Revealing

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Have a good day out?' Kai asked once you had arrived back home.

You were dressed top to toe in boys sportswear- hardly the best fashion style out there. D.O was matching too and you blushed thinking about it but it was almost as if you were wearing couple outfits. The day had been long and after D.O's second kiss, you had finally sort of woken up from your dazed state and actually started breathing again.

'Oh, it was great!' You said, waving to everyone and diving straight into your room.

Kris raised an eyebrow at your strange behaviour and D.O sat down on the floor in a lump after he had hung out both his and your clothes to dry.

'Fun?' he asked

'Tiring' D.O lied, 'I think I should have a lie down'

'Should Chanyeol and I pick something up from work to eat for dinner?' Xiumin asked as D.O began slowly walking to his room, 'save you making something?'

'But Haneul's cooking tonight' Sehun piped Baekhyun opened your door and found you sprawled out on your bed.

'Yeah, about that... I don't think that's happening. She looks pretty much dead to me.'

He shut the door behind him and you rolled over. Pretending to be asleep was probably something you could win an award in. Processing confessions however, was not. As much as you wanted to, you just couldn't get your head around the day. 

He took me to Nami Island

Then to Yongchu Falls where his mother was scattered

We said a prayer for her

And he kissed me...

You touched your lips with your fingertips. You had forgotten what a pair of lips touching yours felt like. It had been far too long since you had been kissed so lovingly and purely. It was almost as if he had been scared to kiss you- as if it would hurt you to kiss you.

And he kissed me a second time and told me he liked me

Confused was an understatement at this point.

Never in my life did I think he'd actually like me. I spent a few months liking him but at that time, he showed no interest. Isn't it just my luck that as soon as those feelings fade, he tells me he likes me?

Months of unrequited love only to get a confession half a year or so later. Even without meaning to pity myself, that's pretty harsh./

Your thought train was interrupted when someone entered your room.

 

'Haneul-ssi?'

It was Huiling. You turned to face her and she shut the door behind her.

'Are you having dinner?'

You shook your head, 'I'm pretty worn out. Eat without me'

'Oh I'm not eating either. I just wanted to talk to you'

'You're not eating?' Huiling nodded, 'I've got a flight to catch'

'A flight? Where to? Does Lay know?'

'Oh yes, it's not at all secretive. Everyone knows. There's a cab coming to pick me up in half an hour'

'Where are you going? Is it for good?'

You had to admit that came out slightly too hopeful.

I just want to have space to think about everything.

'I'm just going back home to China for a few days, I'll be back soon though.'

'You're going home?'

'It's just to see my family. My uncle is getting remarried but it's an occasion I have to attend.'

She sat down on the floor and began undoing her plait. You watched as her long black hair tumbled down and feeling slightly self-conscious, you tugged at your own locks.

'I'll make sure to bring you back something as a birthday gift. Especially as you're so special to Lay.'

You frowned as she took off the necklace and placed it in her suitcase, 'are you two going out?'

Huiling turned around, startled by your question, 'going out? No, nothing's official-'

'But do you like him?'

Huiling nodded. 'He's been so good to me. Even though I was too much of a coward to stand up for him before, he's found it in his heart to give me another chance.'

'And... He likes you?'

She shrugged this time, looking a little dejected.

'This morning he told me he felt like he was dying from confusion. Haneul, does he often say weird things like that?'

'Confusion?' You asked

'I don't know either. I have no idea what goes on in his head... But say Haneul, do you think he likes me?'

'Well...'

You looked at her, carefully. You observed every perfect part of her: her long black hair, her smiling eyes, her petite nose, her pretty mouth and of course, her history with Lay. Your gaze wandered over to her suitcase where you had seen her pack the silver necklace.

Perhaps you were just being selfish, thinking it was for you.

But then why would Huiling be gifted something so expensive just suddenly unless he really did like her?

'It... Seems like it'

Huiling smiled shyly, 'really?!'

You hated to admit it but she was cute. God dammit she was cute.

