The Show #2

That Girl, Which Boy?

Kris' eyebrows were furrowed. People were looking at you. Jaemin had his head tilted in confusion. Chanyeol had his fists clenched. Luhan was nowhere to be seen. 

'Haneul-ah... This one's for you'

Taejoon began to sing.

I need you

The band soon joined in.

The beat picked up and the chorus came in. 

I need you.

Every time I try to erase you the world crumbles, by the roots.

At the endless time, deeply imprinted in all of its space, your breath is all that remains.

You wanted to look away but you couldn't. The entire time, Taejoon only looked at you and at his guitar. He sang with his heart and the boys beside you sat there, completely dumbfounded and helpless. What could they do? Pull out the plug to his mike? Stop your ex-boyfriend from professing his feelings to you? Strangle him and dispose of the body? D.O threw uneasy glances around now and then and Kai wrung his fingers in aggravation. 

All you did was sit. Taejoon was speaking to you through his lyrics. What other guy would travel halfway across the world just for their girl? 

The bridge came and you were stunned. You had never heard him sing this way before. All his efforts were put and his eyes were shining under the spotlight, almost as if he was teary eyed.

I can’t get over you.

You just keep shining on and on through my time.

You watched his arm movements, continuously strumming the guitar, playing with no sign of stopping. The bassist and drummer from The Taxi's played with their all. You couldn't help but cry. Everyone in the audience cheered and clapped.

I can't get over you.

I can't get over you.

You found yourself sobbing. You rubbed your eyes as your kept watching the stage, transfixed. The only thing and person you could see was Taejoon, giving everything he had, to tell you how he felt. A self composed song which he had locked himself away to create was made just for you. 

I can’t turn things back like in the movies, like it was a lie.

Come back to me. 

The music ended and people stood up to cheer. You felt glued to your seat, positively tied down with nowhere to go. There was nothing you could do. Taejoon bowed to the audience and shook hands with the drummer and bassist onstage. He took one final look at you before leaving stage left and disappearing from sight. 

 

As the rest of the members of The Taxi's filed onstage, your mind was a mess. Never had you expected that. The band did a quick mike check and started to play their own rendition of SHINee's Juliette.

The male singer with a husky voice began to sing the first verse. You weren't listening. You only heard the choruses that the female lead sang.

 

Juliette, I’ll give you my soul

Juliette, please accept me

Juliette, sweetly, a little more sweeter

Whisper my serenade

 

Please open your heart

Your gestures toward me pass by again

My trembling heart seems like it’ll explode any moment

 

You hated every love song at that moment. Everything they said made you want to tear your hair out. You felt guilty for leaving him without saying goodbye. You felt sick for being such a horrible girlfriend. You didn't deserve someone as nice as him and yet here he was, fighting for you again. 

The band finished playing and there was only one more performance before the break. D.O gently nudged you. 

'Haneul-ah, are you okay? I'll take you outside for a bit if you want?'

You shook your head. 'I'm alright'

'At least have a drink then' said Baekhyun, passing you his bottle of water. Chanyeol stared at it dumbly. He was too angry to do anything and he was certainly in no mood to listen to anymore music. The MC came back on stage as tne curtains closed. You heard some shifting and you guessed they were creating a set for the last act before the interval. 

'Wow... That was unexpected, wasn't it?'

There was a pause. No one in the audience said anything. The atmosphere was so awkward, you could have died and no one would have noticed. 

'Well, moving swiftly on, our final performer before the break is a Seoul girl who moved to the US to study at Berklee College a few years ago. She's come back to Korea to finish studying so please, give it up for Im Seohee!'

Chen sat up rigid in his chair. He recognised the name. Im Seohee... Why do I know that name? The curtains opened and there was a girl standing in front of a DJ deck. The microphone stand was in front of her and covered her face so she lowered it. You heard Chen gasp a little and he fell back into his chair in shock. The girl on stage smiled at everyone.

 

'Hi, Seohee imnida! I wrote this song when I was in the US to English lyrics but I translated them back to Korean to sing tonight. I'm sorry if my Korean is a little rusty but this song was inspired by the boyfriend I had before I moved. I hope you like it'

Everyone clapped and you noticed her breathe out slightly. Her lips were pouted as she put on a pair of really big headphones and she pressed a button which started the music rolling. Her head bobbed in time to the beat and she tapped her feet. She pressed a few extra buttons, adding electronic effects and she began to sing

When I think about you, who told me you’d always stay with me

when I was surrounded by fear from this new born love,

It feels like a far away tale. Already time has passed this much, and you,

who told me you’d always be with me, are still with me.

You let your mind be muffled by her voice. She was a great singer and totally in her zone. She used her entire body, swaying her hips and moving in time to the music, whilst pressing buttons and singing. People stood up and danced along, cheering for her. 

As for the difficulties, there will be many, many

but if we are together surely we could do well.

Well, where happiness starts, I can find out when I hold your hand.

