramatic moments :D people want Kris and Kai moments? I served them to yaa!

I've decided to keep the poll up a bit longer since I didn't need to use Aaron's Korean name in this update :) I'm wondering if I should use his English name or his Korean name... I think I'll stick to Aaron otherwise it'll get complicated with so many Korean names ahaha. I typed up a list of all the characters I've created so far in both stories including EXO and it's about 40... Wow. It's incredible that you guys can remember all those characters too! My subbies are so clever! Jjang!