Oh, Baekhyun

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Haneul! Are you alright? What happened?!'

D.O flew over to you as soon as you walked through the door with Kris and Chanyeol. Kai came running into the hallway from his bedroom. His friend, the one that had taken over his position, had called him to tell him about the fight between Chanyeol, Aaron and the bullies. He had forgotten to mention the teeny tiny detail that you had been involved so when Kai rushed out, he almost fainted from shock.

You slumped on the sofa beside Chanyeol and Kris left the room to fix himself some lunch as he needed to head out later for a lesson. A bruise was beginning to darken under Chaneyol's eye and he caught you staring at it. 

'Haneul, I'm fine'

'But... Your eye's all purple, Yeollie'

'What about your forehead? You've got another brain growing out there, princess.'

'Oh shut up, it's not that bad... Is it?'

D.O came out with a cold flannel and he gently pressed it on your forehead. 

'Wait, oppa. Give it to Chanyeol, he needs it more than me'

'I told you, I'm fine! It's nothing for a tough guy like me! Just a little injury, nothing major'

'Hyung? Tough, my !' said Kai gently placing a different cold compress onto the bump on your head. 'Sheesh, this is a big one. How hard did they hit you?...' He sat beside you but when you tried to hold the pack yourself, he slapped your hand away. 'I'll do it for you, you injured invalid.'

Now both you and Chanyeol had ice packs, you couldn't complain anymore. Chanyeol decided a shower was in order for his to clean his cuts and check himself over properly for other bruising. The front door swung open once again and Lay ran in shortly followed by Suho.

 

'Oh my God, Haneul! Oh my God. Oh my God.' 

You sighed, not wanting to worry Lay. 'I'm fine, honest. Just calm down a little. Chanyeol's worse than me.' 

'I'm fine too! Don't make up lies, Hana!' Chanyeol shouted from the bathroom.

'That's not my name! Don't call me that!' You waited until you heard the sound of running water. 'Yeollie did get pretty hurt' 

'And by the looks of it, so did you' said D.O

Lay crouched down in front of you and he gently eased off Kai's ice pack to see what damage had been done. He stared at the bump on your forehead for the few seconds it took for your hair to fall, concealing the bruise. 

'I'm so sorry, Haneul. I thought that he wouldn't go for you if I was in the same class...' 

'Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, Lay. I was pretty rude to him anyway so it's my own fault really. I just feel bad for getting Chanyeol and Aar- I mean, Taejoon involved. He pissed me off and he was always talking bad about you guys. It was time someone stood up to that jerk.' 

'Even so... You got hurt. What if it scars?' 

You could see what Lay was thinking about. The scars on his back were a vivid memory and a daily reminder of what this guy was capable of.

'I should be fine, I'm not that bad. Don't worry about me, okay?' 

'How can I not worry about you, Haneul?' 

He sighed when you turned to look at him abruptly. 'What do you mean?'

'Nothing... You're a walking disaster, that's all. I'm just a bit shaken up by this whole thing. Ignore me.'

 

Suho returned to the sofas with a tray full of cups of hot tea. 

'The main thing is that no one ended up in hospital. It's starting to become our second home, you know' 

'Unfortunately' said Kai, holding your hair out of the way and replacing the compress onto your head.

'But at least those guys are gone now, right?' said D.O, 'That's one good thing that's come out of this fight' 

'Yeah, you'll never have to see that jerk again, Lay' 

'And Baekhyun won't have to see that group again either' 

'But... I can't help but wonder if Baekhyun moved classes because of those guys' you said quietly

'What makes you say that?' said Suho

'Well when I was running around earlier, at one point I was in the Physics corridor and that was when the guy from my class called out to them all and they came and joined in. I'm just wondering if that was the reason why Baek switched subjects, that's all' 

'You, Haneul, should be a detective' said Kai in amazement

'Been told that quite a few times now, Kai' you replied, throwing a wink at him

'He never mentioned anything to me about that though' said Suho

'Nor me' said D.O

'Do you think he told Yeollie?' 

'Maybe...' 

'He didn't tell Chanyeol.' said Kris. He had been keeping awfully quiet, silently eating his ramen cup to himself. 'Baekhyun only told me why he moved. He said he hated going to lesson because everyone thought he was weird.' 

'You're only telling us all this now?...' you said sarcastically in English

'Well... Yeah.' he replied

'Speak Korean!' D.O cried out

'Araso, araso, araso. Okay... Well, those guys started a rumour about Baekhyun saying he was gay and although there's absolutely nothing wrong with you're attracted to, Baekhyun couldn't stand it. No one wanted to go near him and of course-' 

'Our Baekhyun loves to socialise. Sunny Baekhyun...' you said

'Exactly. So he switched.'

'But why English of all things? Have you heard him speak?' said D.O, settling down cross-legged on the floor sipping a mug of tea.

'Actually he's pretty good. I have 1 minute test conversations with him all the time and his pronounciation is better than most people's. One of the best I've heard to be honest.' 

'Yeah, Baekhyun really enjoys it I think' you added

Kai flipped over the ice pack to use the new and cooler side. It felt nice against the hard lump on your head. Kris chuckled.

'Do you know why he chose English, Haneul?' 

'Because you told him we'd help him?' you said

'No, because he wanted to prove those idiots wrong' 

'Prove them wrong?...' 

'You've lost me, Kris.' said Lay, 'I'm confused.'

'Same here' said D.O raising his hand.

Kris put down his chopsticks and settled his ramen cup on the table.

'The rumour was that he's gay, right?' 

'Right' 

'But no matter how many times he told them he wasn't, they wouldn't believe him' 

'So?'

'So... Ah Baekhyun's going to kill me for telling you this' 

'What is it?' 

'Cover Haneul's ears please.' 

Kai put down the ice pack and put his hands over your ears. You wriggled free.

'Yah, I want to know! You've got me all interested now!' 

'Baekhyun will murder me for this though. Will you stick up for me and say you forced me to spill?' 

'Well no... Eurgh, yes. Fine. Just tell me!' 

'I'm curious now' said Lay

'Yeah, this has really got me gripped' said D.O, 'What did he do?'

'Well to prove everyone wrong, he lied and said he had a girlfriend'

D.O spat out his tea. 'A girlfriend?! Who?!'

'That's the issue. He knew he couldn't say it was someone here as they could easily ask and he would get found out.' 

'Ah. He said Maddie was his girlfriend, didn't he?' you said

'Wow... You caught on quickly, Haneul' 

'I'm not an idiot, pabo.'

'Well Baekhyun knew that if they wanted to ask Maddie, they wouldn't be able to as she doesn't understand Korean. On top of that, him moving to study English makes it seem like he's studying for her which is well... oh so cute and romantic, isn't it? Then there's the whole thing that she's Haneul's friend and Baekhyun's met her before and those things make it even more feasible. Fool proof plan really.' 

'Okay. Haneul, you may be the greatest detective ever but hyung is simply the master of trickery.' said Kai

'What a sly guy!' said Lay laughing

'Well I reckon he might actually like her though' you said quietly

'Really?' 

You nodded. 'Mhm, Maddie talks to Baek more than she talks to me. I can barely get a word in on their conversations now.' You folded your arms and huffed in a fake cutesy aegyo way. 'She was my friend first and now Baekhyun's stealing her.'

Everyone laughed. It was nice to break up the harsh atmosphere. 

'Aigoo... What will we do with that kid?' said Suho chuckling. 

 

 

 

 


Here's a bit of Kai, D.O and Lay for you shippers out there~

 

oh Baekhyun...