Your warm voice, that sweet gaze of yours

You wanted to listen to the song in its English lyrics. Scratch that, you wanted to do anything that meant the break would never come. She could play her set all night long and you wouldn't be angry. All you knew was that come the interval, you would have to face Taejoon and despite your begs and pleas to the gods out there, the 15 minute break came and there was a mad rush of people leaving the auditorium to buy drinks or use the toilet. Chanyeol got up and took off speedily. You didn't bother look for him. He looked mad and you couldn't work out why. Baekhyun just shook his head in pity. D.O kept silent and then stood up to go to the bathroom with Suho. Kai diverted his attention to talking to Tao so you took this chance to go outside and find Taejoon. 

 

Wandering down the corridors, you found the stage entrance and walked in. The girl you recognised as Seohee bowed to you and you bowed back. 

'Sorry, but are you looking for someone?' she said.

'Yes... I'm looking for Taejoon'

'You must be Haneul then' Seohee replied in English

You nodded. 'Yeah, that's me'

'He's just outside. He's freaking out a little bit though.'

'Really? Why?'

'Because you're here' she laughed. She pointed to a door that said EXIT. 'He's just out there.'

You thanked her and found him outside by himself. He was holding his guitar and trembling slightly. His back was against the wall and he sat on the cold floor, the wind whipping his cheeks relentlessly. You sighed and took off your thick jacket, placing it over his shoulders. He looked up.

'Hana?!'

'Hi...'

He frantically tried to put your jacket back on you. 'What are you doing?! You'll get ill'

'You wear it'

'No!'

'Wear it, goddamn it, Aaron!'

It fell silent and he slowly put half the jacket around you. He noticed you had started to cry. 

'Hana...'

You sighed again. 'Why do you call me that?'

'Call you what?'

'My fake name. Why do you use it? How long have you known?'

'Jinri calls you Haneul. It's obvious'

'So why did you only call me that tonight?'

'I guess... Making you remember the past wasn't working so I had to live in the present by calling you Haneul. Everyone else calls you Haneul here'

You sobbed. 'You're an idiot'

'Did you like the song?'

You hit him. 'Idiot!'

'How am I an idiot?'

'You came all the way here. I left you for a reason! I wanted you to be safe! The guy is still out there, Aaron! God, think!'

'Haneul, I love you goddamn it. How many times do I need to say it? I just sang out there for you!'

'I know, okay?! I know!...'

Taejoon kept silent. 

'... It was beautiful. I cried, alright? I feel guilty. I feel ashamed. I can't believe I left you-'

'I-'

'But I did! I left you! Why the hell did I leave you?! Why didn't I tell you?! I'm an idiot.'

'Han, stop it. Stop beating yourself up about the past. It doesn't matter'

'Taejoon, I... I really loved you. I thought I got over you when I moved here. I found friends here. I love all the other oppas...'

Aaron grew a little agitated at that comment. He knew he had competition but he didn't think you had grown so attached to them. 

'And I just... I don't know if I still love you like before. I don't know how I feel about anything. My mind is numb. My body is numb. Everything hurts, Taejoon-ah. It hurts and I don't know why. Why can't I just choose you? Why do I feel like I love someone else more?'

'Because you do'

'But I don't! I can't say who I love! I don't know who I love! So what does that mean?! Does that mean I love you?! What does it mean?!' you screamed. 

Panting slightly, you took a deep breath in and exhaled into the cold night. Aaron put an arm around you and you put your head on his shoulder. You stayed like that for a moment until you lifted your head up. 

'Why do you still like me? I'm from a broken family. I live with 12 other boys who are equally as good looking and as nice as you are. There are plenty of other girls out there for you. Why me?'

'Because... No one gets me like you do, Han... True, I don't understand you half the time. I don't understand how you can be so calm about getting your underwear cleaned by Byun Baekhyun and I certainly don't understand how you can wake up every morning with bed hair and just walk out to greet 12 immensely hot guys when you couldn't even do that with your own parents but... You understand me. It's selfish of me to want you just because you're the only person I know who truly understands exactly who Ahn Taejoon is but-'

There was a loud crash and a shout of agony from backstage. You both stood up and ran inside to see what had happened. You saw the lighting tower had fallen to the floor and there was someone stuck under. Everyone had gathered round and the teacher was wailing and shouting for help. You gripped Aaron's hand when you heard who it was. 

'Sehun-ah! Sehun! Yah, Sehun, wake up! Wake up!'

You saw Luhan crouched beside the teacher, gently slapping Sehun's cheeks and Lay was standing over him checking his pulse and breathing. 

'Yah! Maknae! Don't joke around! Sehun-ah! Oh Sehun! Don't do this! Oh Sehun! Oh Sehun!'

 


oooooh SNAP! 3 major things! 

  1. Taejoon's confession! AHHHHHH
  2. Sehun's fall! AHHHHH
  3. Lay AND Luhan?!?!?!?!?!!?! The two that can't perform?!?!?! AH! 

WHAT IS GOING ON?! kekeke, am I teasing you all a bit too much?