You nodded, looking away for a moment. You didn't want her to know you were angry about the necklace. Or rather, you wanted her gone so you could figure out what was really going on with Lay.

She stood up and hugged you, 'thank you so much!'

You gingerly patted her on the back, 'no problem...'

And within the next 20 minutes, she was gone.

3 days without Huiling. Zhang Yixing, what are you going to do? Are you going to fall apart without your girlfriend, I wonder?

 

***

 

'Seohee-ah, I need to see you'

'Why? What's wrong?'

You covered your mouth with your hand and spoke in a hushed tone.

'You were right about someone liking me... D.O confessed yesterday'

'What?!' Seohee yelled down the phone, 'okay hold up, I'm coming. Where are you?'

'Science block, floor 2 by the dissection lab'

'Right...Can we meet somewhere less gruesome please? Meet me out in the courtyard in 2 minutes. You're spilling.'

Once you had met Seohee and found a private place to talk, she demanded to know everything.

'I don't want to tell you the details since it's really personal' you said blushing, 'but the basic story is 2 kisses and a confession'

'Two?!'

'Yeah...'

'Did you initiate the second?'

You shook your head, 'no, it was all a bit surreal. I didn't do anything at all. I didn't even breathe or blink or-'

'I don't believe this... I knew he liked you and all but-'

'I'm still mad that you didn't tell me sooner it was him'

'They're not my feelings so I shouldn't be the one to express them to you. It was kind of obvious anyway, Haneul. Only you couldn't see it'

'So now what do I do?'

'Why are you asking me? I can't tell you if you like him or not. Did he say anything after that?'

'He said to take my time to think about what he said. He's not rushing me since it was quite a surprise'

'Well think about it for as long as you need to... I have to run to my lesson now but I'll call you later okay? Oh and how's Lay?'

'Lay? Why?'

'No, nothing. Just wondering that's all'

Seohee began walking off and you called after her.

'Seohee-ah! Just don't tell Chen! The others can't know!'

She nodded, waving and grinning.

'I got it, don't worry'

 

***

 

'Yeah? What's up? This better be good.'

Seohee had dragged Jinri out of the practice room and of course, she wasn't too happy about it.

'D.O confessed to Haneul' she said, holding Jinri's shoulders

'So?'

'So?! Don't you see? That means the rest of them are going to as well some time soon! This is when Haneul will have to turn Taejoon down'

'Taejoon? What's all this got to do with me?'

'Oh don't act like you don't know what I mean.'

Jinri shrugged, acting defiant and Seohee sighed heavily. 'I know you like him. Taejoon, I mean.'

Jinri jumped Seohee, placing both her hands on .

'Shut up!'

Releasing her grip, Jinri stepped back.

'Sorry...'

Seohee rolled her eyes. 'You need to tell Haneul you like him'

'Why?'

'Because then she can let go of him. I mean, it's blatantly obvious she doesn't like him anymore but there's no reason for her to break that to him at the moment. If we bring you into the equation, it'll be done quicker than quick.'

'You're joking... How can I tell her?!'

'She's our friend, of course you can. Isn't she one of your best friends?'

'Well... Yes'

'Then?'

Jinri huffed and stormed off back into the practice room.

'Fine. I'll tell her tonight. Maybe.'

 

Things were tough for Jinri for the rest of the day. She was sick with nerves at the thought of telling you she had feelings for your ex-boyfriend. Guilt plagued her as she remembered all the times Jaemin had to talk to her to get her to stop hating you. She knew it wasn't your fault that Taejoon still had feelings for you but it was more than heartbreaking for her to have to witness him pine after you.

After dinner, she called you and asked to meet at the local playground. Her voice was thick and it sounded like she was suffering a cold or the flu. You didn't like the sound of it. It was raining as well by the time you had gathered your things to go and meet her. You ran to her with a can of hot coffee, fearing she would fall ill. Then you saw the tears.

'Jinri-ah... Why are you crying? What's going on?'

