Interlude 2

That Girl, Which Boy?

'Alright, I'm going to drop Seohee back at her house. See you after lunch!'

'Bye! Have fun!'

You let out an exasperated sigh when the door shut. Finally. A calm and quiet weekend. Chanyeol flung his button-down shirt off and kicked back on the sofa beside you in nothing more than a thin black wifebeater covering his chest.

'Yah, Park Chanyeol. Put on a shirt!' Kris yelled

Chanyeol grinned playfully. 'Why? I like it like this- nice and breezy'

'Chanyeol, I think you should put on your shirt.' Said Baekhyun

'Yes Chanyeol. Listen to Baekhyun' Kris added through gritted teeth

'But why, hyung?'

'I'm sure Haneul doesn't want to be near your stinking armpits.'

You giggled when Chanyeol swung his arm over your shoulder.

'What?... Like this, hyung?' He said with a devilish smirk

'Yah! Park Chanyeol! Why are you being so inappropriate?! Haneul is still a girl!' Kris barked.

Chanyeol laughed hysterically as he manically ran into his room and locked the door.

Kris sat down beside you and picked up the university's newsletter. 'Still such a child.'

'Give him a break, Kris. It's funny.'

'You don't feel uncomfortable by it?'

'Not really. Should I? I mean, you guys come out of the shower topless 50% of the time so I don't get fazed anymore.'

'Are you trying to say that my abs no longer dazzle you?' Kris said, feigning shock

You poked his stomach. 'Abs? What abs? You mean your tubby belly?'

'Ha! Tubby belly?! May I please remind you who made a living in China by being a model?'

'With the name Kevin of all names...'

'Hey, it was tough times and I had little imagination, give me a break.'

'You're saying you have more of an imagination now?'

'Excuse me, why has this turned into a 'bash Kris' conversation?'

'Because your ego is sky high since that 'Kiss me Kris' club started.' said Tao

'Since when was his ego not sky high?' Kai added, winking at you.

'Yeah. After all, you were a model, weren't you?' You said, winking back.

'You lot are all as bad as Chanyeol.'

'Leave me out of it, Kris.' Xiumin yelled from the kitchen. 'I will never be as immature as Chanyeol!'

The smell of pancakes waffled out into the room and Sehun stood up.

'Hyung, is that you cooking?'

'It is indeed. Set out the plates and stuff for me?' Xiumin answered

'Tao? Help?' Sehun asked Tao nodded and slowly began crawling towards the kitchen. Sehun kicked his and the duo began chasing each other towards the kitchen. 

Suho came out of D.O's room with a thermometer. 'He's fine. Temperature slightly high but he's fine. Let's leave him out of the weekend's duties though to fully recuperate.'

You looked around.

We're missing someone.

Then it clicked.

'Where's Lay?'

Everyone stopped and looked around. Chanyeol strolled out of his room with a t-shirt on which he teasingly began to lift up when Kris glared at him. He sat himself down on the arm of the sofa and took the newsletter out of Kris' hands.

He went out. This morning before you all woke up, I saw him leaving the campus.'

'Out? Where?'

'Not sure. Why?'

'When will he be back?'

'Why are you so desperate to know?'

'I need to give him a good grilling for being so rude to Taejoon last night. D.O-oppa, I can forgive since he wasn't thinking straight but he was just way out of line.'

'It's understandable though, Haneul...' Kai said softly

'Go easy on hyung' said Tao from the dining table

'Yeah well good luck even finding him.' Xiumin said.

He came out of the kitchen holding a plate stacked high with pancakes. Everyone immediately rushed over and Sehun took the place at the head of the table only to be shoved out of the way by Xiumin.

'Hey! Hyung!'

Chef's reward. Don't like it? Don't eat.'

 

---

 

'Hey! Have you guys seen the notice yet?!'

An excited trainee ran through the dormitories, knocking on the doors.

'Hey! Get up! They're choosing! They're choosing from us!'

Luhan stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the hall towards the noticeboard. His towel was slung over his shoulders and he stretched his arms out wide.

