The Argument

That Girl, Which Boy?

slight use of bad language guys, don't let mummy see...


 

'Yeollie, what's up?'

You were at the hospital with the boys. Jiyoung was running late down at the agency so it was around lunchtime. The atmosphere was somewhat tense and you felt like there was a bit of cold shoulder going on. True you weren't pleased with the way you acted when Luhan told you he would be leaving that night but you decided that it was fair play that you should get upset. After all, you would really miss Luhan and everything he had done for you. 

'Mm, nothing, Haneul. It's nothing'

You sighed and Suho led you away to sit next to him instead. He tutted, seeing Chanyeol, Lay and Luhan the way they were but he didn't want them to drag you into their argument and feel guilty. 

'Suho, why's everyone so miserable today?'

'Well... Luhan's leaving tonight so I reckon the guys are just having a hard time digesting it. Are you alright, Haneul? You seemed a bit upset yesterday'

You nodded. 'I'm fine. A good night's sleep was enough to clear my head'

Suho smiled and stood up. 'I'm going to get something to drink. Want anything? Canned coffee? Soda?'

'A coffee would be great please'

Suho made his way towards the vending machines and stopped in front of them. Kris was standing by them, running his fingers through his hair. He had bags under his eyes and his skin had definitely seen better days. 

'Hyung... You look terrible'

Kris chuckled. 'Thanks Suho.'

'Didn't catch up on your sleep, did you?'

'Not a wink.' Kris groaned, 'I can't believe we woke up to hear them yelling at each other outside. Honestly, who knows who heard what. I'm surprised the others didn't wake up'

Suho chuckled. 'It was a crazy night last night, wasn't it?'

 

*Flashback*

'Not here. We need to talk privately'

Luhan followed Chanyeol to a quiet and empty park just outside the university campus. The air was cold and Luhan could see that Chanyeol was shivering and his hands were red and raw. 

'Chanyeol, is this really necessary? I'm tired and it's cold and-'

'Hyung, I need to know. You like her, don't you?'

Luhan looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol stared back.

'I take your silence as a yes then.'

Luhan was stunned. Not only had he been found out by Lay earlier on that night but now also Chanyeol? It was a bit too much for one night. He slumped down on one of the swings.

'So you know now too, huh?'

'Yeah. You... Erm, well... You made it quite obvious tonight'

Luhan laughed. 'Really? How was it- my performance I mean? Were you proud of me for getting up there?'

'I'm not too sure how it ended...'

'Wae?'

'I walked out halfway, hyung.'

Luhan could hear the anger in Chanyeol's voice. 'Chanyeol... Have I done something wrong? What's up? You know you can tell me anything.' Chanyeol balled his hands into fists. Luhan edges away from him slightly as he knew how agressive he could be when he was angry or upset. 'Chanyeol...'

'Hyung...'

There was a moment of silence as Chanyeol took a deep breath in. 

'Hyung, why do I have to compete against you too?'

He tore at his hair a little. 

'Chanyeol, I-'

'You know, hyung, I had a feeling you did. I didn't want to believe it but after tonight... Aish!'

Chanyeol stood up, raising his fist angrily. Luhan fell off the back of the swing. 

'Yeol! Wait! Stop!'

Chanyeol looked at his fist and lowered it slowly. He began to cry but quickly rubbed his tears away. I'm not letting hyung see me like this. I refuse to look weak in front of the enemy. Luhan sighed. 

'Chanyeol, let's just talk this out. I can see you're angry but-'

'Luhan... Do you know what it feels like to see her in someone else's arms when only a few minutes before, she was in yours?'

'Of course I do, Chanyeol. Don't be ridiculous. I'm suffering just as much as you are.'

'But you're not, hyung! You're not! You're good-looking! I'm just some tall freak that no one understands, okay? No one truly likes me. Not even my parents want me!'

'Chanyeol, you know that we love you. How could you say we don't like you? What about Baekhyun? And Kris? And Haneul? And everyone else?'

'Hyung, no girl will ever look at me. You're fine. You're good-looking and girls trip over themselves just to look at you. Did you hear the screams you got when you came out tonight?'

'...'

'You even got scouted for God's sake! What hope is there for me in the world? Inherit my parents' company?! Fat chance!'

'Chanyeol, calm down.' Luhan stood up and attempted to hold Chanyeol only to get a punch to the jaw, flinging him back onto his . He rubbed his jaw gingerly. 'Yeol...'

Chanyeol stared at his fist and squatted down, crying like a child. Luhan crawled forward to try again to comfort him but Chanyeol stood up again and Luhan backed away. 

'Hyung, why do you have to like her too?!'

'Please, just calm down. If it's any consolation, I'm leaving tomorrow.'

Chanyeol laughed. 'Yeah, I'm happy for you, hyung. Go and be famous and forget about us. Go and meet a pretty girl and be pretty together.' He raised his fist again and Luhan winced, shrinking back. 'Hyung, just go and off to your stupid trainee life already, okay?! Just ing get out of my life! You ruin everything!'

He almost threw the punch when his wrist was grabbed by someone familiar to him. 

 

'Chanyeol, stop.'