'Haneul... I'm a bad person. A really bad person.'

'What are you talking about? Have you done something wrong? What is it? You can tell me-'

You expected her to tell you she had shoplifted or stolen something. Even in your mind you thought that maybe she was a friend of Shinyeong's, sent to spy on you and wreak havoc again. You imagined the worst case scenarios and planned how you would have to take them. Maybe Daehyun had sent her to kidnap you. Or maybe Jun Sook wanted her to kill Chanyeol.

'I like someone I shouldn't like!' She screamed, kneeling down on the wet, waterlogged concrete

You could have laughed if she wasn't being so hysterical.

You bent down and tried to get her to stand up but she refused, pushing you so you fell onto your .

'No!'

As you sat on the floor, raindrops falling on you everywhere and soaking into your clothes, Jinri crawled to you and hugged you tightly.

'Haneul, I'm so sorry...' she sobbed

'What are you sorry for?'

You could smell the very faint smell of soju. 'Have you been drinking?'

It couldn't have been anything more than 2 or 3 shots but if Jinri was ill or hadn't eaten in a while, perhaps the alcohol's effect would have been amplified.

'I... I...'

'You can tell me. Whatever it is, you can tell me Jinri-ah.'

The water was seeping up your shorts and soaking into your underwear. You were most definitely going to get ill if you had to walk back in the rain like this.

'I like him!' Jinri said, 'I like him!'

'Who?'

'Him!... Ahn Taejoon!' She howled even louder, uncontrollably shaking.'Haneul, I'm so sorry. I started to feel bad emotions towards you and I shouldn't have, I should have told you I liked him and I'm so sorry.'

'What are you even saying? It's okay that you like him. He's lucky you do, Jinri-ah'

'B-But he likes you...'

You were lost for words.

'Help me, Haneul. I like him so much I want to die' Jinri whispered

Her eyes started to close and you felt her temperature. It was far too low to be normal so you took out your mobile and called Jaemin. Your medical mode had been and you wrapped your thin cardigan around her.

'Oppa, Jinri's here with me. You might want to pick her up.'

 

It only took Jaemin 5 minutes of illegal speeding to reach the park and he lifted his sister in his arms to carry her back to his car.

'Do you want a lift?' He asked you

You shook your head, 'the dorm isn't that far away. Just take her home and get her warm again'

'You're a good friend to her, Haneul . I suppose she told you?'

You nodded and Jaemin smiled as he hopped into his car.

'Then at least we're making progress.'

 

As you began walking back down towards the dorm, you noticed someone running out to you.

Chanyeol?

He was holding an umbrella and had a towel tucked under his shoulder. Almost attacking you, he wrapped the towel around your shivering body.

'Why did you go out in the rain?!'

'...Jinri had a breakdown'

'And you gave her your clothing?! Forgot to take care of yourself?!' 

He was almost shouting at you and you nodded dumbly, water dripping down your face. 

'Come on Haneul, you're cleverer than that. Come here.'

He hugged you under the umbrella letting you warm up a little from his body heat. 

'You're going to get really ill if you don't look after yourself' he said, still scolding you, 'God, you didn't half give me a heart attack when I found out from Tao that you had gone out. It may be summer but you can't be this irresponsible'

He bent down in front of you.

'Get on, you look like you're going to faint'

You obliged, not wanting to be told off anymore and clambered onto Chanyeol's back, wrapping your arms around his neck and letting your chin rest on his shoulder.

'You're always getting into trouble, princess...'

As you passed out on his back, Chanyeol held onto your ankles tighter so you wouldn't fall.

'Princess Hana Banana and Prince Yeollie...'

He laughed to himself as he ran back to the dorm.

You're such an idiot when you're with her, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 



tumblr_mmxqw7BmgL1rrcy8go3_500.jpg

I have 3 words for you Kris and Baekhyun

'r u ok...'

(chanyeol you're perfect stay as you are)

 

nice long update to celebrate COMEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK