Practice

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Up! Down! Up! Down! Up! Down! Up! Down!'

You watched Luhan and the rest of the football team do their push ups. The few girls in the swimming squad squealed at the sight of some of them shirtless. 

'How hot is that one?' one girl said, pointing to the guy next to Luhan

Luhan lifted his head, not realising anyone had been there and seeing you smile and wave at him, crashed to the floor onto his stomach and chin.

'Hey, you! Why are you on the floor? Quit staring at the girls. 10 more for the group!' yelled the coach. 

Everyone groaned. You had been lucky to have a swim coach like Jaemin. All the other sports captains were a lot older and with those extra years of knowledge and wisdom, came extra years of brutality and discipline. 

'Right! Take a toilet break! Be back in 10 minutes!'

 

It was a Friday morning, nice and early and you were sat in the sweaty gymnasium with the rest of the swimming squad and the football team. For some crazy reason that you couldn't bear to think of, Jaemin and the football coach had decided to put training together for the day. 

'This . I wanted to sleep in today'

Luhan nodded, not really paying attention, his arms burning. You leant your head on his shoulder.

'Luhan, it's not even 9am and I'm already tired'

'That's because you were up early this morning talking to Lay, weren't you?' Luhan casually replied.

You looked at him, startled. Did he hear where Lay went?

'So... What did you guys talk about?'

'H-Huh? Oh... Nothing'

'Nothing?'

'Not really. Lay just helped me stick up some photos'

'Ah... I see.' Luhan sighed to himself. You idiot, am I really that hard to fool? You two talk so loudly.

'What were you doing awake at that time?'

'I got back from Hyun-Ki's pretty early...'

'Oh right, yeah, I had forgotten about that... Why did you disappear in the first place? You have no idea how worried Kai was when he found out you were gone'

'Oh God, he wasn't that worried, was he?' You pictured Kai feeling anxious, pacing up and down the dorm, and you felt insanely guilty. 

I'll make a mental note to apologise to him.

'Well?...' said Luhan again

You hadn't realised you had forgotten to reply. 'Oh jeez, sorry Luhan. I'm so out of it right now'

'Something troubling you?... Something your cousin said?'

You were stuck. Do I tell Luhan about Lay? Surely he should know... But then Lay specifically asked me not to tell the others... Aish, what a troublesome dilemma.

'Haneul?...'

Luhan looked down at you resting on his shoulder. Do you know what? Let's leave it for today. I can't talk to you when you're like this. 

'Collect your thoughts and then you can tell me. Haneul-ah, you know you can tell me anything, right?'

You nodded slowly. It was a small gesture but Luhan knew you meant it sincerely. 

'Boys! Back to your positions! That includes the swimming boys too!'

Luhan gently pryed your head off his shoulder.

'Haneul-ah, I gotta go. See you outside, okay?'

You nodded again. 

'Girls! You've got flexibility training with the dance group in room 16!' Jaemin yelled. 'The music performers for the show will be there too! Come down when you're done!'

A girl in your squad poked you. 'Haneul-ah, come on, let's go together'

You stood up slowly. Luhan watched you from his position. 

'Mmm, let's go. Room 5, right?' you said

The girls nodded. 'See you later! Don't work too hard!' one of them yelled back at the boys.

'Yah! Do you want to do 100 push ups too?!' said Jaemin, getting up onto his feet. 

The girls turned to each other. 'Run!' 

 

 



Hey guys ^^ could you all please check out this blog post and help me out? I love you! <3