 

DEBUTING: 5 MEMBER BOY GROUP

Plans are underway to debut a 5 member boy group early next year. As of yet, there are 10 male trainees. Those that we believe have the potential will debut under the company as new rookie artists.

Trainees that fail to impress shall be dropped from the company.

The auditions will begin in 10 days and will be done in partner form. Please prepare accordingly. There will be no second chances.

Have a happy day!

(partner lists are up in the dance studio)

 

Luhan blinked, taking in the information. They're dropping kids too? He snapped a photo of it and sent it to Minki who had become a good friend to him. They practiced together and now dreamed of debuting together. The two got along like salt and pepper.

 

Message from Luhan: Here's our chance!

Message from Minki: ^o^

Message from Luhan: Let's do this together!

Message from Minki: Ne! See you later, Luhan!

Message from Luhan: See you!

 

As Luhan walked down to the hall to get breakfast, a female trainee rushed up to him.

'Luhan! Luhan!'

'Yeah?'

'I heard about you and Minki being partners! Just so you know, I'm sure you'll debut!'

Luhan smiled, happy his audition was going to be with his friend who could offer some sort of comfort.

'Thanks. Minki and I are adamant about debuting together.'

The girl frowned. 'Wait? You don't know about it?'

Now it was Luhan's turn to frown. 'Know about what?'

'About the auditioning process here?'

'No?'

'They've put everyone in partners. You go against your partner. You're battling against Minki.'

'Battling?'

'Yes! Versus! Luhan versus Minki! Best one goes through and debuts?'

Luhan stood there feeling more than just bewildered. You can't be serious...

'Luhan? Are you okay? You look a bit pale. Did you seriously not know?'

Luhan shook his head and the girl just shrugged.

'Well I'm cheering for you, okay? You'll definitely win. After all, you're a castee, not an auditionee.'

 

---

 

Lay was sitting in a coffee shop in Myeongdong. It was the coffee place he had often gone to with Luhan and Kris upon first arriving in Korea. Wanting to take a break from wandering around and trying to find some inspiration as to what to buy you for your birthday, he was now enjoying his black coffee when he heard someone call his name.

A girl. The girl, to be precise.

'Yixing? Is that you? You came?'

Lay turned around and his jaw dropped. He hadn't been expecting her. And since when did you call me Yixing? Despite getting a rather suspicious text the night before, Lay had followed through the instructions and waited to see who it was that wanted to meet him.

'What do you want then?'

He noticed a thick, purply bruise under the girl's right eye. She had tried her best to cover it up with foundation but it was swollen. People were staring at her with piercing and judging looks. They wondered who on earth would want to physically abuse such a beautiful girl with rosy lips and a head of thick, long, black locks.

'What happened to you?' he asked, switching to Chinese. 'What happened when I left?'

'We started dating, Lay.'

'Please tell me you're joking.'

'I'm sorry.'

'Why couldn't you see you were just his plaything?'

'I did. I saw last night. It finally happened.'

'What happened last night?'

'He hit me. Lay... I know what you must think about me-'

'And what do I think of you?'

'That... That... I should have told him to stop. I should have stood up for you.'

'That's not what I think but what you think of yourself. You said it, not me.'

'Do you hate me?'

'Now why would I hate you? Do you have somewhere to go?'

'Go?'

'Well I'm assuming you won't be going back to him now, right?' She nodded.

'Then I guess you're going to have to follow me.'

'Follow you? Where to?'

'I'll let you stay with me until you find somewhere to go-'

'Lay, thank you so much! I-'

'-But let me warn you this now. If you're still in contact with that bastard, I'm kicking you straight out and you'll never see the nice side of me again.'

'I'm never going back to him, Lay. You can trust me.'

'There are only a few people in this world I trust with my everything but for now, let's go and get you cleared up, okay?'

 

 



Okay, I have to admit: I'm worried. I'm really worried about how you're going to recieve the introduction of yet another character OTL... I know that one of my pet peeves is too many characters in a story but here's some background information on this girl. The girl I've mentioned is the girl from here: Lay's history. For you guys that are confused, just read the first section and you'll understand why she can speak chinese etc ^^ 

Are you liking how this story is going? Tell me your thoughts!~~