Luhan looked up. 'Lay...'

Lay looked drained which only added to how scary he looked. 'Luhan, get up.'

Chanyeol stared at Lay, appalled. 'Hyung, why are you butting in? off'

Lay slapped Chanyeol hard on the cheek. 'Is that any way to speak to someone older than you, Park Chanyeol?!' he barked. 'Luhan, what's going on? Why are you yelling at each other and why is he throwing punches at you?'

'Lay... He...'

'He?'

'He likes her too'

Lay froze. 'What?'

'Yeah, I like Haneul too. What's it to you?!' Chanyeol said, rubbing his cheek. 

Luhan flicked Chanyeol's forehead. 'Yah, don't talk to him like that.'

Chanyeol lifted his fist once again but Lay held it firmly down. 'Don't even think about it. Just calm the down, Chanyeol'

'Why are you against me too, Lay?!'

'I'm not against you, Chanyeol. I'm neutral but violence is never the answer, especially if it's being used on someone you love'

'As if I love hyung. He's leaving tomorrow, Lay and he doesn't even care that he's leaving the girl he likes'

'Chanyeol, Luhan isn't your only competition.'

'I know that! I'm not a pabo, alright?! Aish, look at you two. Pitying me so easily just because no one loves me and no one ever will'

'Yeol, that's not true' said Luhan

'Shut up! Be quiet unless you want another punch!'

'Yah! What the hell is going on out here?! Why the are you shouting, Chanyeol?!' Kris yelled, running to the swings. 

Suho arrived shortly behind him. 'What's going on?'

'Chanyeol's just a bit worked up, that's all...' Luhan said quietly. 

Lay sighed. 'This one got punched' he said, pointing to Luhan.

'Punched?!' 

'Yeah. By that one' he replied, pointing to Chanyeol. 

Suho pulled Chanyeol up. 'Chanyeol, come here. Let's talk, just you and I.'

Chanyeol agreed and went willingly. Suho took him to a nearby street vendor. 'One bungeo-ppang and one ddeutbokki, please'

Meanwhile, Kris had Luhan and Lay sat down on the swings and he demanded to know everything which of course, they obliged to. They confessed their feelings for you and that being the reason for the fight with Chanyeol. They confessed their intentions during the show which came as no surprise to Kris and at the end of it, Kris sent them back to the dorm before heading out to find an open convienience store to buy himself a well deserved coffee. 

 

'So tell me what that was all about... Did you really hit Luhan?'

Chanyeol nodded, nibbling on his bungeo-ppang. 

'And it was because he also likes Haneul?'

Chanyeol stopped biting for a moment to shake his head and then continued. 

'So why did you hit him? What made you that angry?'

Chanyeol stopped eating again and thought about it. 

'I'm jealous of hyung.' he replied simply before carrying on eating. 

Suho didn't say anything until the tail had been eaten and Chanyeol stared at the empty tissue paper the bungeo-ppang had been in before. 

'Yeogiyo!'

The pojangmacha lady came over. 'Yes? How can I help you?'

'Could we have another bungeo-ppang, please?'

'Of course!'

'Thank you, ahjumma. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that was rude of me to call you that. I meant chalim-sa'

The lady smiled. 'You're a lovely boy, my dear. I'll let you have the bungeo-ppang for free.'

Suho beamed but shook his head. 'No no, I'll pay for it.'

The lady left to make the bungeo-ppang and Chanyeol looked at Suho.

'Hyung, why did you call her chalim-sa? What does chalim-sa mean?'

'These days, people don't like to be called 'ahjumma' as it refers to their age. The street vendor owners all want to be called chalim-sa which pretty much means 'table-setter'.'

Chanyeol nodded. 'Ah, I get it.'

Suho smiled and put his arm around him. 'Eat as many of them as you want, Chanyeol. I know they're one of your favorite things'

'Hyung...'

'Just don't ever say that no one loves you. You know that's not true'

'I know. I'm sorry. I was just angry'

'And don't ever hit Luhan again. Haneul doesn't belong to you. She doesn't belong to anyone so there's no point getting angry about it.'

Chanyeol nodded again and bit into the bungeo-ppang. The red bean paste oozed out and he savoured every bit of that first bite. As he ate, Suho watched his younger dongseng. 

All this fighting over her. I dread to think what will happen when she finds out about this.

*End of Flashback*

 

Suho turned to Kris just before he was going to walk back down to give you your coffee. 'Kris?'

'Yeah?'

'Do you think this will all turn out alright?'

'What do you mean?'

'Well, we already know that 3 of them like her... What if there are more?'

'There's nothing we can do about it, Suho. She'll only be able to choose one, if even that. She might end up going off with Ahn Taejoon'

'I just hope the others won't be too disheartened if she doesn't feel the same way about them'

Kris smiled. 'I'm hoping they won't kill each other just to get ahead of the game. Suho, it's going to get very interesting around here as of now'

Suho nodded. 'May the Lord be with us'

'Amen to that, my brother'

 

 


none of you commented on the last update

tumblr_md2l0cYWGc1rkwd3ko1_500.jpg

 

would you like to please comment this time? or else author-nim won't have the heart to write...