Freshmen

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Aish, I'm still not used to these campus grounds. They're so much bigger than our high school. I almost walked into a drama class... That wouldn't have been fun'

Sehun sighed as he sat down at one of the lunch benches. Only a few of the 13 were with you as some of the guys were in their classes. 

'The food isn't great either. Too greasy. I hope D.O still has time to make us lunches' said Chanyeol, slamming down his fork making you jump up in surprise. 

You sighed deeply and pulled at your hair. Luhan reached over and made you let go of your hair, smiling at you. You sighed again, took a sip of your soda and carried on reading your first assignment with Suho who was studying the same degree as you- medicine.

'If we get homework like this everyday, I'll die from being overworked' you said as you turned over the page.

Suho patted your head and took out another can of soda from his bag, opening it and putting your straw into it. 

'Take it'

'Really? Don't you need some?'

'It's okay, I'll live. I can always just take some back if I need to'

You nodded and bit your lip, smiling to yourself. 

I'll be fine as long as Suho-oppa is with me, I know it.

'I wonder how everyone elses lectures were like this morning...' said Suho, thinking out loud.

'I don't even think some had lectures. I'm pretty sure Kris was just hanging about bathroom keeping away from the girls' said Luhan laughing.

You laughed before turning to Suho and looking at him seriously. 'Hey, oppa. Do you think we'll get days when we don't have any lectures? I ws kind of hoping I could do some extra stuff around campus?'

'Like?' said Sehun

'Like... Well, I was thinking of joining the swim team...'

'You want to do that? Join the team?' said a female voice.

 

You turned around to find a tall-ish girl standing in front of you with a black bag slung over her shoulder. 

One shoulder-ing her backpack- I like it. She knows what she's doing.

She was slim with her slightly jutting out hipbones showing at the waistband of her jeans where her top didn't quite reach down to cover her pierced belly button. She had large sunglasses on and chewed gum. She looked like the kind of nice popular girl who would be seen walking around Beverly Hills with a Starbucks coffee in one hand and her mobile phone in another which would have to be surgically removed from her hand if she was to ever put it down. She seemed like the kind of girl who would have a lot of popular friends in America, not be walking around in a dingy Seoul university campus. In all honesty. you found her a little intimidating.

'My older brother is in charge of the swimming team here so I'll mention you want to join. He'll probably make you do a trial though...'

You nodded.

'Naturally'

'Are you good?'

'...Well, I'm... alright'

'She's better than alright. She's really fast' said Chanyeol, remembering how you had been at last years school sports festival. The girl nodded wistfully and you could almost see the cogs inside her brain whirring to life and processing the information she had been given. 

'I'll make sure oppa sees you swim then. By any chance, are you guys freshmen too?'

'Freshmen?' said D.O, piping up as he and Kris had finished their classes and had made their way over to find you all.

'As opposed to like... Stale or gone off men?... Is that what you mean?' said Luhan in all seriousness.

Kris mentally face palmed himself and you quickly shoved one of Chanyeol's chips in your mouth to stop yourself from bursting into fits of laughter earning yourself a sly glance from the girl.

'No no, like... Like new people? First years at university?' said the girl

You quickly answered before anyone else could.

'Yeah, twe're new. We're freshmen' you said, smiling.

The girl quickly looked at what she had been eyeing- the assignment you had been given. 

'Medicine? Wow, you must be clever'

'A-Aniyo... I just take an interest in it, that's all. I liked Chemistry and Biology so it sort of made sense to choose medicine. Besides, I get Suho-oppa to help me out. He's the clever one'

Suho smiled.

'I'm not really... Haneul's just being modest'

'Ah I see... So erm, Haneul?' The girl now knew your name. 'Are you coming to the freshmen party tonight?'

'Freshmen party'

'It's tradition that the university holds a party on the first day of university. Oppa said that they're not great but it's good to get to know people and there's free food'

'I'd rather eat D.O's food' said Chanyeol, muttering under his breath. You grinned but kept eye contact with the girl.

'Maybe you could come and erm... Maybe you could bring your friends along too?'

She gave you the look and you understood. Chanyeol looked up from picking at his food.

'Is it tonight?'

The girl nodded with a glint in her eye.

'Yeah, tonight at 9pm in the big hall thing. Bring everyone you know, spread the word and well...' She looked straight at Chanyeol. 'Maybe you and I could find somewhere more private later?...'

 

You stopped breathing momentarily and Suho took his focus off the assessment criteria simply to see Chanyeol's reaction.

Oh boy.

You weren't sure how you felt about this girl sweeping Chanyeol away at a party. It reminded you a little too much of a previous incident regarding a drunk Daehyun and a tight black dress which had been swiftly disposed of. D.O looked slightly disgusted by her forwardness and even Kris who had already recieved three date requests in the past few hours from girls on campus, was shocked. Chanyeol coughed and stuttered out a small reply.

'I'll... Ahem... I'll see h-how I feel l-later'

'We'll go' said Baekhyun. 'Won't we, Chanyeol?'

Chanyeol groaned inwardly

Why Baekhyun, why?!

but nodded nonetheless.

'The 13 of us will be there' said Baekhyun. He knew it was the perfect place to make his mark in university and mingle.

The girl gave you all one final shocked look after hearing there were thirteen people but the bell rang before she could pry anymore. You breathed a sigh of relief.

Saved by the bell

 

 


Before you all think this, Daehyun won't appear at the party hahaha but something will happen as something always does. I don't just put things in for no reason, you know... bwahahaha

and wow, reading all your comments made me tear up... I've missed you all. I've missed writing like this. I've missed just THIS. Being here with you, writing for you, laughing and smiling with you. Ahh, I sound a bit silly...

School's started wahey and well, it's not too bad. Feels a little strange but that'll go away soon ^^ How is your new school year going?